Create tattoo Shop in DR

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I understand for the Capital but why not in Punta Cana ?

Where are your punters in Punta Cana?
Tourists? no chance, freaked out by the tales from the resorts.
Majority of traffic, Haitian, not big into tattoos, no money, very dark skin, no interest.
Retired residents? not much demand there, old wrinkly skin does not hold ink well anyway, especially in humidity.
Seasonal visitors? Why risk a tatt in DR when they are only in the country part time.
Workers, younger residents? already hooked up and very small demand.

There is nothing there for you.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
For what it s worth

Why not contact him?
I think he calls his business "Alan Tattoo".

As you are French you'd probably like the fact that LT has many French residents.

donP

I am pretty sure there is another tattoo artist who is Dominican in Las Terrenas, not sure about where his shop is located though.

That s a lot for a population who is not very much into tattoos.

Bonne chance !

Last edited:
May 29, 2006
I read somewhere that over half of all tattoo work now is fixing old tattoo work. Takes far more skill too. Geez, they even have a reality show about it now. One thing the DR isn't lacking is bad tattoos..

Lilia

Nov 2, 2014
I read somewhere that over half of all tattoo work now is fixing old tattoo work. Takes far more skill too. Geez, they even have a reality show about it now. One thing the DR isn't lacking is bad tattoos..

there are many american reality show like ink master, LA/miami ink etc but in DR the problem is they do not have training in health and safety, I don't even know if they know all the risks, many dominicans do tattoos "a lo loco"

May 29, 2006
Think I'll go out to Alberta
Weather's good there in the fall
Got some friends that I can go
A workin' for...

May 29, 2006
wnd_f842875086f9db1aeb90ac20270ee6df.jpg

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Hello,

My husband is Dominican tattooist in France (I'm french, sorry for my english :rolleyes:)
So we have the idea to open a tattoo shop in DR and offer other services in addition to tattoos.
He followed a hygiene training in France so it would be a shop with the european standard of hygiene
We believe that the best places would be punta cana or santo domingo ...

We saw that tattoos were beginning to grow in DR

What do you think of this kind of business ?
your opinions ?

thank you :classic:

If he's a good artist he will be successful. The tattoo parlors I've seen in the capital turn out garbage. Prison tats and bad tramp stamps.

May 29, 2006
The bad tattoo sites are a riot. I esp like when they have spelling errors. Someone did Trailer Park Boys.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i met a lady who was supplying (selling ) materials ink needles 3-4 years ago bis. is growing...

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
their is a hatian guy doing them but all he can do are those little boats in the harbor with the huge anchors and a big red moon .

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
If he's a good artist he will be successful. The tattoo parlors I've seen in the capital turn out garbage. Prison tats and bad tramp stamps.

Need to get about more, there are some good tattoo artists in DR especially SD these days.