Covid: Zero Dominican deaths in 4 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Back last March/April Sinovac was the only vax available - I have had 3
Never been sick ------ touch wood !!
What astonishes me is for someone to come on this board and say that Sinovac is a Placebo. This vaccine is approved by the World Health Organization, and also by the U.S. for entry. I understand that some people do NOT live here like we do and see the good that this vaccine did for the Dominican Republic. But to continually knock something that in effect opened up the DR is just poor form for anyone on this board..........

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I had my 2 shots of Sinovac on March 6 and April 6 of 2021. It was all that was available. When I returned to Canada I had 2 shots of Pfizer as Sinovac was still not recognized by Canada. It is now.

For the people on this forum that continue to knock and bash Sinovac and all the other vaccines that is your option and opinion. But when you get whatever variant of Covid, do not take a hospital bed from someone that has an actual illness or needs surgery as your fellow conspiracy theorists will get you through the covid.

If by now you do not get or understand the science of what is going on then the herd should be thinned by at least you.

David Price

Dec 3, 2015
Indianapolis, In.
I BELIEVE THE REAL ISSUE IS EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINIONS BUT THE VACCINE DOESNT STOP ANYTHING, IT JUST HELPS YOU NOT GET AS SICK, YOU CAN STILL CONTRACT IT, CARRY IT, AND TRANSMIT IT. THE IVERMECTIN, HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE WILL RID YOU OF IT AFTER CONTRACT IT. THESE DIFFERENT STRAINS AND BOOSTERS WILL GO ON FOREVER IF WE ALL KEEP PLAYING THE GAME. FAUCI WAS EITHER LYING OR DIDNT KNOW, BUT HE WAS WRONG ABOUT THE MASKS FROM THE START AND ALOT OF OTHER THINGS, OR WHEN YOUR LYING, SOMETIMES YOU FORGET WHAT YOU SAID AND THE STORY CHANGES. I USED ALL THESE MASKS FOR 27 YEARS ON MY JOB AND HE WAS JUST PLAIN WRONG ABOUT THEIR USES AND EFFECTIVENESS

Reactions: jd426

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I BELIEVE THE REAL ISSUE IS EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINIONS BUT THE VACCINE DOESNT STOP ANYTHING, IT JUST HELPS YOU NOT GET AS SICK, YOU CAN STILL CONTRACT IT, CARRY IT, AND TRANSMIT IT. THE IVERMECTIN, HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE WILL RID YOU OF IT AFTER CONTRACT IT. THESE DIFFERENT STRAINS AND BOOSTERS WILL GO ON FOREVER IF WE ALL KEEP PLAYING THE GAME. FAUCI WAS EITHER LYING OR DIDNT KNOW, BUT HE WAS WRONG ABOUT THE MASKS FROM THE START AND ALOT OF OTHER THINGS, OR WHEN YOUR LYING, SOMETIMES YOU FORGET WHAT YOU SAID AND THE STORY CHANGES. I USED ALL THESE MASKS FOR 27 YEARS ON MY JOB AND HE WAS JUST PLAIN WRONG ABOUT THEIR USES AND EFFECTIVENESS
How did Fauci lie about the masks based upon your experience?

I have always thought they do little unless they are N95s worn properly.

Reactions: jd426

David Price

Dec 3, 2015
Indianapolis, In.
Either he didnt know what they were ,or he lied. the blue DR. and Nurse type wil stop airborne particulate which is what we used them for.Dust that is airborn and floats around lighter than air. He said they would only protect other people. I can assure you, if they stopped particulate, they would surely stop airborn droplets. And the n-95's are not made for prolonged use. Breathing through them plugged them up and made them useless.

Reactions: bob saunders

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
And don't forget the elephant in the room: How many persons use the same mask over and over again?

I don't believe anyone is using a mask only once and tossing it.

Reactions: Gadfly

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Either he didnt know what they were ,or he lied. the blue DR. and Nurse type wil stop airborne particulate which is what we used them for.Dust that is airborn and floats around lighter than air. He said they would only protect other people. I can assure you, if they stopped particulate, they would surely stop airborn droplets. And the n-95's are not made for prolonged use. Breathing through them plugged them up and made them useless.

N95 Masks only protect the USER.. NOT PEOPLE AROUND YOU ... EVER

They Rapidly and through an OPENING EXPEL YOUR DIRTY AIR .. YOUR INFECTED AIR ,if you are Positive ..
ALL such masks work this way . especially .. Dust Masks the EXIT of which is a round RUBBER gasket ,which goes WIDE OPEN when you exhale .
and then SEALS when you INHALE
Many people were also using these masks as well ..

Not sure if you are agreeing with this or trying to claim the opposite .

The Rubber band rectangle Masks people use , are complete Trash , they do almost nothing , except maybe stopping your SPIT when you talk from hitting others .. but your NOSE is still breathing in Dirty Air .
So in fact THOSE masks COULD protect others ,if you are a sloppy person who spits a lot .. but not Vapor . On a Cold Day outside anyone with half a Brain could test this and see it clear as day ..the vapor is suspended in the air and can go many feet ..
Watch someone VAPING , when they Exhale , it demonstrates this as clear as can possibly be .

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
People are towing the line because it makes them feel safer. Whether or not it actually prevents them from dying will be the subject of heated debates for years to come. Which really comes down to one thing and one thing only... their overall health. Love it or hate it, that's a fact.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
People are towing the line because it makes them feel safer. Whether or not it actually prevents them from dying will be the subject of heated debates for years to come. Which really comes down to one thing and one thing only... their overall health. Love it or hate it, that's a fact.

Some of it is and was GENETIC though ... some very healthy people died in the beginning ... This is according to people who actually worked in the Hospitals and saw it with their own eyes .. 30 year olds in Picture Perfect Health, dropping .
but some of this was also due to the fact that they did not know HOW to Treat is .. .Ventilators were WRONG in many cases .
Which is why some of us kept saying " back when it was actually SCARY to get Covid" and go to the Hospital .

What we have now are very weak Variants .. how people cant grasp this is beyond me .

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
And don't forget the elephant in the room: How many persons use the same mask over and over again?

I don't believe anyone is using a mask only once and tossing it.
I bought 100 KN95 masks a few months ago for a little over $100 and change them often. Probably wear a mask for about 30 minutes per week and scrap them weekly. Wish everything about covid were as easy to understand as masking, because the professionals who act like snake oil salesmen hardly ever give me any confidence in them. I find Dr. Scott Gottlieb is by far the best of the lot.

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
N95 Masks only protect the USER.. NOT PEOPLE AROUND YOU ... EVER

They Rapidly and through an OPENING EXPEL YOUR DIRTY AIR .. YOUR INFECTED AIR ,if you are Positive ..
ALL such masks work this way . especially .. Dust Masks the EXIT of which is a round RUBBER gasket ,which goes WIDE OPEN when you exhale .
and then SEALS when you INHALE
Many people were also using these masks as well ..

Not sure if you are agreeing with this or trying to claim the opposite .

The Rubber band rectangle Masks people use , are complete Trash , they do almost nothing , except maybe stopping your SPIT when you talk from hitting others .. but your NOSE is still breathing in Dirty Air .
So in fact THOSE masks COULD protect others ,if you are a sloppy person who spits a lot .. but not Vapor . On a Cold Day outside anyone with half a Brain could test this and see it clear as day ..the vapor is suspended in the air and can go many feet ..
Watch someone VAPING , when they Exhale , it demonstrates this as clear as can possibly be .
If you go to HomeDepot and your lucky enough to buy a contractor N95 Mask....
then what you say is true.

These are dust mask. They are only meant to protect the user.
They have a plastic/rubber one way value that allow the contractor to breath in filtered air (through the N95 mask) and expel (through the valve) your exhausted air.

This is great for a contractor working in a dusty environment. Just you and the dust.

In is... filtered
Out is... though the one way value.

They are NOT CoViD rated N95 masks. These are just 3M expanding their (pre-CoViD) market

CoViD rated N95 masks have NO value and are (supposed to) fit very, very tight to your face
(very uncomfortable)

You also touched on Surgical Masks.

They were designed to keep the Surgeon's Spit (what ever) from the patient.

I agree....
If you are coughing.... not too bad.
If you are just breathing.... useless
If worn on your chin (only).... annoying to everyone else

Reactions: LuzMaria

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
I bought 100 KN95 masks a few months ago for a little over $100 and change them often. Probably wear a mask for about 30 minutes per week and scrap them weekly. Wish everything about covid were as easy to understand as masking, because the professionals who act like snake oil salesmen hardly ever give me any confidence in them. I find Dr. Scott Gottlieb is by far the best of the lot.
Our masks...

I'm old and retired so.... hand made.

We went to a Thrift Store and bought the finest, high thread count, men's dress shirt.

My Wife sewed two two layer masks for us. It includes a 14Ga Copper wire around the nose.

I went to HomeDepot and bought a HEPA quality Furnace filter. Enough for a 100 masks = $20

I cut the HEPA Filter to fit inside the mask.

Every week We wash our masks and replace the HEPA Filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.