Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Seems the coronavirus death rate is minuscule
We all knew.
Open everything ASAP

From the CDC:

And to think, that not one person has thanked you for starting this thread line way back on 21 January of this year.
Back in the days of the old forum.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
But not here in RD.

Where are all the illnesses and deaths related to the fella who stormed the beach at Puerto Plata?

Where are all the illnesses and deaths related to the thousands that were rounded up by the police for violating the curfew, or the police themselves for being exposed to the violators?

Where are all the illnesses and deaths related to all who voted in the primaries, twice?

Where are all the illnesses and deaths related to all the flights that originated daily from New York, Spain, and Italy prior to the State of Emergency?

Where are all the illnesses and deaths here within RD?

Why has nobody had gripe, dengue, or cholera here within RD in the last 3 months?

Most of the persons yelling and screaming regarding this Kung Flu are contributing from the hotspot of New York. They have a reason to be jittery and nervous......there.

Here, within RD, no.
thats agreed, not here.

Reactions: Caonabo

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Have you been able to take your crafts out at all?
you mean the boats?
due the slow running 2019 year, after that us press shit storm against DR,
we had all the time one boat out of the water on the dry dock all the time.
for a slow, months lasting each time, all around maintenance.
paintings, interiors refreshing, engines renewing and/or changing etc.
as we had not the volume of customers to occupy all boats at the same time like the years before.
dry dock cost near nothing compared to docking at a caribbean island marina, so part of the maintenance/remodeling paid itself by just having that boat out of the water/off the docks and not chartering.
now, after Covid, i am pretty sure we may have 2 boats on the dry dock at a time.
i am a positive person, so i see the advantage, as this way the boats will not wear out, they will always stay on top conditions,
as each will be more often and far longer out of the water and worked on than it was the case during the years with high charter volumes.
also in case of the Saona Island Excurions I see the positive side, in this case for mother nature,
as i "guess" that not more than half of the prior operating boats will be back on duty for a long while, if so many at all.
as the new norm concentrates actually on social distancing, i don't see a way for the big boats/catamarans to operate at all,
the mass tours sold by the big toruoperators like apple/amstar, tui etc etc, would have to disappear as victims of social distancing.
the same for the mass transfers with stuffed up busses filled to the top doing the transfers for those mass tours.
as always, i try to see the positive on things,
Mother Nature gets a longer break and the anyways way better serviced small groups tours, as the ones i run myself, too,
may become the new norm in case of excursions over all, in specific Saona Island and Catamaran cruise tours.
it will go more to smallest groups and full private groups/tours,
the time of booze cruises should be over for a while.
we will see soon what the requirements for all those activities look like.
in case of fishing, well, i guess my charters will not have to change anything, other than desinfecting the vessels prior and after each charter and hand sanitizers handy on board everywhere for everybody,
as i never took large groups to "fill boats".
the large fleet of pirate boats and old stuff boats in the bavaro and cabeza de toro and jellyfish area, running shared charters with 7 anglers plus 5 observers and private charters with up to 15 guests on simple 38-50ft offshore boats, will get a cut down. the max number of persons(guests and crews count together), will sure be ruled strictly.
so a good percentage of the under running costs operating soul sellers, should automatically disappear from the radar soon.
we will find out soon about that stuff.

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
I still do not buy into the fear factor. Sorry, but this is me.
I complied with the rules governing the State of Emergency, because they were the rules put in place, and I have always been a law abiding citizen of each and every country I hold citizenship in, or have had the opportunity to visit.....whether I believe in them or not.
The RD has not had the same results as in other hard hit nations or hotspots.
The same Doomsday Davies and Crazy Charlottes running scared from The Kung Flu, are the same ones who do not sleep at night due to zombies, earthquakes, asteroids, and that thing in the closet.
They can live in their plastic bubble wrap. It is their right. I live free. It is my right.
Mostly because of the zombies. The right to swing one's fist ends where another's nose begins.

Reactions: MikeFisher

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I should capitalize on the pandemic hysteria while its here, sell some face masks with the New York Yankees logo on the front

• Haha
Reactions: Garyexpat

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Mostly because of the zombies. The right to swing one's fist ends where another's nose begins.

You may spare the community at large of your subtle intimation , and feel free to private message (or in the new parlance start a conversation with) me to discuss your insinuation at aggressive, confrontational behavior. I await. :coffee::coffee:

In the mean time, I see a guitar strumming man in your avatar. Perhaps you would like to contribute to the RD music thread as many others have. Music is known to assist and aid in the treatment of bellicose comportment.

• Angry
Reactions: MikeFisher

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
Mate, the adage of swinging one's fist ends where another's nose begins has nothing to do with aggression. It has to do with the basic corresponding responsibility that comes with having a right. In this case the right to move about freely has a corresponding responsibility to not put others in danger by inadvertently spreading a virus. As for the zombie comment, I was being flippant as I imagine you were regarding same.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Mate, the adage of swinging one's fist ends where another's nose begins has nothing to do with aggression. It has to do with the basic corresponding responsibility that comes with having a right. In this case the right to move about freely has a corresponding responsibility to not put others in danger by inadvertently spreading a virus. As for the zombie comment, I was being flippant as I imagine you were regarding same.

Ah, the basic corresponding responsibility that comes with having a right. Yes, I agree in part.
In this case the right to move about freely. We are currently free to move about here within the RD between the hours of 5am-7pm Mon-Sat, and 5am-5pm on Sundays.
Mask on, and social distancing adhered to.
I exercise my right, with all corresponding responsibility attached as well I might add.

Reactions: bob saunders

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
you mean the boats?
due the slow running 2019 year, after that us press shit storm against DR,
we had all the time one boat out of the water on the dry dock all the time.
for a slow, months lasting each time, all around maintenance.
paintings, interiors refreshing, engines renewing and/or changing etc.
as we had not the volume of customers to occupy all boats at the same time like the years before.
dry dock cost near nothing compared to docking at a caribbean island marina, so part of the maintenance/remodeling paid itself by just having that boat out of the water/off the docks and not chartering.
now, after Covid, i am pretty sure we may have 2 boats on the dry dock at a time.
i am a positive person, so i see the advantage, as this way the boats will not wear out, they will always stay on top conditions,
as each will be more often and far longer out of the water and worked on than it was the case during the years with high charter volumes.
also in case of the Saona Island Excurions I see the positive side, in this case for mother nature,
as i "guess" that not more than half of the prior operating boats will be back on duty for a long while, if so many at all.
as the new norm concentrates actually on social distancing, i don't see a way for the big boats/catamarans to operate at all,
the mass tours sold by the big toruoperators like apple/amstar, tui etc etc, would have to disappear as victims of social distancing.
the same for the mass transfers with stuffed up busses filled to the top doing the transfers for those mass tours.
as always, i try to see the positive on things,
Mother Nature gets a longer break and the anyways way better serviced small groups tours, as the ones i run myself, too,
may become the new norm in case of excursions over all, in specific Saona Island and Catamaran cruise tours.
it will go more to smallest groups and full private groups/tours,
the time of booze cruises should be over for a while.
we will see soon what the requirements for all those activities look like.
in case of fishing, well, i guess my charters will not have to change anything, other than desinfecting the vessels prior and after each charter and hand sanitizers handy on board everywhere for everybody,
as i never took large groups to "fill boats".
the large fleet of pirate boats and old stuff boats in the bavaro and cabeza de toro and jellyfish area, running shared charters with 7 anglers plus 5 observers and private charters with up to 15 guests on simple 38-50ft offshore boats, will get a cut down. the max number of persons(guests and crews count together), will sure be ruled strictly.
so a good percentage of the under running costs operating soul sellers, should automatically disappear from the radar soon.
we will find out soon about that stuff.

Yes, the boats.
Aside from business purposes, have you been able to cast off for personal enjoyment?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
no.
driving to the marina and go fishing would not have been much of participation with "quedate en casa" and business closed activities, lol.

I was thinking along the lines if you were able to sneak out early enough for a mental health day.....social distancing parameters in effect of course. Hell, persons were in their vehicles and on motos for recreational purposes. You could have casted off for a few hours to find dinner.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I was thinking along the lines if you were able to sneak out early enough for a mental health day.....social distancing parameters in effect of course. Hell, persons were in their vehicles and on motos for recreational purposes. You could have casted off for a few hours to find dinner.
lol.
what other people do against teh given common sense rules,been never much of interest to me.
for the own family's health it is recommended to stay at home, leave only if necessary for the essentials needed at home, use a mask and keep a distance to others,
so I do eactly tht, as it alos fit's my own common sence understanding of the whole sh.tto keep the ball low for a while.
if its for my family's best, i don't need any additional own mental health therapy,
my mind stays healthy as they stay healthy.
i would not se any dangr to be on a boatfishing, yep,
but as permits are revoked until further advise,
why risk to get a boat taken in by the Marina and the the get around hassle to get it bad in one piece one day?

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Quote from the International travel to DR thread, but my response belongs here

The question should be,
Does the Dominican government want to open the country to international travellers, during covid 19 pandemic?
As the US is restricting travel into the country from Canada the EU and Brazil,
Does the DR economic considerations aside, want US, EU or Brazilian travellers in country?
That the Republic can cope poorly with a major outbreak is clear.

In the last few weeks, tens of thousands of Haitian workers have returned from the Dominican Republic to their own country, many bringing the virus with them. That flow of returnees is expected to spark an outbreak that the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere will be unable to fight.

Virus testing and reporting, is dubious in the DR.
Interesting quote from your link, a major uncontrolled outbreak in Haiti could be a much larger threat than airborne infected international travellers. International travellers are subject to tests and screening protocols, but the Haiti (illegal) border crossings could be hard to control.

Dominican Health Minister Rafael Sánchez Cárdenas last week called Haiti “a major threat to the Dominican Republic from a health point of view” and promised tighter border controls.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Stay at home Mike. Hide from the boogie man and take your vitamins - you will lead a long a boring life
i don't have to stay at home.
I just use my brain to adjust my out of home behaviors accordingly to the present situation.
here is no beliefes in any boogieman, thats just stuff brought up by the ones as your's

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Quote from the International travel to DR thread, but my response belongs here

Interesting quote from your link, a major uncontrolled outbreak in Haiti could be a much larger threat than airborne infected international travellers. International travellers are subject to tests and screening protocols, but the Haiti (illegal) border crossings could be hard to control.

Dominican Health Minister Rafael Sánchez Cárdenas last week called Haiti “a major threat to the Dominican Republic from a health point of view” and promised tighter border controls.

For those eager to travel have a look at the video.
Whereas this is in São Paulo, it can also hit you in the DR.
Don't worry about the German commentary, much of it is in Spanish.
Suddenly imposed travel restrictions by a country, can leave one stranded.
The virus and outbreaks are far from over, and can not be easily controlled.
Related also to US/ Brazil travel ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.