Covid test entering Airport Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
To resume. To enter to DR is not necesary a covid test, but can be pick up from line as ramdon covid test for arrivals and its for free. There are 22 countries that is mandatory to have PCR test to enter to DR like coming from Brazil for example. USA is not in the list that is mandatory to have PCR test to come here.

To depart from DR to USA is mandatory to have PCR test or antigen test. Most of people pick up antigen test because is cheaper than PCR and is also acepted.

Where you can make it? Referencia Lab, Amadita Lab, they have diferent locations in Santo Domingo and other provinces. Do not forget to take with you when going to give the sample blood for the test your passport and your airline itinerary, will be required prior to take the sample blood. Without it they will refuse to do it.
Is it the same for me if I as a resident of the DR and Esta Visa Waiwer traveller was to travel to the US from DR and back ?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Is it the same for me if I as a resident of the DR and Esta Visa Waiwer traveller was to travel to the US from DR and back ?
Anyone going to the US must comply. This is a US law, has nothing to do with the DR. Coming back to the DR you do not need a test.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Anyone going to the US must comply. This is a US law, has nothing to do with the DR. Coming back to the DR you do not need a test.
Of course. I was thinking I had to provide more as a visitor to the US. Vaccination maybe ?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Of course. I was thinking I had to provide more as a visitor to the US. Vaccination maybe ?
This just came in today, Monday. Changes in US arrival rules.

A U.S. flag is reflected on the floor as passengers make their way through Reagan National Airport in Washington, U.S., July 1, 2016. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque/File Photo

The White House confirmed that children under 18 are exempt from the new vaccine requirements as are people with some medical issues. Non-tourist travelers from about 50 countries with nationwide vaccination rates of less than 10% will also be eligible for exemption from the rules. Those receiving an exemption will generally need to be vaccinated if they intend to remain in the United States for more than 60 days.

The White House first disclosed on Sept. 20 it would remove restrictions in early November for fully vaccinated air travelers from 33 countries.
The Biden administration also detailed requirements airlines must follow to confirm foreign travelers have been vaccinated before boarding U.S.-bound flights.

One concern among U.S. officials and airlines is making sure foreign travelers are aware of the new vaccine rules that will take effect in just two weeks.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is issuing on Monday new contact tracing rules requiring airlines to collect information from international air passengers as needed "to follow up with travelers who have been exposed to COVID-19 variants or other pathogens."

The CDC said this month it would accept any vaccine authorized for use by U.S. regulators or the World Health Organization and will accept mixed-dose coronavirus vaccines from travelers.
Foreign air travelers will need to provide vaccination documentation from an "official source" and airlines must confirm the last dose was at least two weeks earlier than the travel date.

International air travelers will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of departure. The White House said unvaccinated Americans and foreign nationals receiving exemptions will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours of departing.

Reactions: cavok and OldSkool

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
This just came in today, Monday. Changes in US arrival rules.

I had heard some rumors about this. The US accepts Sinovac I believe. Anybody with experience validating the vax card?. I imagine I renew my ESTA waiwer online and maybe upload vax card for approval.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I had heard some rumors about this. The US accepts Sinovac I believe. Anybody with experience validating the vax card?. I imagine I renew my ESTA waiwer online and maybe upload vax card for approval.
US does accept Sinovac. Looks like US citzens only need the negative test.

Foreign air travelers will need to provide vaccination documentation from an "official source" and airlines must confirm the last dose was at least two weeks earlier than the travel date.

International air travelers will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of departure. The White House said unvaccinated Americans and foreign nationals receiving exemptions will need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 24 hours of departing.

Reactions: OldSkool and aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
US does accept Sinovac. Looks like US citzens only need the negative test.

I will do some more research on how the Pfizer is administered here and if I feel comfortable with it get the booster within two weeks before my US trip.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
I will do some more research on how the Pfizer is administered here and if I feel comfortable with it get the booster within two weeks before my US trip.
I already have almost 3 months I took the booster from Pfizer, all is fine. I know from people traveling to Europe have the first 2 doses from Sinovac they also took the booster from Pfizer and later take 2nd dose fro pfizer too.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I already have almost 3 months I took the booster from Pfizer, all is fine. I know from people traveling to Europe have the first 2 doses from Sinovac they also took the booster from Pfizer and later take 2nd dose fro pfizer too.
Yes, I have both Sinovac plus the Pfizer booster and am debating on getting the second Pfizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.