COVID Mandates

Status
Not open for further replies.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I don't think anyone believes there will realistically be herd immunity to CV19 from a combination of infection and vaccination. Many countries in the world will never reach close to even 70% vaccination rates. African nations in particular.

That said, the world will have to somehow move on.
And yet African nations have lower death rates. Maybe nature knows best

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I read an article today about the lack of fax in Southern Africa

They fear it more than other parts of the world
They currently have more vax than they need
============

Just days before the Omicron variant was first detected, health officials in South Africa turned away shipments of doses from Pfizer-BioNTech and Johnson & Johnson, worried that their stockpile of 16 million shots might spoil amid insufficient demand.
Though only 36 percent of South African adults are fully vaccinated, daily vaccinations have already been flatlining, according to government statistics.
It is not just South Africa.
Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Malawi have also asked vaccine manufacturers and donors to hold off on sending more shots because they can’t use the supplies they have, according to several health officials involved in the effort to distribute vaccines to developing nations.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Furthermore, crossing to the US by car and staying less than 72 hr needs NO test to return
I’ll sneak down and back through the US if the Covid hotels are back on in January. Other option is down and back through Montreal. Quebec didn’t enforce the Covid hotel stay last year. Sad time in my province WW. Covid has disrupted the supply of carbon dioxide used to make the various curated ales. Production is slowing coming to a halt. My god, the horror! 😂

Reactions: thompstr

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Who cares what "most" do? Not me I can assure you.....................

And I will give you another vaccine that morons will refuse to take. Shingles vaccine for people over 50. I ignored it until a friend of mine got it. He was tortured for months.

Same here, I had that shot also, friend didn't. He has scars on his chest that look like acid burns.
As to the 'difficulty" of getting a shot every six months or so? Consider the alternative.

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
Furthermore, crossing to the US by car and staying less than 72 hr needs NO test to return
I agree completely.... For those that missed to logic of now saying no test for 72 stay.

Under the old rules,
I would get a PCR Test done in Canada ($150 to $200)
I would then drive into the USA (they don't require a test)
I would stay 48+ hours (get my $800 exception)
Drive back to the Canadian Border and use my Canadian PCR test from before I left, to prove I never got CoViD in the USA

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

The links are different, but look the same on DR1. Japan, England and USA all scrambling.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Omicron Variant, in at Least 20 Nations, Spread Earlier Than Was Known​

With evidence growing that a worrisome new coronavirus variant is highly contagious, health officials issued warnings that vulnerable people should not travel.

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
A scary story...... Belenenses SAD football club (Portugal)

A single player returns from a South Africa trip Nov 17

On Nov 22 the entire team has their Monday CoViD test... all negative

The entire team was fully vaccinated.
You can't get much more fit them a premier league football player.

On Saturday Nov 27 13 players test positive (it turns out to be Omicron CoViD)
9 players start the game, 7 players start the 2nd half, two minutes in another player collapses.
The game is called.

The S.A. Doctor (in the news this week) says.... people were showing up at the Hospitals because of extreme fatigue, but other symptoms appeared mild.

That doesn't mean.... symptoms appeared mild (full stop, end of story)

What I heard her say was..... When they arrived at the Hospitals - extreme fatigue, but other symptoms appeared mild

We need to wait for more information. Do symptoms get worse over the next 3 to 7 days.

If Omicron CoVid can take down a Football team this quickly.... we (Old Fat Guys spending too much time on computers) need to be concerned.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Edenorte will require vax cards to enter their offices.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Same here, I had that shot also, friend didn't. He has scars on his chest that look like acid burns.
As to the 'difficulty" of getting a shot every six months or so? Consider the alternative.
That shingles vaccine was tested through regular FDA testing process and did not show to have myocarditis or blood clot issues as side effect, in fact side effects for it are very mild - therefore I would take it if i thought I had risk of shingles.
But because one vaccine may be effective and a low risk does not mean other vaccines are good.

Sailor - were you mandated to take a shingles vaccine or did you make the decision to do so ? Big Difference

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

9 players start the game, 7 players start the 2nd half, two minutes in another player collapses.
The game is called.

The S.A. Doctor (in the news this week) says.... people were showing up at the Hospitals because of extreme fatigue, but other symptoms appeared mild.

What I heard her say was..... When they arrived at the Hospitals - extreme fatigue, but other symptoms appeared mild

We need to wait for more information. Do symptoms get worse over the next 3 to 7 days.

If Omicron CoVid can take down a Football team this quickly.... we (Old Fat Guys spending too much time on computers) need to be concerned.
Or there may be another reason the players collapsed - such as myocarditis or blot clots ?
I'm old, but not fat (by my standards, which change to fit my self image)

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada

The game is called.

So they collapsed after getting the jab? What else is new?
Young, healthy athletes have been dropping left and right after getting jabbed with this poison.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Young, healthy athletes have been dropping left and right after getting jabbed with this poison.

Thanks for that posting
75 heart issues on the pitch in one year (and counting) - It is not coincidence
I am surprised YouTube has not censored the video (yet) - they will soon

Reactions: DR fan1990
Jan 9, 2004

And now the efficacy of the placebo like Si No Vac has reportedly dropped to 28%;

If those numbers are accurate and given the risks associated with the jabs as highlighted above and elsewhere, at least as to Si No Vac, you probably have better odds/less risk against the disease and the vaccines potential negative effects by wearing a mask and social distancing.

The DR may face a conundrum of sorts soon..........bring on new mandates and risk slowing tourism during the important high season, or do nothing and possibly enter a fifth wave, or as other countries have recently done again...............go into lock down.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Where here in the DR can you get the shingles shot, was told was not available.

Reactions: chico bill

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
That shingles vaccine was tested through regular FDA testing process and did not show to have myocarditis or blood clot issues as side effect, in fact side effects for it are very mild - therefore I would take it if i thought I had risk of shingles.
But because one vaccine may be effective and a low risk does not mean other vaccines are good.

Sailor - were you mandated to take a shingles vaccine or did you make the decision to do so ? Big Difference

Didn't you ever have chickenpox as a kid?
I haven't had the vax but, I am considering it.
One time only...
Sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.