Country asked to vote for new country brand

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
The creations of emerging Dominican graphic artists Alejandro Soto and Isabella Fernández are the finalists in the contest for the nation’s country brand. The young talents were backed by leading Dominican country brand authorities to create the logos.

The general public is now asked to vote for the country brand by Sending A for Alejandro Soto and B for Isabella Fernandez to Whatspp 809-440-9159 or SMS to 9669. The vote is free.

In the Sunday, 9 May 2021 late evening show where the two finalists were announced, the jurors slanted in favor of the country silhouette logo by Alejandro Soto for its uniqueness, highly identifiable with the country and graphically friendly conditions.

None of the six finalists had included the full name of the country in their original conceptions, but for the final country brand presentation, all of the logos featured the full name of Dominican Republic.

In the presentation of the logos for the vote, the organizers of the contest did not...

Continue reading...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I would rename the country something simpler, then the rebrand would be easier.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
When I first looked at the two finalists, I didn't catch that it is a silhouette of the country. But I like it better anyway, the other one is too "heavy" and had even less meaning for me

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It may be interesting to note these are the two finalists. Imagine what the others may have looked like.

• Haha
Reactions: Joseph NY2STI