Crypto mogul John McAfee arrested in Dominican Republic (Puerto Plata}

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Conchman

Odd...sailed from Canada to the east end of Cuba....solo. No gun, knife, a baseball bat. Never saw the need.

you never have the need, until you need it. Anybody who captains a boat in latitudes South of Florida knows this.

E

Estrelleta44

HAHAHAHA Hes enjoying his DGM jail cell right now , Soon to be deported to the US.
He thought that Dominicans being friendly meant he was a free man. Why would authorities tell him he was going to be deported beforehand? might as well string him along while he believes hes free. Good job by the DR authorities.
https://twitter.com/officialmcafee

I gotta admit hes a pretty smart guy as he had a card under his sleeve all along, he avoided being deported to the US by using his UK citizenship and negotiating being deported to London instead.

B

Big

He's a colorful individual to say the least

complete opposite of a nerdy Bill Gates type. My prediction is that he will be picked up in a few months and get a little jail time since he didn't hurt anyone in the U.S. Uncle sugar will take more of his assets and he will be back to selling his software apps and conspiracy theories.

C

Cortez

yes Mc affe......I thinks hes a very sick person ...like in his head, and a pathological liar without limits.... he has 47 children?....he has never filed USA income tax forms, and he stated not filing is no crime.... and running for President in the USA at the same time...the murder of his neighbor in Belize is unsolved(due to large withdrawals form his bank account)....I think the US government will have a fun time with him when they catch him... and not a 4 day stay, but for years......

C

Chirimoya

I hope the dogs are well-cared for too but he comes across as an unhinged megalomaniac.

L

ljmesg

The DR held his dogs. He is not happy. Has anyone seen them at Playa Alicia yet[emoji41]

Why keep his dogs?

C

cobraboy

I hope the dogs are well-cared for too but he comes across as an unhinged megalomaniac.
A genius unhinged megalomaniac.

Almost a comic book villian. He just needs a lair on a volcanic island with an undersea submarine port entrance.

C

Cortez

Almost a comic book villian. He just needs a lair on a volcanic island with an undersea submarine port entrance.

yes all that will be needed.....when he helps Cuba avoid the embargo of the USA....He will need all that just to hide..........

W

windeguy

Excellent description of the man. I don't think there is a word in English that reaches his level of eccentricity.

Eccentric
A polite way of saying you're a f***ing lunatic.
Keith Moon's eccentric.
by Zander The Salamander July 19, 2016

F

frank recktenwald

Anti-virus pioneer John McAfee holes up in north London after fleeing the Dominican Republic following his arrest for entering the country with a boat-load of firearms
John McAfee was released from detention on Wednesday in Dominican Republic
The millionaire, 73, shared photos from his four-day stay at the detention center
He was suspected of traveling on a yacht with high-caliber weapons and ammo
McAfee's lawyer Candido Simon confirmed he has decided to come to London
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-days-Caribbean-authorities-arrested-him.html

C

Conchman

Anti-virus pioneer John McAfee holes up in north London after fleeing the Dominican Republic following his arrest for entering the country with a boat-load of firearms
John McAfee was released from detention on Wednesday in Dominican Republic
The millionaire, 73, shared photos from his four-day stay at the detention center
He was suspected of traveling on a yacht with high-caliber weapons and ammo
McAfee's lawyer Candido Simon confirmed he has decided to come to London
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-days-Caribbean-authorities-arrested-him.html

Boatload of firearms? It was 2....and the excuse to act for the powers that be. Most intl transient boats this far South travel with at least 2 firearms. Just saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.