COVID Passport Discussion

Jan 9, 2004
If the EU and UK still want vaccine passports, then it is going to be an interesting time ahead when things start to reopen.

How will you prove you are vaccinated if your country does not have a proper "vaccination passport"?
Cruises especially seem problematic.

The DR is keeping a data base. We asked and they said yes they are. After the second vaccine dose earlier this week, they told me to laminate my vaccine card.
I believe that other governments will eventually relax their rules. Tests will likely remain for the foreseeable future, quarantines will also remain in some countries for the time being.

Cruise lines certainly will be problematic............as they have shown to be in the past with mysterious outbreaks involving Legionnaires disease etc. They will likely continue to require a certificate of vaccination to travel.............

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

ejl293

May 29, 2012
I have a question. When I received my first shot last week they made a mistake on my card. They listed me as 61, rather than 71. I guess because of my boyish good looks! Will this be corrected, or doesn't it matter?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Point out the mistake when you get your 2nd and they may write you a new card to correct the mistake. Lots of 2nd timers received new cards last Saturday in Sosua.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

US vaccine 'passports' advance despite growing controversy​

A puff piece on one state of the union. An example of very poor journalism.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I can't see how - yet !

But certainly, some sort of vaccination proof will be an asset and will be used as we go down a looong road
I am hoping it is not a long road but there is no light in sight at the end of this tunnel so far.

World wide its not great news virus wise and the world's countries have performed so poorly
the the US terrible response does not look so bad by comparison.

On a plane, one person with no symptoms is capable of spreading a great deal of the virus.
Planes have good hepta filters but people are close.

Compared to masks alone, a passport and masks will make flying finally really safe, virus wise.
In the US masks shut down this flu season and mask usage was very sloppy.
Vaccine passports just plain make good sense.

Reactions: Russell

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am hoping it is not a long road but there is no light in sight at the end of this tunnel so far.

World wide its not great news virus wise and the world's countries have performed so poorly
the the US terrible response does not look so bad by comparison.

On a plane, one person with no symptoms is capable of spreading a great deal of the virus.
Planes have good hepta filters but people are close.

Compared to masks alone, a passport and masks will make flying finally really safe, virus wise.
In the US masks shut down this flu season and mask usage was very sloppy.
Vaccine passports just plain make good sense.
I had never seen people wear masks in the US during a flu season or any other time. The Covidic Epoch is the first time I ever saw mask usage.

Apparently there will be no universal agreement on Vaccine Passports. Few in the US including the current Federal Government think they make good sense. The WHO has come out as well against Vaccine Passports.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It will be up to each business, country (or in the US each individual state) how they control entry and use of their services.
It is going to be a continued nightmare since CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I had never seen people wear masks in the US during a flu season or any other time. The Covidic Epoch is the first time I ever saw mask usage.

Apparently there will be no universal agreement on Vaccine Passports. Few in the US including the current Federal Government think they make good sense. The WHO has come out as well against Vaccine Passports.

Since mask usage was begin in the US the cases of influenza have dropped dramatically compared to a normal influenza years.
Influenza is obviously less contagious and it appears masks are responsible for the good flu year.
No doubt masks work well against a myriad of things you do not want to inhale.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Since mask usage was begin in the US the cases of influenza have dropped dramatically compared to a normal influenza years.
Influenza is obviously less contagious and it appears masks are responsible for the good flu year.
It is more likely social distances and improved hygiene that are making the difference.

Reactions: zoomzx11 and Big

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This could be like flying to a country and showing a covid test. It can be from many labs and countries, as going to the US now. So you show the form you got here, or any country that you are in fact vaccinated.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A good example is something that is in fact happening already. Even though no Covid Passports are here yet.

A number of cruise lines have announced plans to restart operations in the coming months, and some of those brands are requiring proof of a COVID-19 vaccine for passengers. Other brands are expected to follow suit but have not made announcements.

Reactions: cavok

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes - but when officials talk about 'passports' - it's some sort of App on your phone

I intend to carry my vaccination certification w/ my Passport

Reactions: SKY

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Orientals have wearing masks long, long, before Corvid appeared on the scene in the U.S. especially in college towns. There has never been a time (in the past 12 years ) that while shopping in a major food chain I have not seen the use of the mask by the students from China.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Orientals have wearing masks long, long, before Corvid appeared on the scene in the U.S. especially in college towns. There has never been a time (in the past 12 years ) that while shopping in a major food chain I have not seen the use of the mask by the students from China.
And any statistics that show how the Orientals wearing masks do against the others with none?