COVID Passport Discussion

Big

Apr 24, 2019
business people (the airlines and such) are more inclined to not require a medical passport , gubmint employees like the idea as they get paid if the bus is packed or has one person on it. Hence public school teacher don't want to go back to work cuz they are still getting paid anyway.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
As expected by many, the US government has just given cover for US airlines and others to forego the idea of a "Vaccine Passport."

"The government is not now, nor will we be supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential."

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2So be it,
Yet countries, airlines and States have different rules.
Of course, ingress and egress depends on the rules of every government, and airlines may deny boarding.
Yet within the US air travel is supposedly up to 75% of pre-covid levels.
In Canada air travel is down 90%.
Boris in the UK is happy with open pubs.
The DR is still struggling to get sufficient international tourism.
Happy days like the UK is what the DR is hoping for, right?
fe7b4d79-604f-4bc8-9874-babc7af991fc_w920_r1.5131863380890618_fpx59.46_fpy49.98.jpg

b1018049-e51a-423c-ae65-704e4fe2df54_w920_r1.5_fpx41.33_fpy50.jpg
ddf2274e-b9a8-463c-b5b1-27d5ce2d05a8_w920_r1.4930529478032295_fpx54.91_fpy49.99.jpg

Excelsior Pass​

Business owner scans resident’s digital health pass.

Be a Part of New York's Safe Reopening​

Excelsior Pass provides a free, fast and secure way to present digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.

Jan 9, 2004
Yet countries, airlines and States have different rules.
Yes they do.........and they are free to implement whatever rules they desire.....provided they stay within the law.

Of course, ingress and egress depends on the rules of every government, and airlines may deny boarding.
Yes it does..........and as I have stated and has now been announced by the US government;

"The government is not now, nor will we be supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential."

Yet within the US air travel is supposedly up to 75% of pre-covid levels.

Air travel in the US is up....way up.....the flight simulators at JetBlue University in Orlando are currently running 24/7 to re-certify furloughed staff.
In Canada air travel is down 90%.

Sadly, as confirmed by a client........Canada......or at least Quebec, is still in serious lock down.
Boris in the UK is happy with open pubs.
England has done quite a good job in offering vaccines to its population.............not so much the rest of Europe.
The DR is still struggling to get sufficient international tourism.
I think people will be surprised at the tourism numbers beginning in June................not pre-pandemic numbers........but impressive enough.
Excelsior Pass

Business owner scans resident’s digital health pass.

Be a Part of New York's Safe Reopening​

Excelsior Pass provides a free, fast and secure way to present digital proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test results.

New York Excelsior Pass is voluntary and while I expect some places will require it..............the rest will not.

Respectfully,
playacaribe2

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Yes they do.........and they are free to implement whatever rules they desire.....provided they stay within the law.

Yes it does..........and as I have stated and has now been announced by the US government;

Air travel in the US is up....way up.....the flight simulators at JetBlue University in Orlando are currently running 24/7 to re-certify furloughed staff.

Sadly, as confirmed by a client........Canada......or at least Quebec, is still in serious lock down.

England has done quite a good job in offering vaccines to its population.............not so much the rest of Europe.

I think people will be surprised at the tourism numbers beginning in June................not pre-pandemic numbers........but impressive enough.

New York Excelsior Pass is voluntary and while I expect some places will require it..............the rest will not.

Respectfully,
playacaribe2
I agree on all of your comments.

At the moment the hope for DR tourism is the US and Canada if it can get going.
I am weary of Latin tourism, because of high infection rates and a minimum of inoculations.

Amazing how Canadian air lines and travel industry can survive at all.
EU citizens will largely stick to the Mediterranean, hopefully they may travel to the DR in winter.
Canada has to get the situation under control, and eliminate prohibitive entry requirements.
No covid hotel and return travel direct to home destination.

Boris opening pubs is a political feel good move, pretending normalcy- hope it plays out well.

Personally I hope many people do get vaccinated, I am happy/lucky with my Pfizer inoculation.
Of course, long term a lot remains to be learned about vaccine efficacy, re-vaccinations and variants.
The world economy has to get re-started ASAP- even hough there have been some well positioned money makers.

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I agree on all of your comments.

At the moment the hope for DR tourism is the US and Canada if it can get going.
I am weary of Latin tourism, because of high infection rates and a minimum of inoculations.

Amazing how Canadian air lines and travel industry can survive at all.
EU citizens will largely stick to the Mediterranean, hopefully they may travel to the DR in winter.
Canada has to get the situation under control, and eliminate prohibitive entry requirements.
No covid hotel and return travel direct to home destination.

Boris opening pubs is a political feel good move, pretending normalcy- hope it plays out well.

Personally I hope many people do get vaccinated, I am happy/lucky with my Pfizer inoculation.
Of course, long term a lot remains to be learned about vaccine efficacy, re-vaccinations and variants.
The world economy has to get re-started ASAP- even hough there have been some well positioned money makers.

Turns out you can actually avoid paying for the hotel quarantine upon return to Canada.
Just say you're too broke to pay for it.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I believe that other governments will eventually relax their rules. Tests will likely remain for the foreseeable future, quarantines will also remain in some countries for the time being.

Cruise lines certainly will be problematic............as they have shown to be in the past with mysterious outbreaks involving Legionnaires disease etc. They will likely continue to require a certificate of vaccination to travel.............

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
April 25 2021

The E.U. May Soon Welcome American Tourists Again. Here’s What to Know.​

The head of the European Commission said the bloc was working to allow vaccinated visitors from the U.S. this summer. Questions remain about how and when that might happen.
BRUSSELS — A yearlong ban on all but the most essential travel from the United States to the European Union may be lifted soon, just in time for summer vacation.

In an interview with The New York Times on Sunday, Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, said she would put forward a policy proposal for the union’s 27 member states to accept visitors who have received E.U.-approved vaccines, paving the way for a reopening of travel.

“The Americans, as far as I can see, use European Medicines Agency-approved vaccines,” Ms. von der Leyen said. “This will enable free movement and the travel to the European Union.”
In her initial comments, Ms. von der Leyen did not offer a timeline or offer details on how tourism would be enabled. But her public comments suggest that the European Commission will officially recommend the change in travel policy soon.

For Germany, the Dominican Republic is not a risk area for Covid-19 April 24 2021​

At the press conference held at the Ministry of Tourism, the authorities highlighted that Germany gave its citizens the green light to travel to the Dominican Republic due to the protocols that this Caribbean nation manages against Covid-19.

Germany represents 270,000 tourists a year and 15% of Samaná’s tourism, so Collado appreciated the measure taken by the European country. At the same time, Pellet asked that the provisions continue to be implemented because this decision was a vote of confidence.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
The US may never require a vaccine passport, but it looks like the EU is moving forward on requiring tourists who want to travel to Europe to have proof of vaccination and apply for a "Digital Green Certificate". I wouldn't be surprised if other countries follow:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As for the US:
"The government is not now, nor will we be, supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential," Psaki said in April.

During the briefing Monday, though, Psaki defended the CDC’s new guidance, saying that it "provides information to the public about what they can do to be safe."

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
As for the US:
"The government is not now, nor will we be, supporting a system that requires Americans to carry a credential," Psaki said in April.

During the briefing Monday, though, Psaki defended the CDC’s new guidance, saying that it "provides information to the public about what they can do to be safe."
What the US does is only of concern to US citizens which are 4.23 percent of the world population.
How many of those will travel internationally?

The receptive countries such as the DR will decide on ingress requirements.
The fact that many in the US refuse to be inoculated because of emotions, opinions, not because of scientific resons
And the fact that people don't have to wear masks just stating that they have been inoculated no proof necessary,
Does make the arrival of US tourists in receptive counties an unsafe practise.
Of course the DR with very few international flights arriving and many hotels closed, is welcoming anyone because they need tourism revenues.

As for international travel, it remains to be seen what future requirements for air travel and arrivals will be depending on each counties regulations.
The EU is developing a vaccine certificate for travel, but no clear rules yet.

2ce383a4-6370-4d72-a476-7285e957adfb_w948_r1.77_fpx68.67_fpy55.01.jpg

Reactions: Tarheel

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
What the US does is only of concern to US citizens which are 4.23 percent of the world population.
How many of those will travel internationally?

The receptive countries such as the DR will decide on ingress requirements.
The fact that many in the US refuse to be inoculated because of emotions, opinions, not because of scientific resons
And the fact that people don't have to wear masks just stating that they have been inoculated no proof necessary,
Does make the arrival of US tourists in receptive counties an unsafe practise.
Of course the DR with very few international flights arriving and many hotels closed, is welcoming anyone because they need tourism revenues.

As for international travel, it remains to be seen what future requirements for air travel and arrivals will be depending on each counties regulations.
The EU is developing a vaccine certificate for travel, but no clear rules yet.

View attachment 4466

The US is a cash cow for the DR. They will never require some stupid vax passport.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Until our Sinovac (NOT Sinopharm) vaccine is approved more widely....

Our vaccinations are 'whistling Dixie' !! Passport or no = NO GO JOE !!!

WHO has it under review now.... that will help

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
The US is a cash cow for the DR. They will never require some stupid vax passport.
You got that right.
"Of course the DR with very few international flights arriving and many hotels closed, is welcoming anyone because they need tourism revenues."
Rather being angry at "stupid" vax passports, you should be angry at "stupid" covid.

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I love the part about the "safe" reopening of New York, lol, good stuff.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You got that right.
"Of course the DR with very few international flights arriving and many hotels closed, is welcoming anyone because they need tourism revenues."
Rather being angry at "stupid" vax passports, you should be angry at "stupid" covid.
Or you can just be angry with the idiots who continue pushing this narrative. I've been vaccinated for a variety of different viruses in my life time and not once has anyone, any airline or government ever requested I show or prove a vaccination prior to my departure or upon my arrival to my destination of choice in almost 30 years of international travel and there is no reason for it now other than FEAR MONGERING.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
You got that right.

Yea, I'm angry at the Chinese gov't for not doing anything about it. Lot of good that will do.

And since I never want to go to Europe, the vax passport won't affect me.

Reactions: ALLOR925 and Big