Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Or the Instruments they Play ?

Is this a new DR1 Game .. can we all join in ?

I have a username that mentions an instrument? How so? I must have missed something.
By all means, let the games begin, but in the proper subforum. We have been distracted from the serious business of disease and death.

Now, what are the chances the DR will be wide open after the current State of Emergency expires around June 13?
Will the Chamber of Deputies finally stand tough and just say no to another extension?
How will the hotels open as planned and how will incoming tourists be treated in July?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Wannabes can be identified by username with DR, Tropical, Island, or following the theme of NameInExpatTown

Back in the day, you were called a slapper. A slapper was the guy on the mountain with the best gear. Can't ski for shite.
I suppose I must be a wannabe then, if you like. But at least I try to keep my posts on topic. I can't see what you are saying has to do with Coronavirus in the DR.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro
Sep 22, 2009
I suppose I must be a wannabe then, if you like. But at least I try to keep my posts on topic. I can't see what you are saying has to do with Coronavirus in the DR.
Ah yes you do fit the bill! What does this have to do with covid19 in DR? Let's reflect a moment. The flattening of the curve! There was no curve. The virus scam has been exposed for a while now, it's just that folks with 10s of thousands of posts refuse to let it go. Let go people, for God's sake! PLD doesn't want to blow the elections. Get your dentures polidented up and put on your best Crocks and get to the polls to vote for el Cambio! Wepa!

Sep 22, 2009
Also papi, instead of trolling my posts, which historically you have seemed to enjoy, then just put me on ignore. The technology is simple and effective! If you would like to learn more covid19 in DR you can pm me. No one can help you with your dull content, however!

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
In April, new cases never topped 100,000 in one day, but since May 21, there have only been less than 100,000 on five days, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. Newly reported cases reached a high of 130,400 on June 3.

The share of global deaths is also still rising in South America and the Caribbean.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The following article is significant in relation to CV19 in the DR and the re-opening of international borders for air travel.
It shows how the virus was first spread in BC Canada.
We will have to learn how to live with this virus in the next few years.
The development of a COVID 19 vaccine will not be a rapid development.

VICTORIA — For the first time since the COVID-19 pandemic began in B.C., provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry provided significant and surprising details Thursday on where the virus originated, how it spread and where it remains.

Her briefing on the sources for the outbreak was especially revealing. It was on genetic analysis of more than 700 samples of the virus assembled from actual cases in B.C.

Turns out that as the novel coronavirus replicates, it alters just enough to create identifiably different strains, each associated with the most recent place of origin.

B.C.’s initial cases, starting in January, can readily be traced back to China, where the outbreak began. A second group of cases starting in February is associated with the outbreak in Iran.

Indeed, as Dr. Henry noted Thursday, her team made that link regarding a COVID-19 case here in B.C. before the Iranian government admitted to the world it had an outbreak.

But the analysis indicated that many more of the cases in B.C. have been traced to strains of the virus arriving in B.C. from Europe, Eastern Canada, Washington state and other points in the United States.

Those strains of the virus came by plane, by land travel, and via British Columbians returning from other provinces or from overseas or the U.S., where they worked or were on vacation.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
If new strains of the virus are creating themselves, then perhaps that explains why some people that were infected with the virus and recuperated fell ill again to the same virus. Maybe it was a different strain. Maybe a person becomes immune to the strain of the virus that infects them, but not other strains.

The rapidity these new strains are created probably means it will be like the common cold. Most people get infected at least once a year with the cold, but it isn’t the same cold that in the past infected the person. Immunity against the cold is automatic for survivors (which is basically everybody) and they will never get sick from it again. Unfortunately, there are thousands of cold virus types and each time someone catches the cold, in reality they are infected with a particular cold virus that they have never been infected with.

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Immune forever to cold coronaviruses? Apparently not. Perhaps specific rhinovirus immunity is forever:

If new strains of the virus are creating themselves, then perhaps that explains why some people that were infected with the virus and recuperated fell ill again to the same virus. Maybe it was a different strain. Maybe a person becomes immune to the strain of the virus that infects them, but not other strains.

The rapidity these new strains are created probably means it will be like the common cold. Most people get infected at least once a year with the cold, but it isn’t the same cold that in the past infected the person. Immunity against the cold is automatic for survivors (which is basically everybody) and they will never get sick from it again. Unfortunately, there are thousands of cold virus types and each time someone catches the cold, in reality they are infected with a particular cold virus that they have never been infected with.
"From the immune system’s perspective, some pathogens are unforgettable. One brush with the viruses that cause chickenpox or polio, for instance, is usually enough to protect a person for life. Other microbes, however, leave less of an impression, and researchers still aren’t entirely sure why. This applies to the four coronaviruses known to cause a subset of common cold cases, says Rachel Graham, an epidemiologist and coronavirus expert at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Immunity against these viruses seems to wane in a matter of months or a couple of years, which is why people get colds so frequently."

Not enough data yet on CV-19 , herd immunity, lenght of immunity if at all , mutations into various strains, vaccines, etc.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
1591805865535.png

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Highest number of new cases recorded/posted today.....600+

The fallout from an early opening - Phase 1 - perhaps ?

Will it continue to go up !??
A bit spooky

Total Cases: 21473 Increase: 629 Record
Total Deaths: 561 Increase: 11
Total Recovered: 12541 Increase: 223
Total Active: 8335 Increase: 395
Total PCR Tests: 100250 Increase: 2465 Day positivity 25.5%

Reactions: NY-DR Commuter

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
The Dominican Republic registered 629 new coronavirus positives on Thursday, the highest absolute increase recorded in 24 hours

Oct 11, 2010
Highest number of new cases recorded/posted today.....600+

The fallout from an early opening - Phase 1 - perhaps ?

Will it continue to go up !??

A bit spooky

Total Cases: 21473 Increase: 629 Record

Total Deaths: 561 Increase: 11

Total Recovered: 12541 Increase: 223

Total Active: 8335 Increase: 395

Total PCR Tests: 100250 Increase: 2465 Day positivity 25.5%

HIGHEST ONE WEEK TOTAL YET.

3,300 just this week.

12 - 571, 11 - 629, 10 - 393, 9 - 289, 8 - 526, 7- 405, 6 - 487

HIGHEST seven day total so far . . .

HIGHEST three day total so far . . .