COVID Mandates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Showing a blurry photo of a Vax card on your cell phone is sometimes required but they only pretend to look. It could be yours you brother's or a neighbor's or just one taken off a web page.
So there is that.
100%, VAX RATE is a pipe dream.
We are probably at as close to full compliance as we are going to get.
Some who are vax-chupadores will gleefully line up for boosters as long as someone in a white coat pushes them - caveat Emptor
The Vax Card info will be the new Signature check like when you use your Credit Card .. I have literally SIGNED MICKEY MOUSE many times , and no one ever checked or dared ask a question... Customers spending $ is what talks ..the rest of the BS can take a long walk off a short Pier ..
and Vanilla here , and all the other wanna be Hall Monitors like him dont get to make the Rules .. Society makes the Rules .

edit

"Vax Chapiadoras" .. LMFAO

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Aname4me, I suspect that you're wasting your time. I wish you well and hope that you don't get driven off like so many others have. Just posting can make one a target, especially if the contrarians force the issue. They'll drown you out, mock and pester you until it's unbearable and then the next thing you know you'll be the one getting disciplined. The questions I ask myself are do I really care if some anti whatever people put themselves at risk and get ill or die? Does posting anything here really matter considering how small the audience is?

The answer to my questions is no. It's not worth it, the game is rigged, the vocal anti whatever contrarians have virtually won the game here already so there is not point and you won't and can't win here. Except that sometimes there does not need a point and venting and standing your ground is enough.

It's up to you. Showing emotion here is like blood to sharks.
Wise words. Exactly what I am praying. Trust your government, they have the best experts who know what is best for you. Just follow their advice and get all recommended boosters on time. Accept the green passport as soon as it is issued and let the traffic light system guide you. Do not listen to the conspiration theorist and avoid them. Stay healthy and may the green light always be with you. We will be happy finally.

Alexander

Wise words. Exactly what I am praying. Trust your government, they have the best experts who know what is best for you. Just follow their advice and get all recommended boosters on time. Accept the green passport as soon as it is issued and let the traffic light system guide you. Do not listen to the conspiration theorist and avoid them. Stay healthy and may the green light always be with you. We will be happy finally.

Alexander
Just do what the govt demands without question? Yeah keep erasing history and our doomed to repeat it

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016

Alexander
Ok fu#hs 40, are you George Orwell incarnate? You’re cryptic posts are freaky

• Haha
Reactions: windeguy

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
So let me get this straight, just so I understand. Someone on here wants to start a NEW opinion thread/discussion forum where people can only discuss one opinion, and nobody can disagree with it? What is the point of discussion forums then? . . . . . . . . . .OH OH wait, I think I get it now! . . . . . you mean like Facebook or Twitter or Yahoo comments section or CNN comments section, where only one opinion is tolerated???? Yeah I get it now. Don't you have enough safe spaces on the internet?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The danger Anti-VAX'ers pose to the rest of us (a Canadian example)

During the last CoViD spike, the Hospitals filled to capacity (or more) with mostly unvaccinated people.
The Hospitals had to reallocate the staff and re purpose Wards to treat them.

The rest of us (the vaccinated and unvaccinated) got our elective surgeries postponed for months.

In Canada the Government pays for medical, which means WE ALL pay (with taxes) for medical. Because many people refused to get 2 $30 shots.... we all have to pay 10's of thousands of dollars for them to be treated in Hospitals.

Just to be clear..... my “beef” is not with those who have made a choice to not be vaccinated.
My “beef” is with Anti-VAX'ers
Long after everyone have made up their minds... they are still standing on their soap boxes yelling at everyone.
They “ask” a question and never listen to the answers given back
-why it is a unvaxxed person is a risk to a fully vaxxed person #503

As you read through my response to you.... I bet your eyes glazed over and you skipped to the bottom.
I take it you feel all should be forced to be vaccinated by laws everywhere in the world?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Here's an idea. All of us like minded folks who are tired of others dictating what we're to think and pushing us around simply stop posting. Let the azzholes have free reign and see where things stand in say 6 months. If NONE of the sensible people, the ones who don't need to force anything on anyone quit posting... my bet is that the site will implode and there may be an opportunity for positive change. Of course we may find we're left with a bunch of people we wouldn't meet for a coffee making all the posts but then we will see muy claro that we're not wanted and we will have found other more pertinent, relevant places to post. I hear that FB is good for that. It's all but killed many sites like DR1, you can easily make and moderate your own group and keep things as tight and focused, or at least open and friendly as you desire.

See you there ;)
FB and other social media sites took over from sites like DR1 one long ago. DR1 at this time is what it is.

Now what about those mandates, especially in the DR. Banks, government buildings and some supermarkets asking for vax proof and that is about it? No buses like Metro or Caribe tours?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Here's an idea. All of us like minded folks who are tired of others dictating what we're to think and pushing us around simply stop posting. Let the azzholes have free reign and see where things stand in say 6 months. If NONE of the sensible people, the ones who don't need to force anything on anyone quit posting... my bet is that the site will implode and there may be an opportunity for positive change. Of course we may find we're left with a bunch of people we wouldn't meet for a coffee making all the posts but then we will see muy claro that we're not wanted and we will have found other more pertinent, relevant places to post. I hear that FB is good for that. It's all but killed many sites like DR1, you can easily make and moderate your own group and keep things as tight and focused, or at least open and friendly as you desire.

See you there ;)
Go make your group of two and then you can give each other virtual hugs and agree on everything. Your self esteem will rocket in your safe space echo chamber. Have at it. I went through this entire thread and saw no bullying anywhere, just normal chatter and disagreement. Quite tame actually. I see much nastier even on Quora.

Reactions: anny95

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
Using Canada as an example - My son works in a Hospital in the Frazer Health district, the area with highest spike in British Columbia and well it is true that the majority of those hospitalized were unvaccinated the hospitals were never filled to capacity. The procedures that were shoved back, delayed, or cancelled by government response to covid in general, happened mainly before vaccines were even available or widely available. There is a shortage of medical personal , especially nurses. For the week of Nov. 24 to 30, 57.9 per cent of those in hospital were not fully vaccinated, so more than 40% in hospital have been vaccinated. https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/a6f23959a8b14bfa989e3cda29297ded Vaccination rate is over 80 percent.

87% fully vaccinated 100 -57.9 = 42.1% of Hospitalization
10% with no vaccination = 57.9% of Hospitalization

10% of the Canadian - unvaccinated account for 57.9% WOW

Thank you for making my point

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Look.....
I have NO interest in you trying to put words in my mouth.

I have NO interest in you in you trying to”label” me or “tag” me.

Please.... stick to the truth... No throwing mud
I just asked your opinion, if you don't have one, so be it.

My opinion is that anyone that wants a vaccine should get one. AND, anyone that wanted one has had enough time to get one.
It is time to reopen and let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: chico bill

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As a said, various governments will react differently. Everyone in those countries will have to decide how to proceed.
I personally could care less what the UK or EU or Russia or China does.

What the two countries in which I am citizen do could be of significance to me.

CV19 is endemic. Time to realize that and move on. Restrictions are just going to delay a full reopening in the hope of not overloading the medical systems. I suspect almost everyone will eventually get CV19. It is quite contagious and vaccines don't kill it, after all.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Cleaned up all of the nonsense. Stick to the subject of the thread or it's closed.

Reactions: aname4me

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I suspect it is better to close it. The DR doesn't really seem to have any CV19 mandates.
At least no real ones.

Reactions: aname4me

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
I suspect it is better to close it. The DR doesn't really seem to have any CV19 mandates.
At least no real ones.
I agree with that.

In a couple weeks someone will open a new one called “Omicron has arrived”

But until then there is really not much new to talk about..... just recycling old ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: jd426

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
Just do what the govt demands without question? Yeah keep erasing history and our doomed to repeat it

Lol. The person you are quoting is actually NOT a vax nazi and has been using sarcasm and cheek-in-tongue speech to get their point accross (i.e. that vaccine mandates will ultimately lead to totalitarian control).

And although they have been using sarcasm from day 1 on here, it's amazing how the pro-vaxxers (not you) still can't read between the lines and just eat it up every time this person posts a comment. Lmao.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
87% fully vaccinated 100 -57.9 = 42.1% of Hospitalization
10% with no vaccination = 57.9% of Hospitalization

10% of the Canadian - unvaccinated account for 57.9% WOW

Thank you for making my point
You also said the hospitals were overwhelmed and this isn't true. 40 percent of patients being fully vaccinated is 4 out of every ten patients, still a pretty high number saying that the vaccine isn't very effective. There isn't 87 % fully vaccinated. Anyways I am not anti-Vac.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
For the children the new normal is normal. New normals are getting old pretty fast. You will notice when important updates are delivered:
  • first time a green light clears your way and reminds you that you do everything right
  • first time you pay with your new digital money
  • you sold your house, car and cellphone and rent it back. Then and only then when you own nothing you will be happy, which will be the last new normal
While waiting for the updates for normal the best we can do on our way to happiness is to get the boosters and accept the new green passports as soon as they are issued.

Alexander
50 years from now young adults will be saying "wow, can you believe at the turn of the 21st century people could have private bank accounts and own their own homes"...
It's a slippery slope and these sheep are too dumb to see past tomorrow.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
AND THIS IS YOUR intelligent answer..... are my word too big for you to u n d e r s t a n d ???
It is Saturday night, and I was trying to add a little levity. Sorry for trying to entice a few folks into laughing and enjoying life. Trying to impress people with large words was never a goal of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.