Cottage Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Speaking for the north coast.... Sosua & Cabrera.... cottage cheese is a rare commodity.

Last Sunday, Playero had none..... my local orders it every week...... it comes when it wants

Breakstone is brand of choice it seems and their delivery is questionable, to say the least

I did get another brand at Nacional once..... but just once

I like it in the morning with my fruit.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Both Jumbo and Nacional sell Breakstone, but they do not always have it. Hit or miss. But I see it a lot in Punta Cana, Bavaro..............One is in the Fridge right now..........

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Somewhere there is a thread about this, at least I remember one.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
I always have trouble finding large curd cottage cheese.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, it's a Breakstone issue.......... it's not as if they can't sell it..... getting it is the problem

I buy 2-3 at a time

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
With it's rise in popularity, it's pretty hard to find in the capital too. I only have luck with a low calorie version that's Nacional's store brand.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
With it's rise in popularity, it's pretty hard to find in the capital too. I only have luck with a low calorie version that's Nacional's store brand.
Food Club low fat. Yuck. Not really that bad, but Breakstone is my Fav. But I buy all of those too if there's nothing else.

I've tried freezing, but don't like it as much when it thaws. My refrigerator is quite cold so I've never worried about them going bad.

I eat it alone or on salad instead of dressing.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Janet's has Breakstone cottage cheese fairly often. They had some there today. It doesn't stay long on the shelves.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Janet's has Breakstone cottage cheese fairly often. They had some there today. It doesn't stay long on the shelves.

That's what kills me. It's like there's no buyer watching the consumption.

Nacional, Jumbo, and Bravo all do the same thing. It's like they buy one box of 12 at a time and throw it on the shelf, and when it's gone, they order more. No attempts at all to keep it on the shelf.

BTW, I just checked my cottage cheese. It's "best by" date is June 14. Still perfectly good.

The same goes for Silk Chocolate Almond Milk. Jumbo refuses to carry it, Sirena in San Cris and Bravo as well. I have to buy it at Sirena Luperon.

So I do the same thing, any time they have it, I buy it all.

Reactions: Farmer and cavok

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Not just for cottage cheese, but how to others feel that asking a store to carry an item or more of an item is successful? I'm not a cottage cheese fan but am a anchovie fan. Ole had it as did Bravo. Now I haven't seen it in either store since June.

I was up in PP and found some at Jose Luis. I only bought 2 tins to take back with m. I should have bought more.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Not just for cottage cheese, but how to others feel that asking a store to carry an item or more of an item is successful? I'm not a cottage cheese fan but am a anchovie fan. Ole had it as did Bravo. Now I haven't seen it in either store since June.

I was up in PP and found some at Jose Luis. I only bought 2 tins to take back with m. I should have bought more.
I had the same problem with anchovies. They used to be in the deli section of Jumbo. I asked for months when they were going to get more and nobody had an answer.
I went into the "special" section on Sunday, and I ran across them there. No telling how long they've been there.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
Speaking for the north coast.... Sosua & Cabrera.... cottage cheese is a rare commodity.

Last Sunday, Playero had none..... my local orders it every week...... it comes when it wants

Breakstone is brand of choice it seems and their delivery is questionable, to say the least

I did get another brand at Nacional once..... but just once

I like it in the morning with my fruit.
Have you tried Juan Bueno en Magante? On the right.
Sells all kind of cheese and butter, fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.