Criminal Record Checks

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
From the Dominican Embassy in Canada

The residence visa is the first step to obtain the residence card in the Dominican Republic. It can be obtained in approximately three months. The Ministry recommends that the process be begun prior to the person arriving in the DR, although it can also be carried out once the person is in the country.

1. Letter of application addressed to the consul or the Minister of Foreign Relations (in case the person is already in the DR), signed by the applicant or legal representative. The letter of request can be issued by an individual or a company and should contain the following:

a) When the application is filled out by an individual: individual's name, nationality, place of residence, and the activity to which the applicant is or will be dedicated in the country. If the application is filled out by a company, in addition to the data on the applicant, the request should be made on company stationary, and signed by the highest ranking officer of the company, indicating the position the applicant will hold.
b) Indication of the ties to the country, that can be any of the following:

1-b) Dominican by origin
2-b) Married to a Dominican
3-b) Have a work contract, legalized by the Ministry of Labour
4-b) Proof of economic solvency (investor, retiree)

2.- Form 509-Ref, duly completed and signed by the applicant, to be submitted with the other documents to the Ministry of Foreign Relations.

3.- Certificate of Good Conduct issued in the jurisdiction of origin. If the beneficiary has been more than three months in the country, it needs to be issued by the competent local judicial authority.

4.- Medical Health Certificate. Issued in the jurisdiction of origin. If the applicant has been living more than three months in the country, a recent medical certificate should be presented, legalized by the Ministry of Public Health (SESPAS).

5.- Three front view 2"x2" photographs.

6.- Birth Certificate.

7.- Certificate of the Department of Migration with proof of the last entry of the person to the country and copy of the Tourist Card.

8. Two photocopies of the applicant's complete passport.

Observations:

1. All documents received from abroad need to be legalized by the Dominican consulate in the corresponding jurisdiction.
2. All documents need to be presented in original and four copies with the exception of the passport.
3. The passport needs to be valid for a minimum of three months after having been deposited for the visa.
4. If the application includes the spouse, a marriage certificate should be included.
5. Minors are exempt from the Good Conduct Certificate requirement.

Investment Residence Program

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
The residence visa is the first step to obtain the residence card in the Dominican Republic. It can be obtained in approximately three months. The Ministry recommends that the process be begun prior to the person arriving in the DR, although it can also be carried out once the person is in the country.

1. Letter of application addressed to the consul or the Minister of Foreign Relations (in case the person is already in the DR), signed by the applicant or legal representative. The letter of request can be issued by an individual or a company and should contain the following:

a) When the application is filled out by an individual: individual's name, nationality, place of residence, and the activity to which the applicant is or will be dedicated in the country. If the application is filled out by a company, in addition to the data on the applicant, the request should be made on company stationary, and signed by the highest ranking officer of the company, indicating the position the applicant will hold.
b) Indication of the ties to the country, that can be any of the following:

1-b) Dominican by origin
2-b) Married to a Dominican
3-b) Have a work contract, legalized by the Ministry of Labour
4-b) Proof of economic solvency (investor, retiree)

2.- Form 509-Ref, duly completed and signed by the applicant, to be submitted with the other documents to the Ministry of Foreign Relations.

3.- Certificate of Good Conduct issued in the jurisdiction of origin. If the beneficiary has been more than three months in the country, it needs to be issued by the competent local judicial authority.

4.- Medical Health Certificate. Issued in the jurisdiction of origin. If the applicant has been living more than three months in the country, a recent medical certificate should be presented, legalized by the Ministry of Public Health (SESPAS).

5.- Three front view 2"x2" photographs.

6.- Birth Certificate.

7.- Certificate of the Department of Migration with proof of the last entry of the person to the country and copy of the Tourist Card.

8. Two photocopies of the applicant's complete passport.

Observations:

1. All documents received from abroad need to be legalized by the Dominican consulate in the corresponding jurisdiction.
2. All documents need to be presented in original and four copies with the exception of the passport.
3. The passport needs to be valid for a minimum of three months after having been deposited for the visa.
4. If the application includes the spouse, a marriage certificate should be included.
5. Minors are exempt from the Good Conduct Certificate requirement.

Investment Residence Program

There is no need to obtain a residency visa in order to apply for provisional residency; you can perfectly do so while visiting the Dominican Republic on a tourist card, tourist visa or business visa.

mezclado

Nov 1, 2008
$900 or less !!

I've noticed something odd.

Certain individuals on this forum deliberately quote (or invent) a very high lawyer fee for obtaining provisional residency.

I'm sure they have an interest in doing so .. (right Fisher ?)

But i know the going rate is $900 U.S. and even less.

I already know of a couple immigration lawyers that charge an "all-inclusive" fee of $900 U.S.

But if you could provide me with another name, i'd greatly appreciate-it, as i want to shop around for the lawyer i feel is the best for me.

So if you are to discreet to post their name and address here, could you please send me a private message telling me all their information, and if they too are "all-inclusives" ?

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
In addition to the local "Certificate of Good Conduct", if the applicant is in the D.R., or the declaration from the police of the applicant's jurisdiction, if the applicant is abroad, applicants are also checked with the Interpol.

I have a question I am hoping you may be able to help. Is it possible for someone who is a US citizen and not a resident of dominican republic with no cedula number get a certificate of good conduct or no police record?

For the last 2 years I have been living in dominican republic while waiting for my wife to get her immigrant visa. We just got an apartment in Puerto Rico and I am applying for Act 60 tax decree and they want a certificate of no criminal record from the place I last resided which is dominican republic, but I am technically not a citizen or have any legal status other than tourist. Can I get this somehow?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I guess you are in puerto rico now or have been there recently, so you left and entered the DR.
If not and you are here sine 2 yeqrs permanently without residency, your immigrations status here is illegal and no such papers be issued to you. If your immigrations status is legal, the you can get such paper with your valid passport.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have a question I am hoping you may be able to help. Is it possible for someone who is a US citizen and not a resident of dominican republic with no cedula number get a certificate of good conduct or no police record?

For the last 2 years I have been living in dominican republic while waiting for my wife to get her immigrant visa. We just got an apartment in Puerto Rico and I am applying for Act 60 tax decree and they want a certificate of no criminal record from the place I last resided which is dominican republic, but I am technically not a citizen or have any legal status other than tourist. Can I get this somehow?

During that two year period did you also have an American address?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

From the DR? I don't see how that is possible with you being an illegal immigrant here.

torontiago

Dec 14, 2013

It is possible. I did it a few years ago for a job I had at a call center in Santiago. I was technically illegal but noone cared. They just check your passport against their system if youve been involved in any incidents or not. Very simple.