Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I've never seen a poster more invested in a Covid-19 vaccine. Good luck with your unshakeable confidence that the vaccines are going to get us all back to normal shortly.
Well, when its a "Miracle" vaccine or an underground Bunker til the end of days .. I guess , speaking for himself , the Vaccine looks very attractive .

I'm curious though ..if the Vaccine ends up Killing or severely injuring more than 1% of the population with its nasty Side effects will people still think its worth the risk ESPECIALLY since it give you NO IMMUNITY ... Only your bodies own Antibodies do that and we don't even know how long it lasts .
IF you are front line though, you dont have a choice . If you are Old and Fragile , do what you think is best for you ....

but the MATH on this has Still not played out yet ..

and The very people scrambling to get Vaccinated seem to be the same ones who claimed the DEATH RATE was around 5 %, someone even stated they know for a Fact it was like 10% LOL
.. which has been proven 100% FALSE
Peoples comments here on DR1 prove how easily they are duped , and will most likely be duped again .

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
As if we did not see that coming that it would take a while to produce billions of doses two times over, as well as the surge during winter in most spots in North America to keep restrictions in place. By the end of 2021 most people that want a vaccine might be able to get it.

I don't expect anyone who knows the answer to the vaccine's true status for the DR is on DR1.
Hopefully you're right about the availability, Windy. The Oxford vaccine is popular because it's reportedly relatively easy to make, stores at "normal" temperatures (a regular refrigerator will do), only one shot is required (although two are recommended), and it's much cheaper than the other two western vaccines.

As such, it's more ideal for countries that have more issues with expensive vaccines requiring ultra-cold storage.

There is talk about getting a first dose of the other vaccines to everyone, with follow up shots happening at a later time. Not ideal, but 60-ish percent efficacy is better than nothing, and could help reduce the effects of those subsequently infected. It could also help get the economies going again, which seems like a more reasonable overall CBA.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Hopefully you're right about the availability, Windy. The Oxford vaccine is popular because it's reportedly relatively easy to make, stores at "normal" temperatures (a regular refrigerator will do), only one shot is required (although two are recommended), and it's much cheaper than the other two western vaccines.

As such, it's more ideal for countries that have more issues with expensive vaccines requiring ultra-cold storage.

There is talk about getting a first dose of the other vaccines to everyone, with follow up shots happening at a later time. Not ideal, but 60-ish percent efficacy is better than nothing, and could help reduce the effects of those subsequently infected. It could also help get the economies going again, which seems like a more reasonable overall CBA.
They are doing a trial of combining the Oxford vaccine with the Sputnik one, hoping that it will increase viability of both.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
They are doing a trial of combining the Oxford vaccine with the Sputnik one, hoping that it will increase viability of both.

Adenovirus Vector recombinant drugs have better efficacy than simpler ones based on their multiple reactions from the immune system.

It means that it can not only attack and defend versus the virus itself, but also become more effective versus mutations of the same virus.

If tests provide conclusive proof of their effectiveness, then both vaccines will benefit as they can be produced using the same procedures with their increased effectiveness being the major plus.

Unlike phase trials, this can be determined in a lab setting, as both candidates already had been shown effective and safe in separate trials of their own.

Reactions: bob saunders

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I've never seen a poster more invested in a Covid-19 vaccine. Good luck with your unshakeable confidence that the vaccines are going to get us all back to normal shortly.
I have no idea what you mean by invested.
I never expressed unshakeable confidence that vaccines are going to get us all back to normal shortly.
You are injecting your ideas into my posts.

Speaking of ideas, if you have a better one lets hear it.
People cannot wear the masks, maintain social distancing etc. so the vaccines are all we have unless you are still going on with
Hydroxychloroquin, Ivermectin, and the other assorted "cures".

70 plus thousand people took the vaccine in trials and were carefully monitored then the results reviewed by experienced epidemiologists.
You got something better?
Obviously we cannot go on like this.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
I have no idea what you mean by invested.
I never expressed unshakeable confidence that vaccines are going to get us all back to normal shortly.
You are injecting your ideas into my posts.

Speaking of ideas, if you have a better one lets hear it.
People cannot wear the masks, maintain social distancing etc. so the vaccines are all we have unless you are still going on with
Hydroxychloroquin, Ivermectin, and the other assorted "cures".

70 plus thousand people took the vaccine in trials and were carefully monitored then the results reviewed by experienced epidemiologists.
You got something better?
Obviously we cannot go on like this.
Something better? Oh man, I think this whole thing's a hoax.
To be specific, I DO think there is some kind of flu or virus that circulated at the beginning of the year, I think the governments of the world have exaggerated and overblown it, I think the tests don't work, I am not sure they've even isolated the virus, I think they've mislabeled many deaths as Covid, I think people are nuts for taking their Franken-vaccine. I think the lockdowns are about control, I don't think governments or big pharma care about my health, and I think the Great Reset, is, indeed, a thing.
Just to clarify where I stand.
I also think it's hilarious that the wheels are falling off the vaccine narrative. Since I'm locked down, again, I'm just sitting here with the popcorn waiting for Act 3.

• Wow
Reactions: drstock and jd426

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
Uplifting research news on covid 19 reinfections:

Attachments

• F0F4F68D-86D6-4D6A-A0BD-8434DDD831E3.jpeg
    F0F4F68D-86D6-4D6A-A0BD-8434DDD831E3.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 116

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can count on your two hands the stories like this and have fingers left over....................If you can get it twice there would be hundreds of thousands of cases.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
You can count on your two hands the stories like this and have fingers left over....................If you can get it twice there would be hundreds of thousands of cases.
Oh, I agree, I think the tests don't work, and I highly doubt this guy had Covid twice. Especially since we live in an area with virtually no cases. Just repeating what his doctor said.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003

Well... I hope so, because I have a much milder set of symptoms just like when I got the infection back in the middle of 2020.

I did some research and it turns out that it has been reported it’s always a much milder condition with no serious cases yet...

And here I was looking towards another half century on this Earth...

Let’s see what 2021 brings 😊

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Well... I hope so, because I have a much milder set of symptoms just like when I got the infection back in the middle of 2020.

I did some research and it turns out that it has been reported it’s always a much milder condition with no serious cases yet...

And here I was looking towards another half century on this Earth...

Let’s see what 2021 brings 😊
just to clarify... are you saying you have Covid again? For the second time?

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
just to clarify... are you saying you have Covid again? For the second time?

I have much milder symptoms of about a few I had back when I was tested and positive, hospitalized and recovered.

Constant light headache, tiredness, sneezes, blocked nose, some cold chills (addressed with Tylenol extra strength) very light dry cough in some instances when starting to speak.

All very mild, way more milder than before.

I’m going to give it a few days and see how it goes. Then check my oxygen levels (this is how I got fked and hospitalized in the first place).

But so far no persistent feel of a need to cough all the time with that raspy feel in the back of my throat like back then.

It’s more of an involuntary cough at times, very short.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I have much milder symptoms of about a few I had back when I was tested and positive, hospitalized and recovered.

Constant light headache, tiredness, sneezes, blocked nose, some cold chills (addressed with Tylenol extra strength) very light dry cough in some instances when starting to speak.

I’m going to give it a few days and see how it goes. Then check my oxygen levels (this is how I got fked and hospitalized in the first place).

But so far no persistent feel of a need to cough all the time with that raspy feel in the back of my throat like back then.

This description is SPOT on and parallel to what I went through recently .

I also strongly believe I had it a 2nd Time .. much much milder ,, but the tell tale cough for no reason, I DID have , just not dry this time more of a Sinus Congestion cough.
. the TIREDNESS is like something you cant describe, like you have been drugged. There is almost like a humming in the head like you might pass out .
Also a mental Fogginess . shortness of breath ,it takes a couple days , then just goes away ..
I have not touched Alcohol in many weeks .
Absolutely no body aches this 2nd time around .
I firmly believe this or its variation will be the new Seasonal FLU.. but just very highly contagious.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Bear in mind there is a recent nasty dominican gripe ( flu, cold ? ) doing the rounds during this navidad.

I am hardly ever ill ( touch wood...), but felt a bit under the weather around Xmas....... and now stuck with a painful ear infection, something that has literally never happened to me.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Bear in mind there is a recent nasty dominican gripe ( flu, cold ? ) doing the rounds during this navidad.

I am hardly ever ill ( touch wood...), but felt a bit under the weather around Xmas....... and now stuck with a painful ear infection, something that has literally never happened to me.
Go to the Farmacia and get a small bottle of Otofull. Twice a day drops and you will be fine.

Reactions: malko

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Go to the Farmacia and get a small bottle of Otofull. Twice a day drops and you will be fine.

2 days ago went to farmacia and got Oto Furan drops...... Still in a world of pain that now spread into my upper jaw :(

MIL told me to pick leaves of oregano ( not the pizza kind, a large flat leaf ), wash it, pass it over a flame, press it and a dark liquid comes out. Pop that in the ear.
I was a bit sceptic, tbh, but did it last night and it helped soothe the pain--- a bit. :)

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
May I suggest a trip to the dentist if these other remedies don't work. Sooner than later. It could easily be a dental issue that you were unaware of. Been there, got the relief ;)

Reactions: malko
Status
Not open for further replies.