Covid test entering Airport Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
It is better to get the test to leave at a private lab I think. Where are they staying? People on DR1 know where to get tests easily in all parts of the country. I only know Punta Cana (or La Romana).

If they specifically want to get the test at Las Americas, maybe someone will know about that. But, to wait until the day of their flight out s risky. You can get it up to three days before the day of the flight out to the US. That way you have the results in your hand and you don't have to worry about it when you are getting ready to leave.

Reactions: thompstr

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Jan, if you are asking about the Covid test to return to the US, I think that it can be obtained at a Referencia lab.

As Franco said, the DR, at this time, does not require a test to enter the country.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
I know specific places in Punta Cana. Referencia is one of them. (Or La Romana). I have had about six tests to leave to go to US since they started to require it so I have experience with it. PCR and antigen both. Only antigen is required to return to US. About $50 usd most places.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Jan, if you are asking about the Covid test to return to the US, I think that it can be obtained at a Referencia lab.

As Franco said, the DR, at this time, does not require a test to enter the country.
Yes, Referencia is well known and recommended by many.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Test aren't required to enter but going forward good luck after monday eating dinner out or checking into a hotel if you don't have a test negative or vax card with two shots. Labs are gonna make a small windfall with this one.

Please tell as many people as you know on which ever social media platforms you use, about these new restrictions. Let them see a spike in cancellations and they will start making exemptions for tourist when it starts effecting their bottom line.

#spreadtheword

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I came in today SDQ airport, quite a few people, myself included, were directed to a line where taking the Covid test was mandatory. You weren't given a choice, vaccinated or not.
It's too bad they didn't start doing this a year and a half ago.
Better late than never.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Random rapid tests have been used at PUJ for more than a year. FInger prick. So, in that respect you might be chosen for a test I guess at SDQ also. They started this at PUJ after they realized a negative covid test for arrival was too complicated or something (negative test was required for a short time long ago). One time I was among the first ten to enter the terminal from the plane and we all had to do the test. Later trips, they were talking to people in the line waiting to pass immigration. They sent some people to a separate area for a test. More recently I have not seen it.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I posted this on another thread, but you might miss it, as it seems important to you.

In this sense, through resolution DJ-0032/21, it establishes that "the presentation of vaccination cards to passengers arriving in the Dominican Republic will not be required," in accordance with the protocols approved by the Civil Aviation Board. . “To enter the hotels and services offered within these and the hotel complexes to their guests, it will not be necessary to present the vaccination card against Covid-19, as well as the negative PCR test, established in Resolution No. .00048, dated October eight (8), 2021, issued by the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance ”, says the resolution in point three.
I

Reactions: cavok

ejl293

May 29, 2012
I flew into POP on Wednesday. I was chosen to have a test done. It was random, maybe every 10-15 passengers.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
To resume. To enter to DR is not necesary a covid test, but can be pick up from line as ramdon covid test for arrivals and its for free. There are 22 countries that is mandatory to have PCR test to enter to DR like coming from Brazil for example. USA is not in the list that is mandatory to have PCR test to come here.

To depart from DR to USA is mandatory to have PCR test or antigen test. Most of people pick up antigen test because is cheaper than PCR and is also acepted.

Where you can make it? Referencia Lab, Amadita Lab, they have diferent locations in Santo Domingo and other provinces. Do not forget to take with you when going to give the sample blood for the test your passport and your airline itinerary, will be required prior to take the sample blood. Without it they will refuse to do it.

Reactions: aarhus
Status
Not open for further replies.