Coronavirus - In the DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
What about legal residents? Pay or not?

All people with a cédula will be vaccinated as well as all their kids. Free.
Legal residents are treated the same as any Dominican nationals.

All other foreigners will be able to pay for their shots at local clinics and vaccination locations under such program. When it’s available.

Regardless of what the DR does, the airline industry will require a negative test result or/and a vaccination record for passengers to travel to any destination. This is being discussed now at an international level.

They are just awaiting that vaccination campaigns kick off in as many countries as possible, before its implementation.

Attachments

• 7AEAFFFF-1729-497E-B5E4-1DFB871DE02B.jpeg
    7AEAFFFF-1729-497E-B5E4-1DFB871DE02B.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: drstock

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Even I was not predicting this would last until 2023. I was going with some time in 2022.
Imagine two more years of curfews until governments are satisfied, eh?

I see you noticed the Sputnik news for the DR.
Just curious Winde, under what circumstances would you want the Sputnik 5 vaccine?
Produced in Turkey, authorized by Russia.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
All people with a cédula will be vaccinated as well as all their kids. Free.
Legal residents are treated the same as any Dominican nationals.

All other foreigners will be able to pay for their shots at local clinics and vaccination locations under such program. When it’s available.

Regardless of what the DR does, the airline industry will require a negative test result or/and a vaccination record for passengers to travel to any destination. This is being discussed now at an international level.

They are just awaiting that vaccination campaigns kick off in as many countries as possible, before its implementation.

The attachment you linked has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this current absurd wide ranging assertion of yours.
It has to deal with the multa/fine/penalty schedule for those in violation of the curfew.
Good job though at fanning the flames of fear amongst the non-Spanish speakers within this forum community.
Perfect example of what exists within social media avenues, fake news, and clickbait material.

Reactions: Garyexpat and wayne

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
PICHARDO, I just saw a bullet point on a news show that Russia is starting trials of a "Covid Lite" vaccine. I wonder why they don't just stick with Sputnik V?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Just curious Winde, under what circumstances would you want the Sputnik 5 vaccine?
Produced in Turkey, authorized by Russia.

Just curious zoomzx11, which anti-Covid mask do you prefer to wear, and would recommend to fellow members of this web forum community for their safety during these troubling times?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The attachment you linked has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this current absurd wide ranging assertion of yours.
It has to deal with the multa/fine/penalty schedule for those in violation of the curfew.
Good job though at fanning the flames of fear amongst the non-Spanish speakers within this forum community.
Perfect example of what exists within social media avenues, fake news, and clickbait material.
I did post a link that stated those who are legally in the DR will get vaccinated while the President asked the WHO to take care if illegal aliens (like Haitians).
Illegal alien expats can pay for it themselves when that is possible if they want to.

As for deporting those who don't vaccinate, that is something i have not seen.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I did post a link that stated those who are legally in the DR will get vaccinated while the President asked the WHO to take care if illegal aliens (like Haitians).
Illegal alien expats can pay for it themselves when that is possible if they want to.

As for deporting those who don't vaccinate, that is something i have not seen.

Observed and acknowledged.
As I provided earlier this day......

"There are foreign nationals here within RD who have Dominican health insurance which was purchased by only utilizing their foreign passports as identification. They are not citizens. They are not residents. They will be able to be vaccinated through their health care provider if they so choose."

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Observed and acknowledged.
As I provided earlier this day......

"There are foreign nationals here within RD who have Dominican health insurance which was purchased by only utilizing their foreign passports as identification. They are not citizens. They are not residents. They will be able to be vaccinated through their health care provider if they so choose."
Are all DR health care providers in accordance with this free vaccination as part of being a member of their plans (since in theory they already paid)?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Are all DR health care providers in accordance with this free vaccination as part of being a member of their plans (since in theory they already paid)?

No idea.
I would hate to assert false information based on rumour and innuendo.

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The analysis of the Sputnik V vaccine efficacy at the final control point was carried out on the basis of 78 confirmed cases identified in the placebo group (62 cases) and in the vaccine group (16 cases). The ratio of the placebo group to the vaccinated group is 1 to 3.

calculation_ENG.jpg

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
The truth hidden for so long and maligned by the western media about the Sputnik V
Perhaps one of the safes vaccines developed in a short time, based on a multiple decades proven technology, and with two human based adenovirus samples.

This means it’s more adequate to address the recent mutations we have seen lately. Both Pfizer and Moderna use single stranded DNA via an new method yet to be 100% proven safe or its long term effectiveness.

The other adenovirus based vaccines, Astra-Zeneca/Oxford and Johnson & Johnson which both use only a single adenovirus. A monkey based one for Zeneca. With Ad26 for J&J.

Over a million vaccinated with this Sputnik V without the critical adverse reactions shown in both Pzifer and Moderna.

And as shown, the trial 3 phase was interrupted by the volunteers opting to get the real shots again for their own safety. Medical staff could do nothing, due to ethics.

They have to stop ✋ playing politics with important issues like these already.

Attachments

• 0ADA0AC7-C258-4F47-B5CC-53C63FB8CC22.jpeg
    0ADA0AC7-C258-4F47-B5CC-53C63FB8CC22.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 98
Status
Not open for further replies.