COVID Passport Discussion

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Cornell University "intends to require vaccination for students returning to Ithaca, Geneva, and Cornell Tech campuses for the fall semester." https://bit.ly/3rR5zBV
Not new information...Williams College requires vaccine and weekly (?) tests. Parents not allowed into the living quarters of the students. This has been going on for about the past two months.
All new style of living, "here there and about to be everywhere".

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Not new information...Williams College requires vaccine and weekly (?) tests. Parents not allowed into the living quarters of the students. This has been going on for about the past two months.
Not new information as far as what is happening right now ...Williams College requires vaccine and weekly (?) tests. Parents not allowed into the living quarters of the students. This has been going on for about the past two months.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I had heard that American Airlines may fly POP to Halifax NS Canada Direct.
They cannot demand an antigen test for that flight to NS...simply because Canada does not accept the antigen test (last time I heard).
The point here is that American Airlines on that flight will have to demand a different test that is acceptable to Canada.
SO it is not the Airline who makes the demand but the destination country...
Only my opinion.
As far as American Airlines and the US goes, that's not an opinion, it's a fact. The US, by presidential executive order, requires all international travelers entering the US to have a valid antigen test. This must be presented to the ticket agent in order to board the flight.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The US requires a negative Antigen test OR a PCR test. Either one is good.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Speaking to a friend of mine. He has a nephew from an anti-vaxxer family. His nephew's company is going to require all employees to be vaccinated.
The nephew is probably going to quit his job rather than vaccinate. Decision, decisions.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
As far as American Airlines and the US goes, that's not an opinion, it's a fact. The US, by presidential executive order, requires all international travelers entering the US to have a valid antigen test. This must be presented to the ticket agent in order to board the flight.
And the Government of Canada by Executive order rejects the antigen test.... so the American Airlines flying into Canada will require passengers to have PCR but not antigen test regardless what the USA says. Especially coming from the DR. which is the topic here.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
And the Government of Canada by Executive order rejects the antigen test.... so the American Airlines flying into Canada will require passengers to have PCR but not antigen test regardless what the USA says. Especially coming from the DR. which is the topic here.
Of course. The test is not a requirement of American Airlines. If Canada requires a PCR test, then American will have to ensure that passengers flying to Canada have a PCR test. Seems pretty clear cut to me.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It would require a special agreement to do this. In general, a carrier in country "A" cannot provide service between country "B" and country "C". It's a violation of the "Freedoms of the Air". I can't imagine canadq agreeing to this

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
It would require a special agreement to do this. In general, a carrier in country "A" cannot provide service between country "B" and country "C". It's a violation of the "Freedoms of the Air". I can't imagine canadq agreeing to this

I think a Charter may be the exception...Icelandic Air took me from Haalifax ro London... albeit a fuel stop in Iceland.
I think I read this AA Halifax theme here on dr1 or MSN News a couple of months ago.
Back on topic... needs the PCR not antigen regardless.Cuban Air flies Havana to Toronto return direct....

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I think a Charter may be the exception...Icelandic Air took me from Haalifax ro London... albeit a fuel stop in Iceland.
I think I read this AA Halifax theme here on dr1 or MSN News a couple of months ago.
Back on topic... needs the PCR not antigen regardless.Cuban Air flies Havana to Toronto return direct....
It does not apply to charter flights.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You are missing my point. Airlines have lobbied the US government to come up with a vaccination passport. This is in the news. It is NOT my opinion. Airlines can and will do whatever they want and they certainly have showed the intent to require vaccinations. I have no idea what you mean regarding "if airlines are required to fly".

If airlines require vaccinations, then they are by default forcing people to vaccinate or take other transport. Those vaccine adverse could always charter a private plane or a yacht. The world is out to make those who don't get vaccines pay a price for non-compliance. Hence the discussion about COVID Passports.
. "The world is out to make those who don't get vaccines pay a price for non-compliance" Honestly now!

Every thing in life has a price.
Many of the anti maskers were loudly defiant. Now they are victims paying a price? And at the hands of "the world"!!
Very very few have to fly.

I would prefer that the passenger next to me has been vaccinated for the health of all passengers and air crew.
Tyranny of the majority my friend, finally here!!
The cries of the anti vaxxers are hard to notice other than when a drunk mask refuser is tossed off a plane and its news.

Anyway, sadly, this pandemic is a long way from over in many countries.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Speaking to a friend of mine. He has a nephew from an anti-vaxxer family. His nephew's company is going to require all employees to be vaccinated.
The nephew is probably going to quit his job rather than vaccinate. Decision, decisions.
Anti vaxxers like to talk.
Come back when he quits.

Being an anti vaxxer demonstrates a lack of concern for the health and welfare of all the employees and their families.
A good employee may have some fear based concerns that are not valid but you go along for the welfare of all and shut up.
Just like the other many millions have done already with wonderful results worldwide.

Reactions: Russell and johne
Jan 9, 2004
As expected by many, the US government has just given cover for US airlines and others to forego the idea of a "Vaccine Passport."

"The government is not now, nor will we be supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential."

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The U.S. government won’t issue so-called vaccine passports, White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said, after Texas sought to limit their development because of privacy concerns.

“The government is not now, nor will we be, supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential,” Psaki told reporters at the White House on Tuesday. “There will be no federal vaccinations database and no federal mandate requiring everyone to obtain a single vaccination credential.”

So the Federal government in the USA will not issue vaccination passports. It remains to be seen for how long a negative antigen test will be needed to enter the USA. All of those the USA will be eligible to be vaccinated by April 19th according to the POTUS.

Now it will be up to individual states and businesses there to decide how they will grant access to services.

Jan 9, 2004

So the Federal government in the USA will not issue vaccination passports. It remains to be seen for how long a negative antigen test will be needed to enter the USA. All of those the USA will be eligible to be vaccinated by April 19th according to the POTUS.

Now it will be up to individual states and businesses there to decide how they will grant access to services.
And some have already spoken;

"Meanwhile, leaders in a slew of states — including Florida, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri and Nebraska — have already expressed fierce opposition to any use of vaccine passports within their borders.

On Tuesday, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order prohibiting state agencies or organizations that receive state funds from requiring COVID-19 vaccine passports."

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If the EU and UK still want vaccine passports, then it is going to be an interesting time ahead when things start to reopen.

How will you prove you are vaccinated if your country does not have a proper "vaccination passport"?
Cruises especially seem problematic.

The DR is keeping a data base. We asked and they said yes they are. After the second vaccine dose earlier this week, they told me to laminate my vaccine card.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And some have already spoken;

"Meanwhile, leaders in a slew of states — including Florida, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Missouri and Nebraska — have already expressed fierce opposition to any use of vaccine passports within their borders.

On Tuesday, Texas Gov. Greg Abbott issued an executive order prohibiting state agencies or organizations that receive state funds from requiring COVID-19 vaccine passports."

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Yes, they have spoken like this one: https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/excelsior-pass

The reopening of the world is not going to go down easy.

Be a Part of New York's Safe Reopening​

Excelsior Pass provides a free, fast and secure way to present digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Anti vaxxers like to talk.
Come back when he quits.

Being an anti vaxxer demonstrates a lack of concern for the health and welfare of all the employees and their families.
A good employee may have some fear based concerns that are not valid but you go along for the welfare of all and shut up.
Just like the other many millions have done already with wonderful results worldwide.
being vaccinated (both shots) I would rather sit next to an un-vaccinated "gentleman" on the plane than a fat slovenly rude unkempt hog that takes his shoes off and trims his fingernails when on the plane. I don't see how an unvaccinated person effects me or the flight crew