Cost of family food basket reaches RD$38,419

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I'm sure that imagining that everyone who asks you for money needs it to buy drugs and not medicines or food for their kids helps you sleep a lot easier
I am sure I know the people in my barrio much better than you do. I also trust my MIL 's judgement. She knows all the people.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
When they ask for money... no matter what reason is given....drugs are on their minds..........

Wow, I don't know what kind of people you hang around with. I know quite a few people with children and families, and they ask for help maybe to pay for food, pay the rent, pay for things the kids need for school. I'm pretty certain none of them need money for drugs as I'm pretty certain they don't use drugs.

I guess if you hang around with drug addicts or prostitutes, that's what you'd expect, but I assure you that the majority of Dominicans are not drug addicts. I sometimes wonder if I live in a different Dominican Republic to some of the people who post on here.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Wow, I don't know what kind of people you hang around with. I know quite a few people with children and families, and they ask for help maybe to pay for food, pay the rent, pay for things the kids need for school. I'm pretty certain none of them need money for drugs as I'm pretty certain they don't use drugs.

I guess if you hang around with drug addicts or prostitutes, that's what you'd expect, but I assure you that the majority of Dominicans are not drug addicts. I sometimes wonder if I live in a different Dominican Republic to some of the people who post on here.
more than likely you have your rose coloured lenses on.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
more than likely you have your rose coloured lenses on.
Well today i gave some money to a guy I know who is Christian and doesn't drink and doesn't do drugs. He was involved in a moto accident and is in a wheelchair and cannot work. He has a wife and a baby. I have worked with him for a while and know that he is in a desperate situation and needs my help.

If you really believe that nobody is poor and anyone who asks for help is a drug addict then it's probably time for you to get out more.

Reactions: Africaida