CPS has become unreliable

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Can I ask about rates? I pay CPS US$ 1 per pound in weight. How does that compare to others? It's a discounted rate I get, much lower than their published rates, but I do ship quite a lot.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Can I ask about rates? I pay CPS US$ 1 per pound in weight. How does that compare to others? It's a discounted rate I get, much lower than their published rates, but I do ship quite a lot.
You can not get that rate elsewhere. It's closer to 200 pesod/pound. But CPS had a 1lb minimum others charge less for under a pound.
To me it makes no difference because if they lose your expensive and needed items the cost and lost time far outweighs any good rate. And they lose a lot.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
You can not get that rate elsewhere. It's closer to 200 pesod/pound. But CPS had a 1lb minimum others charge less for under a pound.
To me it makes no difference because if they lose your expensive and needed items the cost and lost time far outweighs any good rate. And they lose a lot.

I've never had an item lost by CPS to be honest.

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
BMCargo is significantly less expensive than CPS here in Bavaro...They quietly raised their rates to 249/lb and BMCargo is less

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
I have used CPS in Sosua since they opened as their customer service from Carlos and Elizabeth was excellent and they were setting the standards on the north coast as far as customer service was concerned. Then after several successful years they moved down to La Romana and from there the service started deteriorating. They had a great assistant working there, Cathy. She was always so attentive but then she left and the staff they have now are really not that good anymore. They also changed the payment system for those using credit cards for parcels over a certain amount, (can't remember the amount but I think that it is about 4000 pesos). You go to their office and then they send you a link to your whatsapp to pay through Azul. But that system only works if you have internet on your phone whilst you are there! More and more people like myself have been using their cards during Covid so that they don't have to handle cash. I receive about 200 packages a year minimum and have been faithful to CPS but last month I switched to EPS in Sosua. A much better service, super friendly staff, a much better app for your phone that constantly keeps you updated on where your packages are and they are approximately U$1 per pound cheaper than CPS even after all the added taxes and fees. They also charge by ounces so small packages are really cheap in comparison to CPS that will charge for a full pound. As far as timing is concerned, I know that most companies in the DR are having time delays but EPS seem to deliver the packages faster than CPS. Their location is not very convenient as it is directly on Pedro Clisante and trying to find a parking space at any time of the day is difficult. I usually play it safe and park in Playero as I usually go during my lunch break and even the little car park by Tropical is usually full at that time. I am much happier with EPS and should have taken my friends advice and switched sooner as I would have saved a lot of money! CPS location at the Next gas station is very convenient for me as it is on the way home. The other thing I liked with CPS was that they are open until 6pm whereas EPS close at 5pm and so when you are working it is definitely more convenient if they were open until 6pm....but weighing out the pros and cons, cheaper parcels and better customer service winds it for me. Too bad about CPS, they had a very good company but there are so many other companies out there competing, CPS has fallen behind the rest of them.

Cabarete2014

Mar 30, 2014
Another source of frustration for me with CPS has been that they respond to my emails, about lost or delayed shipments, with some cryptic corporate line answers. Their focus is not to resolve your issue but to quickly respond to your emails with some nonsense. BTW, they never compensated me for the lost package.

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Another source of frustration for me with CPS has been that they respond to my emails, about lost or delayed shipments, with some cryptic corporate line answers. Their focus is not to resolve your issue but to quickly respond to your emails with some nonsense. BTW, they never compensated me for the lost package.
There is no offer of any real help

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Did any company ever compensate anyone for anything in DR?

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
Did any company ever compensate anyone for anything in DR?
Got a free SIM card at Claro one time....but other than that,,,its the gringo needs to pay..

And Tee is correct about Sosua under Carlos,,,was a great operation,,,he was always fair

But here in Bavaro, to pay over $5 to receive a stupid letter was my final straw..

Reactions: tee