Country asked to vote for new country brand

Alejandra

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2016
Logos-Marca-Pais-Diario-Libre.png

The creations of emerging Dominican graphic artists Alejandro Soto and Isabella Fernández are the finalists in the contest for the nation’s country brand. The young talents were backed by leading Dominican country brand authorities to develop the logos.

The general public is now asked to vote for the country brand by sending A for Alejandro Soto and B for Isabella Fernandez to Whatspp 809-440-9159 or SMS to 9669. The vote is free.

In the Sunday, 9 May 2021 late evening show where the two finalists were announced, the jurors slanted in favor of the country silhouette logo by Alejandro Soto for its uniqueness, that it is highly identifiable with the country and graphically-friendly in usable dimensions.

None of the six finalists had included the full name of the country in their original conceptions, but for the final country brand presentation, all of the logos featured the...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: ALLOR925

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I pick C. ( I would officially rename the country first, making a rebranding simpler.)

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
That's supposed to be a "RD" on the left. My vote goes to "B"

And anyone can vote, so vote!! Send a SMS message to 9669 with your choice.

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
B looks like an overhead view of a toilet. Took a while but I can see that A is a stylized outline of the country.
I voted A

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Why ain't it in English?

A few years back I suggested to the Mayor they should rename the town Sosua Beach. Like Jacksonville Beach, Myrtle Beach, Virginia Beach, Redondo Beach, Laguna Beach, Atlantic Beach, etc. I thought it would state the obvious to North Americans. Obviously, I was ignored.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
IMHO the idea of B is better since it is both the country code and a call to action in English. I prefer the font from A, and I would use a different shade of blue around the D.

Reactions: Gadfly