Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I'm baffled at the thought that they can just close grocery stores. Isn't that an essential service?? Is feeding yourself not essential? How can they just replace grocery shopping with take out?
They are not closing grocery stores or colmados. Customers are just not permitted to consume drinks or food on premises. Read the Presidential Decree that has been posted here and has been widely discussed already.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Does this help ??

5. It is established that from January 1, 2021, bars, restaurants and grocery stores will not be able to receive customers who consume at their facilities until January 10.

Reactions: nanita

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Someone mentioned testing and vacinating in the US.
Here's what happened in my county.
Call for vacine appointment. Phone number out of service in minutes.
Get vacine, from 1:15 to 4:15 only.
Q and bar codes mixed up.
Wait for 3 or more hours to be turned away.
Swell.
Maybe next year, I mean a real year not tomorrow!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Does this help ??

5. It is established that from January 1, 2021, bars, restaurants and grocery stores will not be able to receive customers who consume at their facilities until January 10.
That is referring to the in-store dining areas, not the actual store.

Reactions: zoomzx11

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
All those measures, but after the noon curfew on weekends, all folks drunk together at the pool in private condominiums in touristic areas... No masks, no distancing, and I am mostly amazed to say, no visible covid.... (Is it visible, ok no, but you get my point...)

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
All those measures, but after the noon curfew on weekends, all folks drunk together at the pool in private condominiums in touristic areas... No masks, no distancing, and I am mostly amazed to say, no visible covid.... (Is it visible, ok no, but you get my point...)

That's because this is just hand waving by the politicians. All it does is to screw with peoples' lives while the politicians are never inconvenienced.

Reactions: rubio_higuey

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Dear Canadian citizen,

You are receiving this email because you are registered with the Government of Canada’s Registration of Canadians Abroad (ROCA) service in the Dominican Republic.

The Dominican Republic’s President decreed an extension of the national curfew; which will be in effect until January 10th, 2020.

The changes are the following:

• Throughout the national territory, on December 31st, 2020 the curfew will be from 7:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. in public places and private places of public use. The Free Transit has been REMOVED.

• From the 1st of January, until the 10th of January 2021, the curfew will be from 5:00p.m until 5:00a.m with Free Transit until 7:00p.m.

• The 2nd, 3rd, 9th and 10th of January 2021, the curfew will be from 12:00p.m (noon) until 5:00a.m the next day.

• Bars and restaurants will not be receiving any customers in venue until the 10th of January 2021.

These measures have for purpose to minimize the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Dominican Republic and could be revised at any time. Please follow the instructions of local authorities.

For more information, please visit:

https://presidencia.gob.do

https://www.msp.gob.do/web/

International and national passengers going and coming from airports will be allowed to transit during the curfew.

Drivers transporting passengers well identified will be allowed to transit during the curfew.

Employees and drivers from the maritime transportation well identified in transit to and from ports and airports can transit during the curfew.

The Government ratified the mandatory use of a mask in public places and in private places for public use as an essential measure to control the spread of COVID-19, whose non-compliance will be sanctioned with the provisions established by Law no. 42-01. General of Health.

As part of the Government of Canada’s efforts to reduce the spread and prevent importation of COVID-19, all travellers entering Canada—by air, land or sea—must provide mandatory information and undergo health screening by a Border Services Officer or Quarantine Officer to assess symptoms and to verify compliance with the Emergency Orders implemented under the Quarantine Act. All individuals entering Canada must provide the Government with accurate contact information and isolate for 14 days.

It is important to note that all travellers to Canada, including essential workers, are required to provide specific information upon entry into Canada, including providing an appropriate quarantine plan, contact information, and updates on symptoms through self-assessment. This information is crucial to limiting the spread of COVID-19.

The ArriveCAN mobile application https://arrivecan.cbsa-asfc.cloud-nuage.canada.ca/ provides a digital way for travellers to quickly, easily and securely provide their information.

For more information on the app, please visit:

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-hea...infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html#ua

Reminder to all Canadians

Canada continues to advise against all non-essential travel outside Canada and all cruise ship travel outside Canada until further notice.

If you deem your travel essential and decide to leave Canada despite the advisories, note that the Government of Canada may have limited capacity to offer you consular services.

While COVID-19 can make anyone sick, older Canadians are one of the groups at a higher risk of developing a severe disease or other complications.

The COVID-19 situation changes constantly and governments that have reopened their borders to tourists could impose strict travel restrictions suddenly if they experience an increase in cases of COVID-19.

Other possible limitations

Local public health measures may be less strict than they are in Canada, potentially putting you at greater risk of infection.

You may have a hard time obtaining essential products and services, including medication, while abroad.

You may suddenly face strict restrictions at your destination, such as curfews, lockdowns and quarantines.

Your travel insurance may not cover medical expenses or cover you for an unexpected extended stay.

Flight options could be reduced, making it difficult for you to return to Canada. No further repatriation flights are planned.
ü
You must wear a mask or face covering at all times while travelling.

You must quarantine for 14 days upon your return to Canada.

If you must travel despite the Government of Canada’s advisories, be sure to read COVID-19: Your safety and security outside Canada:

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/covid-19-security

Ultimately, it is up to you to make safe and responsible travel decisions.

Fore more information, please see the Government of Canada’s advice for Older travellers:

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/older-travellers

If you need to remain outside Canada for an indeterminate period, review our important advice on what you should do while abroad:

https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/covid-19-security

Please share this important information with other Canadian citizens in your area.

The Embassy of Canada is committed to continue working with Canadians in the Dominican Republic to provide emergency consular services.

Global Affairs Canada

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Does this help ??

Consume is the word here. Grocery stores are all open, you just cannot eat at their dining area. If they have one.....................I just left one..............

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Consume is the word here. Grocery stores are all open, you just cannot eat at their dining area. If they have one.....................I just left one..............
I agree. Also, in the graphic, it says that COLMADONES are closed. I may be wrong, but I thought a colmadon is a colmado where you can eat and drink on the premises, whereas COLMADOS just sell the stuff.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I agree. Also, in the graphic, it says that COLMADONES are closed. I may be wrong, but I thought a colmadon is a colmado where you can eat and drink on the premises, whereas COLMADOS just sell the stuff.
No way Calmados are closed, You just cannot sit there at a table and eat or drink. You can buy and leave like in the supermarkets.

Reactions: bob saunders

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In Jarabacoa at the Parque Duarte the police are allowing people to walk through but not to sit down or loiter. They are still allowing the vendors to sit on the outside wall and sell on the sidewalks.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Healthcare workers are now refusing to take the covid 19 jabs.

What do you think will be the attitude of Dominicans come the jabs to DR?

Like I said before, the rushing of a vaccine based on a new technology yet to be proven as the older types of methods used in Sputnik and Oxford, leaves a gap of confidence even healthcare professionals can’t fully trust.

The claim the mRNA developed vaccines will not mutate the DNA of cells have yet to be fully accounted for in long term studies based on the vaccine developments as they are.

The warp speed implied in developing these mRNA vaccines is not lost to healthcare workers one bit. The efficacy of using it against Covid 19 is not lost to them, but the side effects have proven they are also not as directional and ironclad as it was pushed by officials and developers alike.

They don’t want to be guinea pigs to test this new method of developing vaccines, at the cost of their future generations suffering a side effect mutation on their cells.

These are people well acquainted with how new medical treatments really get tested on the public. There are triggers that have been activated and yet to be known or recorded on vaccinated individuals. They know that 100%, as they see this day in and day out.

It takes the regulatory body for medical treatments and drugs years to detect negative and deadly potential hazards due to the long term the effects developed or are discovered at.

Traditional, long term established vaccines based on methods like vectors shown on Sputnik and Oxford jabs are not only proven by decades or research and studies, but have shown to be safer as well. They are cheaper to develop and easier to handle and distribute.

That healthcare professionals are taking a stance on it, should be cause of alarm fir the general population. Soon we’ll see a huge amount of media articles supporting the safety of mRNA jabs.

Dominicans are wary 😒 of anything and these mRNA jabs will be a hard sale here.

Pay heed... These are no fools taking a stance...

Attachments

• 4270A491-6AA1-497C-B060-C8C0FA417125.jpeg
    4270A491-6AA1-497C-B060-C8C0FA417125.jpeg
    429.9 KB · Views: 106

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
These MRNA vaccines have a potential to literally change your DNA, but they keep saying they're safe. But how would they know? The long terms effects haven't even been studied yet and neither the potential mutations on future offspring. This could change the DNA of the human race forever but we're supposed to just trust it?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Healthcare workers are now refusing to take the covid 19 jabs.

What do you think will be the attitude of Dominicans come the jabs to DR?

Like I said before, the rushing of a vaccine based on a new technology yet to be proven as the older types of methods used in Sputnik and Oxford, leaves a gap of confidence even healthcare professionals can’t fully trust.

The claim the mRNA developed vaccines will not mutate the DNA of cells have yet to be fully accounted for in long term studies based on the vaccine developments as they are.

The warp speed implied in developing these mRNA vaccines is not lost to healthcare workers one bit. The efficacy of using it against Covid 19 is not lost to them, but the side effects have proven they are also not as directional and ironclad as it was pushed by officials and developers alike.

They don’t want to be guinea pigs to test this new method of developing vaccines, at the cost of their future generations suffering a side effect mutation on their cells.

These are people well acquainted with how new medical treatments really get tested on the public. There are triggers that have been activated and yet to be known or recorded on vaccinated individuals. They know that 100%, as they see this day in and day out.

It takes the regulatory body for medical treatments and drugs years to detect negative and deadly potential hazards due to the long term the effects developed or are discovered at.

Traditional, long term established vaccines based on methods like vectors shown on Sputnik and Oxford jabs are not only proven by decades or research and studies, but have shown to be safer as well. They are cheaper to develop and easier to handle and distribute.

That healthcare professionals are taking a stance on it, should be cause of alarm fir the general population. Soon we’ll see a huge amount of media articles supporting the safety of mRNA jabs.

Dominicans are wary 😒 of anything and these mRNA jabs will be a hard sale here.

Pay heed... These are no fools taking a stance...
What "healthcare workers" might that be?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I'm baffled at the thought that they can just close grocery stores. Isn't that an essential service?? Is feeding yourself not essential? How can they just replace grocery shopping with take out?

This was partially commented by others already, but just to clarify: Grocery stores are open as usual (although they might be full of people and you cannot actually enter as they may limit the number of customers, so be prepared and strategic... Just like in Spring...) during the non-curfew hours... After curfew is in place (not sure if this is for weekdays only), only delivery is possible.

Last Spring, we mostly had our groceries delivered without a single issue, and they arrived sometimes after the curfew hours had started. I asked the delivery guy about this and he said that they are an exception. Same with pharmacy...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
What healthcare workers might that be?

Do you have some evidence the mRNA vaccines are less safe?

The side effects of the trialed vaccines are well know other than individuals who are highly allergic or sensitive to materials used in the vaccines and were not included among trial participants.
No pregnant women were included either.
Prior to receiving the vaccines there is a description included with the Pfizer and Moderna variety that specifically describes ingredients that could provoke an allergic response in highly sensitive individuals.
People are required to read the ingredients and sign off before the vaccine is administered.

"Warp Speed" is a political term used by the ex president of the US and breakthroughs in mRNA technology made the vaccine development faster but my understanding is there were no corners cut that would reduce the safety of the vaccine.

Pfizer trials included 43,448 people.
Moderna enrolled 30,000 in their trials.
AZ had some issues when as much as half of the trials participants were mistakenly given half doses of vaccine.

Pfizer and Moderna are fine by me.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
While not a perfect world, it would behoove some expatriates to learn, adapt, and adjust to the surroundings they choose to live in.
Starting with the basics of the native language. With 9 months of the China Virus behind us, and many expatriates CHOOSING to remain here in RD, there is no reason not to make basic attempts at trying to learn the language (Spanish) that is predominate here within.
I could not fathom residing in another nation, and not knowing what is occurring in front of me.
More so, when having to rely on "services" for food and essential medicines, and not being able to communicate with others.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
What healthcare workers might that be?

Do you have some evidence the mRNA vaccines are less safe?

The side effects of the trialed vaccines are well know other than individuals who are highly allergic or sensitive to materials used in the vaccines and were not included among trial participants.
No pregnant women were included either.
Prior to receiving the vaccines there is a description included with the Pfizer and Moderna variety that specifically describes ingredients that could provoke an allergic response in highly sensitive individuals.
People are required to read the ingredients and sign off before the vaccine is administered.

"Warp Speed" is a political term used by the ex president of the US and breakthroughs in mRNA technology made the vaccine development faster but my understanding is there were no corners cut that would reduce the safety of the vaccine.

Pfizer trials included 43,448 people.
Moderna enrolled 30,000 in their trials.
AZ had some issues when as much as half of the trials participants were mistakenly given half doses of vaccine.

Pfizer and Moderna are fine by me.
I've never seen a poster more invested in a Covid-19 vaccine. Good luck with your unshakeable confidence that the vaccines are going to get us all back to normal shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.