Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
And now for something entirely different. A Canadian ER doctor says that the risk of the virus being transmitted due to flatulence is extremely low. She actually had the time to review some studies on this topic. I’m amazed researchers actually took the time to do this. She said the virus is contained in fecal material in your lower bowel and the volume of air expelled is minimal compared to what is expelled through breathing. The biggest infection risk would be skin contact with fecal material. Cleaning infected patients in hospitals and nursing homes. I know this is not an appropriate topic during breakfast time but science marches on folks and enquiring minds want to know. Enjoy your day and, despite the low risk, have the decency to step outside and point your posterior pistol well away from any family members.

• Haha
Reactions: bienamor

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Will Promesecal. the government subsidized pharmacy also known as Botica Popular be offering Adrenachrome anytime soon?

Asking for a friend.
TIA

Big

Apr 24, 2019
And now for something entirely different. A Canadian ER doctor says that the risk of the virus being transmitted due to flatulence is extremely low. She actually had the time to review some studies on this topic. I’m amazed researchers actually took the time to do this. She said the virus is contained in fecal material in your lower bowel and the volume of air expelled is minimal compared to what is expelled through breathing. The biggest infection risk would be skin contact with fecal material. Cleaning infected patients in hospitals and nursing homes. I know this is not an appropriate topic during breakfast time but science marches on folks and enquiring minds want to know. Enjoy your day and, despite the low risk, have the decency to step outside and point your posterior pistol well away from any family members.
I think I will skip my pumpernickel bagel this morning

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Eight weeks ago when the State of Emergency went into effect, there were intense prophesies of riots, looting, criminal bands of miscreants roaming the streets and creating havoc.
Has any member of this community been a victim of a crime in the last eight weeks?
Keep in mind that it's readily available, since everything in this forum is written and kept on file forever (or at least it still seems to be the case), that Dominican statistics about the Covid situation generally didn't received much questioning by DR1ers. At least when death counts surpassed recovered counts. Once the gap between the two started to shrink and recovered has greatly surpassed deaths (and that gap is growing), some expats have taken the mission to question and completely discount Dominican statistics. Some have dedicated somewhat lengthy posts to their "analyses," but it remains that they felt the need after recovered surpassed deaths. Before it was only a very handful of people that took that stance and generally they left the country when they had the chance.

I guess they dom't like it that most Dominicans that are hospitalized due to Covid now survive. Poses a challenge to their held belief on Dominicans? Don't know, but could be.

• Love
Reactions: MikeFisher

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The curfew did a good job and reducing the crime rate. Yes I personally know of someone who was a victim of a crime just two days ago.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
A dentist who works near UASD in Santo Domingo was robbed at gunpoint by 2 jamokes on a motorbike yesterday walking to work along Ave Jose Contreras.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
They had him toss the wallet and phone over due to the 2-meter rule. Clorox wipes were found on the scene
soooo,
why is such cleanly and by the rules done robbery mentioned in the Press?
that must have been foreign republicans snitching info to the local press/DR1.
as far as i see this,
it was a clean job, should not be blown up in the republican press to stirr revolting ideas with the citizens.

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I

I walked to the colmado today to celebrate the gran apertura. I had my surplus mask donned. No one in the store had one. Some guy was laughing and spitting and slapping his compadre on the shoulder and sweat also flew off the compadre onto the counter where my cheese was.

Was that you that ran away? Thanks for the free cheese.

• Haha
Reactions: cavok and etolw

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
free of charge.
but was italso virus free?
free is not always really FREE, hahaha

I still do not buy into the fear factor. Sorry, but this is me.
I complied with the rules governing the State of Emergency, because they were the rules put in place, and I have always been a law abiding citizen of each and every country I hold citizenship in, or have had the opportunity to visit.....whether I believe in them or not.
The RD has not had the same results as in other hard hit nations or hotspots.
The same Doomsday Davies and Crazy Charlottes running scared from The Kung Flu, are the same ones who do not sleep at night due to zombies, earthquakes, asteroids, and that thing in the closet.
They can live in their plastic bubble wrap. It is their right. I live free. It is my right.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I still do not buy into the fear factor. Sorry, but this is me.
I complied with the rules governing the State of Emergency, because they were the rules put in place, and I have always been a law abiding citizen of each and every country I hold citizenship in, or have had the opportunity to visit.....whether I believe in them or not.
The RD has not had the same results as in other hard hit nations or hotspots.
The same Doomsday Davies and Crazy Charlottes running scared from The Kung Flu, are the same ones who do not sleep at night due to zombies, earthquakes, asteroids, and that thing in the closet.
They can live in their plastic bubble wrap. It is their right. I live free. It is my right.
then you got yourself real free cheese, congrats, lol

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
after all the elderly already died, thats easy to say that, then, lol.

But not here in RD.

Where are all the illnesses and deaths related to the fella who stormed the beach at Puerto Plata?

Where are all the illnesses and deaths related to the thousands that were rounded up by the police for violating the curfew, or the police themselves for being exposed to the violators?

Where are all the illnesses and deaths related to all who voted in the primaries, twice?

Where are all the illnesses and deaths related to all the flights that originated daily from New York, Spain, and Italy prior to the State of Emergency?

Where are all the illnesses and deaths here within RD?

Why has nobody had gripe, dengue, or cholera here within RD in the last 3 months?

Most of the persons yelling and screaming regarding this Kung Flu are contributing from the hotspot of New York. They have a reason to be jittery and nervous......there.

Here, within RD, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.