COVID Mandates

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I know you all HATE them and DR had experienced that. unfortunately, some idiots here in Buffalo, NY gov't just announced new mandates had returned and what they are:

Phase 1 (just announced): Masks required for staff and the public in all indoor public areas, including stores, theaters, restaurants, salons, gyms, hotels and entertainment venues. This applies to those ages 2 and older who are able to "medically tolerate" a mask. This current phase will be re-evaluated on Dec. 13 to determine whether the county must move to the next phase.

Phase 2: Vaccination required for all indoor dining, bars and entertainment venues. This requirement already exists at Highmark Stadium (Buffalo Bills NFL) and KeyBank Center arena (Buffalo Sabres NHL)

Phase 3: Capacity restrictions will again be put into place in all public locations, similar to what existed last year and early this year under former Gov. Andrew Cuomo's statewide mandates.

Phase 4: Shutdown measures would return. The hospitalizations and new cases would have to be severe to take this step.

I'm curious, would this make sense or just BS govt tranny?

I'm getting tired of this.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
I know you all HATE them and DR had experienced that. unfortunately, some idiots here in Buffalo, NY gov't just announced new mandates had returned and what they are:

Phase 1 (just announced): Masks required for staff and the public in all indoor public areas, including stores, theaters, restaurants, salons, gyms, hotels and entertainment venues. This applies to those ages 2 and older who are able to "medically tolerate" a mask. This current phase will be re-evaluated on Dec. 13 to determine whether the county must move to the next phase.

Phase 2: Vaccination required for all indoor dining, bars and entertainment venues. This requirement already exists at Highmark Stadium (Buffalo Bills NFL) and KeyBank Center arena (Buffalo Sabres NHL)

Phase 3: Capacity restrictions will again be put into place in all public locations, similar to what existed last year and early this year under former Gov. Andrew Cuomo's statewide mandates.

Phase 4: Shutdown measures would return. The hospitalizations and new cases would have to be severe to take this step.

I'm curious, would this make sense or just BS govt tranny?

I'm getting tired of this.
We all are!! Erie has low vax rate..

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
In certain places government tents to over-react but vaccinations do make a difference in hospitalizations. In my home province they have a pretty strict mask mandate and a less strict vaccine mandate, with a reasonably high vaccine rate. The majority of new infections and hospitalizations are unvaccinated.
To date, 90.9% of all eligible people 12 and older in BC have received their first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine; 87.3% have received their second dose.

From November 12 to 18, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 59.8% of cases and from November 5 to November 18, they accounted for 69.9% of hospitalizations. I think in places like Baseball stadiums, hockey and basketball arenas....etc vaccination mandates are not a bad thing.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. The vaccines don't kill the virus, so people will have to learn with the fact that CV19 is now endemic and in its 4th (or is it 5th?) wave. Governments will do what they think is best. Will those measures help more than hurt? Perhaps

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. The vaccines don't kill the virus, so people will have to learn with the fact that CV19 is now endemic and in its 4th (or is it 5th?) wave. Governments will do what they think is best. Will those measures help more than hurt? Perhaps
No the vaccines don't kill or cure but they do make a notable difference in serious infections and hospitalizations. Certain parts of mandates make sense and others maker you scratch your head.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No the vaccines don't kill or cure but they do make a notable difference in serious infections and hospitalizations. Certain parts of mandates make sense and others maker you scratch your head.
And after 6 months efficacy fades while those vaccinated can still be contagious. So we will see CV19 around forever and ever and that is a very long time. People are going to tire of booster shots.

Reactions: jd426

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
New studies show that the recent surges in the EU - Netherlands, Belgium, Germany - are more a result of increased social activity such as bars/restaurants, offices, etc

The protocol of masks in crowds and social distancing seem to be very effective in limiting the contagion.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
And after 6 months efficacy fades while those vaccinated can still be contagious. So we will see CV19 around forever and ever and that is a very long time. People are going to tire of booster shots.
Real difficult to get a shot in your arm every 6 months or so to avoid hospitalization or dying.....................

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I found the article - London Telegraph

==========================

The dramatic surge in coronavirus cases in western Europe has several causes but at least part of it is explained by a boom in social mixing ahead of the latest wave.
Many experts have noted in recent days how parts of Austria and Germany have relatively low vaccination rates - but that alone does not tell the full story.
The Netherlands, for instance, has experienced a terrifying jump in cases over the last two weeks despite the fact 73 per cent of its population is fully vaccinated - a full five points ahead of the UK.
A Telegraph analysis of Google mobility data across western Europe suggests a jump in social mixing during the early autumn may help explain the new viral surge.
It shows people have been returning to the office in much greater numbers on the continent than in the UK.

It also reveals Europeans have been going out much more, with “retail and recreation” data for Austria, Germany, Holland and Italy all exceeding pre-pandemic levels in September.
Paul Hunter, professor in medicine at the University of East Anglia, said that greater movement in continental Europe was likely to be one of the reasons for rising case numbers.
1637595225575.jpg

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Real difficult to get a shot in your arm every 6 months or so to avoid hospitalization or dying.....................
It isn't about the difficulty. It is about the willingness. I suspect most just won't want to do it.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It isn't about the difficulty. It is about the willingness. I suspect most just won't want to do it.
Who cares what "most" do? Not me I can assure you.....................

And I will give you another vaccine that morons will refuse to take. Shingles vaccine for people over 50. I ignored it until a friend of mine got it. He was tortured for months.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The Netherlands, for instance, has experienced a terrifying jump in cases over the last two weeks despite the fact 73 per cent of its population is fully vaccinated -
And the DR thinks 70% is "enough". Sorry to say, there is no "enough". We know that now.

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Who cares what "most" do? Not me I can assure you.....................
Personal choice is yours to make. I endorse that.
The world? It needs to move on, now that we know the reality of CV19.

Is the infection death rate enough to make countries lock down again? For some, apparently so...

Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

BRUSSELS, Nov 23 (Reuters) - European Union governments kicked off a debate on Tuesday about how long vaccines are effective against COVID-19 and whether evidence of a booster dose will be required to maintain free travel across the bloc as cases spike.

The executive European Commission is due to present a proposal this week to coordinate free movement using COVID-19 passes, after Austria became the first country in western Europe on Monday to reimpose a lockdown since vaccines were rolled out.

EU coordination on the passes, showing if a holder is fully vaccinated or has a recent negative test or recovery from infection, has allowed an easing of curbs on cross-border travel.

The passes, typically viewed on mobile devices, are issued by individual countries, but are recognised for travel across the bloc. They are now increasingly being deployed in many EU countries for access to indoor areas such as bars or theatres.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

BRUSSELS, Nov 23 (Reuters) - European Union governments kicked off a debate on Tuesday about how long vaccines are effective against COVID-19 and whether evidence of a booster dose will be required to maintain free travel across the bloc as cases spike.

The executive European Commission is due to present a proposal this week to coordinate free movement using COVID-19 passes, after Austria became the first country in western Europe on Monday to reimpose a lockdown since vaccines were rolled out.

EU coordination on the passes, showing if a holder is fully vaccinated or has a recent negative test or recovery from infection, has allowed an easing of curbs on cross-border travel.

The passes, typically viewed on mobile devices, are issued by individual countries, but are recognised for travel across the bloc. They are now increasingly being deployed in many EU countries for access to indoor areas such as bars or theatres.

Wouldn't it just be easier to vax everyone who wants to come in to any given establishment? That way there's no doubt. Besides, a vax a day keeps the bureaucrats away.

Status
Not open for further replies.