I need to bring electricity 100 metres from the road to my property

What would this cost?

Labor cost
Wire
Purchase of meter
Other costs?

It will be above ground

Thanks

First of all, it depends on the gauge of the cable you need. Second, there are different types of cables (insulated, thermal/solar, etc) which will also impact your cost.

Lastly, you’ll also need the steel cable to secure it (included anchors) and provide the proper tension to support it as it will need to stay in place.

JD Jones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
Hi

I need to bring electricity 100 metres from the road to my property

What would this cost?

Labor cost
Wire
Purchase of meter
Other costs?

It will be above ground

Thanks

You won't get an accurate answer here.

You need to have an electrical engineer contractor to review your situation and prepare a formal quote based on your requirements and will meet Edenorte requirements or you won't get a connection.

You'll also need a pole or two (I don't remember the distance between poles) and possibly a transformer.

It's more complicated than you may imagine.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

You need to have an electrical engineer contractor to review your situation and prepare a formal quote based on your requirements and will meet Edenorte requirements or you won't get a connection.

You'll also need a pole or two (I don't remember the distance between poles) and possibly a transformer.

Contact Sarita, they do it all the time. They are located down the side road near David Tire Shop.
Edenorte subcontracts Sarita to fix power outages in the Sosua/Cabarete area as well. When Edenorte finally upgraded us to 24/7 power with new poles, wiring, transformers and street lights, Sarita did the work.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
IIRC, Sarita did mine as well. Isn't he the guy who is an ex EDENORTE employee? He really ironed out the process. Smooth as silk.

Last edited:

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Looks to
Me like OP got some valuable advise on a complicated matter from the three responders. That information is worth a lot of $$$$$

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
we ran thick wires 100 meters. Strung it on the trees with some insulators.
Can check the guage.
WOrks great . Cheap too . NO engineers. No expensive hydro poles. They wanted lots of money..

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
we ran thick wires 100 meters. Strung it on the trees with some insulators.
Can check the guage.
WOrks great . Cheap too . NO engineers. No expensive hydro poles. They wanted lots of money..
It all depends upon where you are. In the campo, no problemo.

As for Sarita being former Edenore, I don't know the answer to that.

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

Or do it Dominican style: ask around and you will find a local guy who will climb up the nearest pole and wire it all up for you, no questions asked for a cash payment, May work for a while or until the electricity company notices.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
If it was me I would be installing it underground in a plastic conduit. Use a good heavy gauge wire and would be protected against the sun rain and wind and also the power thieves. That is what I did where I live. Im in an apartment and we were sharing with downstairs apt. Now we are on our own. A couple number 8 wires 75 feet to the panel and we are good.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Or do it Dominican style: ask around and you will find a local guy who will climb up the nearest pole and wire it all up for you, no questions asked for a cash payment, May work for a while or until the electricity company notices.

Local guys will make illegal hookups to transformers and the resulting electrical current will probably have all kinds of spikes and drops.... great for electronic/electrical devices.

The right way is to have EDENORTE make a connection to the primary circuit and run it to your own personal transformer.

Do it that way, and there will be many times you have electricity while the neighbors are going through brown outs and tripped transformers

JollyRoger gives me the impression he would prefer to do it the correct way.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
I am
Local guys will make illegal hookups to transformers and the resulting electrical current will probably have all kinds of spikes and drops.... great for electronic/electrical devices.

The right way is to have EDENORTE make a connection to the primary circuit and run it to your own personal transformer.

Do it that way, and there will be many times you have electricity while the neighbors are going through brown outs and tripped transformers

I am sure this is good advise

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete

Yes, I was only joking!

Reactions: JD Jones