COVID Mandates

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Same guy, also same guy who with cronies telling people not to take the vaccine......................
like who? He tells people to get vaccinated, Head cheeses in Florida and Texas tell people to get vaccinated, in fact almost all people in leadership positions around the world encourage people to get vaccinated. Why is it that even in blue states, with a three month head start, they have lower vaccination rates than the poorest performing province in Canada? Here in the DR I have talked to a number of people that haven't and won't get vaccinated and its either they don't trust the vaccine or the government or they think that they are healthy enough to survive the virus.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Message from the World Health Organization:

The most recently detected variant (B.1.1.529), in South Africa, has been designated a "variant of concern" and as such has received its new name...

Move over Delta, make room for Omicron.

Let's hope he (it) doesn't live up to the prevailing hype.

Reactions: Grampa

Grampa

Banned
Nov 15, 2021
Kansas
CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. The vaccines don't kill the virus, so people will have to learn with the fact that CV19 is now endemic and in its 4th (or is it 5th?) wave. Governments will do what they think is best. Will those measures help more than hurt? Perhaps
You keep saying this but it's not proven nor has there been time to see what happens. Luckily the technology of the mhra vaccines were so easily converted to fight covid and that other older tech vaccines were also able to be quickly created and when enough people are vaccinated and with more time we should be able to contain the virus and slow down or eliminate many potential variants.

Repeating mistruths is not doing anyone any good so please reconsider your tactics.

Grampa

Banned
Nov 15, 2021
Kansas
And after 6 months efficacy fades while those vaccinated can still be contagious. So we will see CV19 around forever and ever and that is a very long time. People are going to tire of booster shots.
With what authority do you say this? The science does not really agree and unless I'm mistaken you have no background to make these declarations.

Grampa

Banned
Nov 15, 2021
Kansas
I recently got boosters for a number of older vaccines. This is nothing new except to those trying and failing to make a negative point against the current Covid vaccines.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Message from the World Health Organization:

The most recently detected variant (B.1.1.529), in South Africa, has been designated a "variant of concern" and as such has received its new name...

Move over Delta, make room for Omicron.

Let's hope he (it) doesn't live up to the prevailing hype.

Viruses usually mutate to become MORE transmissible but LESS deadly, so why all the fuss and panic?
Who will look stupid when this variant proves to be less deadly than any other previous variant?

Grampa

Banned
Nov 15, 2021
Kansas
Viruses usually mutate to become MORE transmissible but LESS deadly, so why all the fuss and panic?
Who will look stupid when this variant proves to be less deadly than any other previous variant?
I'll await the word from those that know, thanks.

While what you said in the first line is a truism it is not true in all cases, like delta variant for example.

Why post things that are so easily shown to be hollow and wrong?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You keep saying this but it's not proven nor has there been time to see what happens. Luckily the technology of the mhra vaccines were so easily converted to fight covid and that other older tech vaccines were also able to be quickly created and when enough people are vaccinated and with more time we should be able to contain the virus and slow down or eliminate many potential variants.
Yes, and I will continue to say this. CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. Medical professionals agree. There is no magic bullet.
With what authority do you say this? The science does not really agree and unless I'm mistaken you have no background to make these declarations.
What science does not agree that efficacy wanes for CV19 vaccines? That is clearly known now.
Do we? How's that? Do explain please.

The DR wants to hit 70% vaccination rate. That would not be enough to subdue a pandemic from a virus as contagious as the Wuhan Flu.

Repeating mistruths is not doing anyone any good so please reconsider your tactics.

Omicron is showing up just in time for Xmas!! How well do the vaccines work on Omicron?

CV19 is the gift that keeps on giving. Merry Xmas!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

There is no way to eliminate CV19. Why not? Because the mRNA vaccines, antiviral treatments, do not kill the virus. The mitigate the effects of the virus.

Maybe you would like to take this up with the WHO that CV19 is here to stay?

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

WHO says Covid will mutate like the flu and is likely here to stay​

Reactions: Tonchi and jd426

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not a very good sales pitch.
I recommend you adding a bit more fear mongering along with a few more restrictions and the threat of closing down the country again if people do not do as they are told.

Reactions: DR fan1990

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not a very good sales pitch.
I recommend you adding a bit more fear mongering along with a few more restrictions and the threat of closing down the country again if people do not do as they are told.
Omicron , the new scariant just in time for Xmas. CV19, The Wuhan Flu, is the gift that keeps on giving!

HEALTH AND SCIENCE

WHO says Covid will mutate like the flu and is likely here to stay​

Reactions: NanSanPedro

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes, and I will continue to say this. CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. Medical professionals agree. There is no magic bullet.

What science does not agree that efficacy wanes for CV19 vaccines? That is clearly known now.

The DR wants to hit 70% vaccination rate. That would not be enough to subdue a pandemic from a virus as contagious as the Wuhan Flu.

Omicron is showing up just in time for Xmas!! How well do the vaccines work on Omicron?

CV19 is the gift that keeps on giving. Merry Xmas!
I have read in the UK papers and the Cdn ones--

This Omicron is nothing to fear.... just a blip

Carry on w/ life- observe the right protocol..... they say

sepahunt22

What “mistruths “?
Even Fauci and the director of the CDC admit that the vaccines don’t stop infections AND that the vaccinated can spread it to others. They finally admitted it after first saying that it had a 90% effective rate and that masks weren’t necessary for the vaccinated. There are NUMEROUS recent videos of the CDC director admitting that there are TENS OF THOUSANDS of breakthrough infections but she tries to justify it by saying it’s because millions have been vaccinated.

I guarantee that for 99% of the people worldwide if the news media HAD NEVER MENTIONED COVID-19 ninety nine percent of people would never notice anything amiss or out of the ordinary.
Yes, Covid exists, but NO, it’s NOT a lethal threat to most people and even those with just one brain cell know this by now, provided that they possess the honesty and integrity to think critically with that one brain cell.
Since July of 2020 (16 months) I have traveled MONTHLY between the DR, Colombia, Mexico and Florida in the United States. Every month I’ve been flying from the DR to one of those countries. Of the many friends and acquaintances I have in all those countries only four caught Covid and for all four it was like the common cold and they recovered easily, despite two being elderly with diabetes and heart disease. Aside from those four none of the other HUNDREDS of acquaintances combined in those four different places got sick. Everyone I know in those countries now believe that this pandemic was exaggerated tremendously, including random strangers who I’ve talked to in airports, etc.
I’ve never worn a mask, I work out in the public gym daily touching equipment handled by others and I have not been sick at all. Lucky? No more lucky than any and every one of us who have FACED DEATH EVERY DAY since birth and will continue to face it’s constant possibility of happening RIGHT UP UNTIL IT HAPPENS.
Grow a pair and LIVE LIFE.
The one thing that this pandemic DID DO was expose who is a traitor and a coward and who is a decent honorable human being, and I’m grateful for that since I learned who to disown and who needs to be truly appreciated for being a real friend and good person.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have read in the UK papers and the Cdn ones--

This Omicron is nothing to fear.... just a blip

Carry on w/ life- observe the right protocol..... they say
If we get to a wide spread variant that is very contagious and only as deadly as the flu there may be a possibility of better natural immunity, if only short term as in the case of the flu.

Then we can treat CV19 exactly like the flu even if it remains around forever.

And move on.

I only propose this because as others pointed out, these viruses tend to evolve into more transmissible yet less deadly versions.
How much less deadly that needs to be before restrictions and mandates are dropped?

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Grampa

Banned
Nov 15, 2021
Kansas
What “mistruths “?
Even Fauci and the director of the CDC admit that the vaccines don’t stop infections AND that the vaccinated can spread it to others. They finally admitted it after first saying that it had a 90% effective rate and that masks weren’t necessary for the vaccinated. There are NUMEROUS recent videos of the CDC director admitting that there are TENS OF THOUSANDS of breakthrough infections but she tries to justify it by saying it’s because millions have been vaccinated.

I guarantee that for 99% of the people worldwide if the news media HAD NEVER MENTIONED COVID-19 ninety nine percent of people would never notice anything amiss or out of the ordinary.
Yes, Covid exists, but NO, it’s NOT a lethal threat to most people and even those with just one brain cell know this by now, provided that they possess the honesty and integrity to think critically with that one brain cell.
Since July of 2020 (16 months) I have traveled MONTHLY between the DR, Colombia, Mexico and Florida in the United States. Every month I’ve been flying from the DR to one of those countries. Of the many friends and acquaintances I have in all those countries only four caught Covid and for all four it was like the common cold and they recovered easily, despite two being elderly with diabetes and heart disease. Aside from those four none of the other HUNDREDS of acquaintances combined in those four different places got sick. Everyone I know in those countries now believe that this pandemic was exaggerated tremendously, including random strangers who I’ve talked to in airports, etc.
I’ve never worn a mask, I work out in the public gym daily touching equipment handled by others and I have not been sick at all. Lucky? No more lucky than any and every one of us who have FACED DEATH EVERY DAY since birth and will continue to face it’s constant possibility of happening RIGHT UP UNTIL IT HAPPENS.
Grow a pair and LIVE LIFE.
The one thing that this pandemic DID DO was expose who is a traitor and a coward and who is a decent honorable human being, and I’m grateful for that since I learned who to disown and who needs to be truly appreciated for being a real friend and good person.
I'm sure you're right. You must be right, correct? Wait, I wonder if Covid is such a nothing burger, why almost every country in the World has been shutdown, some multiple times, had overloaded hospitals and over 3 million dead worldwide. Almost 800,000 dead in the USA alone. Yup, we never would have noticed.

Reactions: thompstr
Status
Not open for further replies.