Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
For months I didn't know a single individual who was sick with this. I had no idea what was going on. By now, I know several people who have had this. One of them almost died and the majority went through it okay but I didn't get to discuss their symptoms, I know they mostly slept a lot. The person who almost died had his blood pressure plummet down to 80 over 50. He was in ICU for days but never got on a ventilator. My cousin is the other person I know who sent me a detailed email about her symptoms. She and I are a lot alike, same size and all, same age, same mentality. We're both going through menopause at the same time with the same symptoms, LOL. And she said the covid put an end to her hot flashes. That's where the fun ends.

She described really bizarre, buzzy feelings in her head making her think she was crazy, had muscle weakness and numbness so odd that her body didn't feel like it was hers. She was up and down, feeling like she was recovering one day and then some bizarre symptom would crop up somewhere else in her body, like weird shivers and feelings. She described it as being something she could feel inside her, attacking her, not like any flu or cold she has ever had. She would wake up with buzzing in her head, panic attacks, and it feeling like it was on fire inside and she had a helluva time getting calm and going back to sleep. At first, she thought it was a cold but while she was waiting for her covid test results a few days later, she lost her sense of taste and smell and knew it was something else. She was scared for 2 weeks and now she's over all that and wondering if she'll have long term effects from it. I'm trying like hell to avoid this.
Yet many people here insist that CV-19 is just a flu. What you are describing is certainly like no flu I have ever had. The thing is that the symptoms seem to vary wildly, with some people having nothing at all and others, like the people above having it much worse.

Reactions: zoomzx11

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Yet many people here insist that CV-19 is just a flu. What you are describing is certainly like no flu I have ever had. The thing is that the symptoms seem to vary wildly, with some people having nothing at all and others, like the people above having it much worse.
Nothing new. That has been the main reason since the beginning.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Scrap the Pfizer vaccine..... can't possibly be stored & used here..... kiss it good bye
There plenty more in the pipeline that will be more practical.

Pfizer is in recognition process and expects to start US distribution in mid December.
A Christmas present for the early recipients. Few imagined a 2020 distribution but it looks possible.
55 and up is one of the age numbers being bandied about for the early people.
Hopefully the DR will adopt one of the common sense order of distribution adopted in other countries.

Those waiting for the vaccine will have the benefit of seeing how the vaccine is working out in general public.
First recipients will be semi guinea pigs as to any sides and real world length of protection.
My view is that they will all be safe and I am happy to get my shot when its my turn.

Tired of being concerned that I will get seriously ill, be left with long term health deficits or pass on a serious illness.
Do not mind the mask one bit or the common sense precautions but it is wearing to have to be careful all the time.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Take a good look at the "people here who insist that CV19 is just a flu".
You might consider upping the level of the people here who you interact with.
Do not mean to be critical of your friends but in life you meet people who should be scrupulously avoided.
These are the kinds of people who avoid taking basic health care precautions and are most likely to infect you.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Before you need to give yourself a lobotomy..... read (or reread) the article

Dry ice don't fly
You can only open the cooler one minute - maybe 2-3x a day... just for one minute
One dry ice refill allowed... max life very short

Impossible to distribute outside major cities....

So sayeth the article.........
You ruin the fun of having him go on and on with fact less dreams in an alien reality.

• Haha
Reactions: jd426

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
dry ice can’t be shipped by plane hazardous material..

To get around this, Pfizer has developed a reusable, suitcase-sized shipping container where 975 doses of the vaccine are kept on dry ice. The vaccine is stable for 10 days from the point of departure in this case. If more dry ice can be secured, then the vaccine can be kept in the case for another 15 days.

“The clock starts well before you actually receive the product,” said Soumi Saha, an attorney, pharmacist and vice-president of advocacy at the healthcare logistics company Premier Inc.

Dry ice is considered a hazardous material, so it cannot be shipped by air or sea. It must be transported by ground, posing potentially serious challenges for rural areas where several days of vaccine viability could be lost in transit.

During this time, the case can only be opened twice a day for one minute per opening. Healthcare workers will need to take out an appropriate amount of vaccine only twice a day, meaning carefully calibrating between taking out too little and risk sending patients home, and taking out too much and risk wasting very limited doses.
Now that's some reality.

• Haha

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
GreatLife and I are saying the same thing

Might be tough getting that precious cargo to the rural communities

Not an open & shut case

Get it ??/... bit of slanted humor

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Nothing new. That has been the main reason since the beginning.
The effects of the disease having such a wild variety make this disease especially scary.
Researchers are working diligently to understand why some die and others have no symptoms.
A Gallup poll showed about 45% of US will not get the Covid vaccine which is about the # that do not get a yearly flu shot.
Big uh, oh if it turns out correct.

We could end up with a vaccine card for entrance into bars, restaurants, movies, any areas where social distancing is involved.
Watch the bar flies and anti vaxxer fools sign up for the vaccine asap.
Imagine the young ladies of Sosua asking to see your proof of vaccine card before providing services?

• Haha

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This is a UK study
It identifies that a very few can cause a very large spread.
Interacting w/ 3 or more people, indoors, no mask no distancing

I respect freedom of choice and movement.... but with cautious responsibility... not reckless behavior

This is just a few opening paragraphs

Just 8pc of people account for 60pc of Covid transmissions​

The findings come amid pressure on NHS Test and Trace, which continues to fail to notify at least 80 per cent of contacts

A tiny fraction of people could be behind the vast majority of the UK’s coronavirus cases, a study from the Government’s former nudge unit suggests, raising doubts about the effectiveness of Britain’s approach to contact tracing.
Eight per cent of individuals accounted for over 60 per cent of transmission risk in a study conducted by the Behavioural Insights Team (BIT), now independent of the Government but founded by the Cabinet Office in 2010 to apply behavioural science to public policy.
The findings suggest that identifying the superspreaders who infected a person in the first place – as opposed to getting in touch with their contacts – could be a more effective approach to stopping the spread of coronavirus.
BIT asked over 3,700 Britons at the end of October how many people they had met outside of their household – including their support bubble – in the last seven days.
Most, 75 per cent, said they had been keeping to themselves, meeting no-one or only one to two people outside their household while taking safety precautions like being outdoors and wearing masks.
Such cautious behaviour accounted for just one per cent of the risk of spreading coronavirus, according to BIT’s analysis.
Instead the vast majority of transmission risk came from only eight per cent of respondents – deemed “potential superspreaders” by BIT. These people said they had met three or more people, typically indoors with no masks and without keeping distance.
BIT also found potential superspreaders had no specific demographic characteristics; they were not disproportionately male, young, or from any particular ethnic group.
The findings come as NHS Test and Trace continues to fail to notify at least 80 per cent of contacts, a level recommended by Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (SAGE) advisers. See below the Test and Trace promotional video.

• Wow
Reactions: Michael DR

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ok
let me 'splain it you Lucy....

1/ case............ the styro suitcase
2/ open&shut......you really can't open the stupid suitcase.... once or twice for a little peek-a-boo (1minute )

And the Italics give it a good slant...

Dontcha' think !!????

Jan 9, 2004
dry ice can’t be shipped by plane hazardous material..

To get around this, Pfizer has developed a reusable, suitcase-sized shipping container where 975 doses of the vaccine are kept on dry ice. The vaccine is stable for 10 days from the point of departure in this case. If more dry ice can be secured, then the vaccine can be kept in the case for another 15 days.

“The clock starts well before you actually receive the product,” said Soumi Saha, an attorney, pharmacist and vice-president of advocacy at the healthcare logistics company Premier Inc.

Dry ice is considered a hazardous material, so it cannot be shipped by air or sea. It must be transported by ground, posing potentially serious challenges for rural areas where several days of vaccine viability could be lost in transit.

During this time, the case can only be opened twice a day for one minute per opening. Healthcare workers will need to take out an appropriate amount of vaccine only twice a day, meaning carefully calibrating between taking out too little and risk sending patients home, and taking out too much and risk wasting very limited doses.
Dry ice can be shipped by plane on Jetblue...........used it many times over the years.

So if the vaccine requires dry ice to meet temperature requirements...............it can be transported by air.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Dry ice can be shipped by plane on Jetblue...........used it many times over the years.

So if the vaccine requires dry ice to meet temperature requirements...............it can be transported by air.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
..Vaccine is the real game changer, and sure to come...the missing piece of information is the real numbers of positive tests..without that its hard to guess where this country stands.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
We can only hope that in addition to the Corona-SARS virus these new vaccines might have some small mitigating impact on Corona viruses in general. Probably not but one can hope.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Take a good look at the "people here who insist that CV19 is just a flu".
You might consider upping the level of the people here who you interact with.
Do not mean to be critical of your friends but in life you meet people who should be scrupulously avoided.
These are the kinds of people who avoid taking basic health care precautions and are most likely to infect you.
Thank you for your advice on how to choose the people I associate with, but at my advanced age I probably have a pretty good idea. I'm not sure how I can dissociate myself from posters here on DR1 short of blocking them.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The upside of those not accepting COVID as anything other than a bad flu, is that we can save the extras vaccines for the other half of the population that wants it and accepts it.

Therefore allowing natural selection to run its course as it should be.

We’re living in the 5 yards to the TD of the 21st Century and I can’t for the life of me, grasp how many folks are still lost to something so easy to discern based on actual known proven facts:

COVID-19 was not lab release, much less man-made.

Patient zero is still ways away from being identified. So too the actual country of that first case. China is only the first confirmed mass infection identified by experts, not the source.
Given how, lately, other primary cases of infection have been identified prior to China’s spread.

There are two concurrent hypothesis on this:
One details that a strain that jumped from animals then carried over to China by a traveler, where the first mutations took place is plausible.

The new findings of a covid strain in Minks have pause to this theory:

The other details a jump from animal to human at an open market (wet market) in China, which then made its way to Europe (this is also plausible)

So experts agreed (after review of actual virus in labs) this was not man-made or even manipulated in a lab at any point. Which discarded the Wuhan lab speculation 100%.

There’s no proof this COVID-19 originated in China, nor there’s enough evidence to find a concrete alternative. Until then, we don’t know.

Wearing masks is not to protect you the individual, but to lessen the danger of infections to others you come across in your perimeter.

This is the first thing we have to understand from a legal, constitutional law stance. It’s legal to mandate all people wear masks to protect others against your concealed weapon as a carrier.

It’s also legal to establish limits and defined restrictions according to the dangers to public safety and health.

A bad flu 🤒 is not even close to Covid-19 and I’m a survivor to that.

I equate this chit-chat to how we still find bunches of idiots that claim the Earth being round is a hoax and confirm it to be flat...

You can’t fix stupid but COVID-19 sure can!

Vaccination? What’s there to fear! You have been pumped enough gene altering stuff before you got born and myriads since then. One more ain’t going to kill you. Might actually save you!

I just want to tell all ( more like warn ya) of you, that this is just a glimpse of what’s to come when we face either a viral doom infection or a chemical weapon released by who knows who.

If we can’t get it together with this year long virus and its effects, I can’t even phantom with a deadlier agent.

I think that civil rights and liberties during a life extinction event, should be suspended and authorities allow to act unimpeded for the sake of all.

At the first call, all governments should had acted promptly and shut down all travel, followed by strict month long shut downs at national level, enforced by national guards or military. That would had been the end of COVID-19 in a little as 1 month. Sadly China showed us the way, but we think ourselves freemen and leaders. Turns out we are enslaved fools and followers, as shown as to how now we try to mimic China’s method.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
To the above 🠕🠕🠕🠕 (too much nonsense to copy and then reply)....

"COVID-19 was not lab release, much less man-made." :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Was it dropped upon us from extraterrestrials???????????

• Sad
Reactions: Big and Michael DR

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Yes, it was dropped upon us by ( or from, whatever ) extraterrestrials, along with mangú, small pox, Micheal Jackson, the atom bomb and iPhones---- please note that they are cited from most lethal to least lethal.

• Haha
Reactions: Michael DR

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros

It was claimed that it was a virus manipulated and/or created at a Wuhan lab.

It was studied and found with no traces of manipulation or genetically engineered/compiled as claimed. Nor was it accidentally released from a Chinese lab.
All real experts point towards a zoo based virus that jumped to humans by an unknown contact.

This is a virus that could had come from several sources and first started circulating in a yet to be identified location.

Listening to the crap they put out as evidence of initial infection point and cause or calling it a Chinese virus, denotes ignorance of the facts.

Since you called it nonsense you are on the latest group, as per your indications.

Status
Not open for further replies.