COVID Passport Discussion

Jan 9, 2004
The opinion above is that proving you are vaccinated may violate the law. Time will tell on that both for workplaces and transportation. I see no reason that airlines cannot deny service for lack of vaccination. A negative test may be a work around for those who are religulous.

And that is why/how the US airlines will likely operate. They will likely not be able to ban you from flying without having been vaccinated, but they can require require a negative Covid test to fly...................which is exactly what they do now.

Nothing new there.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
And that is why/how the US airlines will likely operate. They will likely not be able to ban you from flying without having been vaccinated, but they can require require a negative Covid test to fly...................which is exactly what they do now.

Nothing new there.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Exactly how do you know what the airlines will do? And each airline is a separate entity......................

Jan 9, 2004
Exactly how do you know what the airlines will do? And each airline is a separate entity......................
I don't.......and I thought that was clear in my post. I said that is likely how they will operate........not once, but twice.

Yes they are separate..............but play follow the leader...........whether to increase fares, baggage fees, decrease seat space, keep middle seats open...........but the one constant is that they all must follow the law.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Don't be afraid Johne lol
Winde that has already gone thru the courts with the Orthodox Jewish sector in the US. I won't elaborate due to TOS of DR1

"That may involve some damage to individual rights, but not all damage is prohibited if it is well-balanced and legitimate in order to achieve a worthy goal,” she said. “It’s your choice,” she added of leisure activities. “If you are vaccinated, you can enter. As long as you aren’t, we can’t let you endanger others."

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Don't be afraid Johne lol

"That may involve some damage to individual rights, but not all damage is prohibited if it is well-balanced and legitimate in order to achieve a worthy goal,” she said. “It’s your choice,” she added of leisure activities. “If you are vaccinated, you can enter. As long as you aren’t, we can’t let you endanger others."

Awwww snap. There went that Lebanon-Israel junket I had planned.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Nothing new there.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
If the airlines can (and do) have a policy to ban people from flying if they fail to wear their masks properly, they can absolutely ban someone from flying if they don't want the liability of them catching CV19 on a flight and therero require passengers to be vaccinated. If a religious person refused to wear a mask, would they be allowed to fly? No, they would not. So explain the legal difference to me?

That means they would have to be vaccinated. (Being tested does not protect the person being tested from catching anything).

I have almost zero doubt cruise ships will require vaccination. Just testing instead is a very unlikely workaround for cruising.

Will the airlines require the religulous who refuse vaccinations to be tested in order to fly? Perhaps, but they are under no obligation to allow this as a "work around" to vaccinating if they don't want to allow it. TIme will tell.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Exactly, each airline can set their own policy on whom they allow to fly. Including requiring vaccines or not.

Reactions: zoomzx11

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't.......and I thought that was clear in my post. I said that is likely how they will operate........not once, but twice.

Yes they are separate..............but play follow the leader...........whether to increase fares, baggage fees, decrease seat space, keep middle seats open...........but the one constant is that they all must follow the law.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
There is no law that prevents an airline from refusing service to someone that is not vaccinated.
For example in my home country: "However, as the Supreme Court stated in 1941, “The right to practice religion freely does not include liberty to expose the community … to communicable disease.” Justice Antonin Scalia, speaking for the court nearly 50 years later, came to a similar conclusion that laws advancing civic obligations such as compulsory vaccination may override claims of religious freedom." - So much for the already made decisions by The Supremes.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Exactly, each airline can set their own policy on whom they allow to fly. Including requiring vaccines or not.
As for following the "law", there is no such law that will stop an airline from demanding flyers wear masks OR be vaccinated. And you can see by all the people that have been thrown off airlines for not wearing masks..................And been barred from flying that airline in the future...................

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think flying and going to a restaurant or movie will be treated differently.

It seems the passport won't cut it for flying but it may permit dining out, etc

Jan 9, 2004
There is no law that prevents an airline from refusing service to someone that is not vaccinated.
If that is the case, and I disagree, then it begs the question of why the major US airlines have not already instituted a no vaccine/no fly policy.

They can make masks mandatory, they can require a negative Covid test...................but, if they try to make a vaccination mandatory to fly..............they will have legal constitutional challenges (and not just religious) that would likely overturn that requirement.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: DR fan1990

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If that is the case, and I disagree, then it begs the question of why the major US airlines have not already instituted a no vaccine/no fly policy.

They can make masks mandatory, they can require a negative Covid test...................but, if they try to make a vaccination mandatory to fly..............they will have legal constitutional challenges (and not just religious) that would likely overturn that requirement.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Simple, not enough people have been vaccinated. You did notice the airlines are lobbying for a vaccination passport despite not having one already?

There is no difference legally between requiring a mask and requiring a vaccine. The Supremes have already ruled on such cases. So, as you can see, I am in 100% disagreement with you on this point.

Jan 9, 2004
Simple, not enough people have been vaccinated.

There is no difference legally between requiring a mask and requiring a vaccine. The Supremes have already ruled on such cases. So, as you can see, I am in 100% disagreement with you on this point.
If this truly is about the health and safety of the world..............then not enough people being vaccinated is a poor excuse.

Again disagreeing and respecting your point of view, if you read the line of vaccine cases, and that will not be the only challenge coming, the Supreme Court upheld vaccines, but could not force people to get vaccinated, they could impose other measures fines etc., but could not force one to be vaccinated.

If you fast forward to today, there are other measures prophylactically available to insure safe flying............and so I doubt vaccinations will be mandatory to fly.

So how many people will it take before you believe a vaccination to fly will be required?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Again disagreeing and respecting your point of view, if you read the line of vaccine cases, and that will not be the only challenge coming, the Supreme Court upheld vaccines, but could not force people to get vaccinated, they could impose other measures fines etc., but could not force one to be vaccinated.

If you fast forward to today, there are other measures prophylactically available to insure safe flying............and so I doubt vaccinations will be mandatory to fly.

So how many people will it take before you believe a vaccination to fly will be required?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
It will take the airlines actually enacting their COVID passport policies requiring vaccination for me to understand that anyone flying will need to be vaccinated.
If they fall back to also allowing testing, they might realize they are participating in prolonging the pandemic by encouraging the vaccine hesitant.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Will I need a coronavirus vaccine to fly or travel in 2021? Qantas and Saga have said COVID-19 inoculation will be mandatory when flights and holidays restart, with other airlines and destinations likely to follow suit

Read more: https://www.which.co.uk/news/2021/03/will-i-need-a-coronavirus-vaccine-to-fly-or-travel-in-2021/ -

Jan 9, 2004
It will take the airlines actually enacting their COVID passport policies requiring vaccination for me to understand that anyone flying will need to be vaccinated.
If they fall back to also allowing testing, they might realize they are participating in prolonging the pandemic by encouraging the vaccine hesitant.
Here is how I see this playing out;

The airlines may, in conjunction with governments, institute some form of health passport. Trying to get countries to agree on the logistics of the information will be a challenge. In the end, that passport will only inform.

No vaccines will likely ever be mandatory to fly. (other than perhaps a few rogue nations that will be severely hurt by that policy).

There will be other measures such as already exist, i.e., negative covid test results and/or quarantine periods.......which are legal. American Airlines has, and in conjunction with Italy (a very hard hit nation because of Covid), as of now, adopted such measures to resume international travel;

I expect this to be the norm as other airlines follow their lead................

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
I had heard that American Airlines may fly POP to Halifax NS Canada Direct.
They cannot demand an antigen test for that flight to NS...simply because Canada does not accept the antigen test (last time I heard).
The point here is that American Airlines on that flight will have to demand a different test that is acceptable to Canada.
SO it is not the Airline who makes the demand but the destination country...
Only my opinion.