Cost of electricity

erod

Apr 9, 2017
Hi All,

Just wondering what is the cost of electricity per kilowatts in the DR?
In the US, they charge u 0.10 cents usage and 0.15 delivery for total of 0.25 cents per kw per hour. Yes, the delivery is more than actually electricity you use. Brunch of thieves .

How much is total cost of kilowatts including delivery etc in the DR?

I'm trying to install a 240 volt outlet to charge my plug in hybrid I'm planning to buy which takes 2 hr to charge battery
Thanks

NanSanPedro

Apr 12, 2019
Hi All,

Just wondering what is the cost of electricity per kilowatts in the DR?
In the US, they charge u 0.10 cents usage and 0.15 delivery for total of 0.25 cents per kw per hour. Yes, the delivery is more than actually electricity you use. Brunch of thieves .

How much is total cost of kilowatts including delivery etc in the DR?
Thanks
Don't know but why would you call them thieves? Also, where did you get your "0.10 cents usage and 0.15 delivery" for all of the USA. I would suspect it's different in different places.

erod

Apr 9, 2017
Don't know but why would you call them thieves? Also, where did you get your "0.10 cents usage and 0.15 delivery" for all of the USA. I would suspect it's different in different places.
In New York, I seen these prices. It depends by state but in NY if you use $200 of electricity, your total bill is like $425. The extra $225 is for delivery

lifeisgreat

LIVING THE LIFE!
May 7, 2016
In New York, I seen these prices. It depends by state but in NY if you use $200 of electricity, your total bill is like $425. The extra $225 is for delivery
Welcome to North America in Toronto they also charge a debt reduction charge...we pay extra for there gross miss management of utilities...Imagine going to restaurant and they charge you extra for not being able to manage there business...

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Welcome to North America in Toronto they also charge a debt reduction charge...we pay extra for there gross miss management of utilities...Imagine going to restaurant and they charge you extra for not being able to manage there business...
Here its the ley servicio for no service

• Haha
Reactions: etolw

etolw

Oct 6, 2018
Congratulations. You have already mastered how to derail a thread on DR1 and the experts are already all over, eager to help you ;)

I am no expert, but I guess you want to install a Level 2 charger at home. If your needs/house will be satisfied by a maximum 10kW connection to the grid, you are looking at the BTS1 tariff if your provider is one of the government providers.
I appears that the private providers charge more, because BTS1 is subsidied if you use less than 701kWh/month.
But you are likely to exceed that and must pay the real cost, which is on level with NYC

Short answer, do not expect the costs much less than NYC, which must have more thieves than I thought, lot of electricity companies to choose from over there. So much for capitalism. See, I can derail too:giggle:

Long explanation, discussion of thieves in the DR electricity sector can be found here in this thread, including a spreadsheet that can calculate your monthly cost. Or just google BTS1

Disclaimer. I know little about this subject, get a real expert to explain