Crime in the DR

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I loaded the end of a small umbrella, it doesn't open anymore but would be quite a deterrent without being as menacing as a walking stick.
Well okay to that. But ... I've seen several "religious" movies and they all had walking sticks.
Coolest one? 'Circle of Iron' with David Carridean.

Reactions: CristoRey

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I have been retired in the DR since 2003. I have all the time in the world not having to report to anyone since then.

I see that you don't understand what a logical fallacy is. A logical fallacy has nothing to to with the law, but instead is an improper thought process leading to erroneous conclusions. There is always time to learn something new, like how to think without using logical fallacy as a basis for conclusions as you do.

I fully understand what a logical fallacy is, and it's reference or definition plays no part within this thread line regarding "Crime in the DR", nor my prior assertion towards you regarding a court of law. The court of law reference was inserted due to the fact that most of your retaliatory postings resemble arguments that would be entered into the record by junior associates of DLA Piper and Clifford Chance, and my reluctance to participate within such contests of absolute boredom.
But yet, once again, you miss the point of an assertion because you can only see the world through your :cool:, which of course is your prerogative. As a person who has been sitting around for 18 years with not much to do, watching the sun rise and sun set every day could become stale after a while. This is understood, and is why I choose to keep myself busy. Thank goodness for Al Gore's internet.
I would love to continue, but time for me to catch a bird.
Enjoy your day, as you so see fit.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: johne and AlaPlaya

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I would love to continue, but time for me to catch a bird...
1612058548474.png

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Actually, I will be putting to use some home defense weaponry systems that several DR1 members have recommended to me.
I heartfully thank them (they know who they are), and the next couple of weeks will be adventurous to say the least.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I am reminded of a fellow who bought a house on the internet.

He decided to sell a few years later only to discover his title was bogus.

It get better

Getting ready to move
He called the movers..... they came and gave him an estimate - $10,000US
packed and shipped to the US

See you at 7am tomorrow morning
Owner went to the bank and the $$$

The owner went out for dinner and came home to find he had been robbed
$10K + passports.....
No travel for him & his wife

Sad story but true.....

I doubt that's the 1st time the $10k trick has worked for that mover

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I am reminded of a fellow who bought a house on the internet.

He decided to sell a few years later only to discover his title was bogus.

It get better

Getting ready to move
He called the movers..... they came and gave him an estimate - $10,000US
packed and shipped to the US

See you at 7am tomorrow morning
Owner went to the bank and the $$$

The owner went out for dinner and came home to find he had been robbed
$10K + passports.....
No travel for him & his wife

Sad story but true.....

I doubt that's the 1st time the $10k trick has worked for that mover
I have heard of stories just like that before...If people know you have that kind of cash in your house.....

Big

Apr 24, 2019
No shortage of women like this down here.
those mouth breathing scoundrels are not very smart. In a town where you can pay someone to get some revenge for cheap the victim has probably seen them before and knows where to find them

Reactions: Garyexpat

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
I am a 60 year old white American man who is going to stay with friends in a small village in northern DR. Somewhat south of Puerto Plata.

Basically I'm wondering, am I going to get killed?

I was in the DR for two weeks two and a half years ago. I really traveled on shoestring, taking the regular buses, getting rides on the back of motorcycles from guys who didn't know where we were going, staying in low cost youth hostels. I never felt in any way threatened.

I was shuttling between Santo Domingo and the Punta Cana area, getting lost on the streets of Santo Domingo late at night, etc. Everything seemed fine.

I am somewhat imposing looking 185 cm 90 kilo broad shoulders I work out a lot, however I'm not a giant bulked up weightlifter by any means.
Friends?

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Well okay to that. But ... I've seen several "religious" movies and they all had walking sticks.
Coolest one? 'Circle of Iron' with David Carridean.
I have always liked the English walking sticks ...with the sword inside........