Cuban vaccine 92% effective

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
computer translated:

The Abdala vaccine against the coronavirus manufactured in Cuba is 92% effective​

• The candidate Abdala vaccine against the coronavirus manufactured in Cuba is 92% effective
    MANDEL NGAN / AFP

Europa Press
Madrid

The vaccine Abdala against the coronavirus manufactured in Cuba shows 92.28 percent efficacy in clinical trials developed at the Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology (CIGB) of the country.

Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel has reported the news through his Twitter account. "Hit by two pandemics (COVID-19 and the US blockade), our scientists have jumped over all obstacles and have given us two very effective vaccines: Sovereign 02 and Abdala."

This Sunday, Díaz-Canal announced that the other candidate vaccine produced in the country, Soberana 02, has an efficacy of 62 percent with two doses.
Given the results, the official press has reported that the request for emergency use will be made to the island's health authorities.

These news have come on the same day that the Cuban Ministry of Public Health has notified a new record of cases with 1,561 new cases and that exacerbates the upward trend of infections on the island, which accumulates almost 170,000 positives.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Would like a 3rd party to verify the 92% effective rate... its not that I dont trust in the cuban government....but Its that I dont trust in them ever........
News is now coming out from CNN international that it is expected that the vaccine will receive approval from the World Health Organization... Do not know if that increases your confidence. The report said that tourists into Cuba are buying it... Which vaccines are available in the DR now?

Reactions: USA DOC

Big

Apr 24, 2019
lol. Cuba will have you believe it is a cure for diabetes as well. They own and control newspapers, magazines, radio and limit internet access. If you publicly disagree you will get a visit from their version of the KGB. Yea, I want their medicine!

aname4me

Jun 18, 2011
Would like a 3rd party to verify the 92% effective rate... its not that I dont trust in the cuban government....but Its that I dont trust in them ever........
I am VERY PRO Cuba.
I have been in Cuba over 2 years over the last 10 years.

I do agree with you.
Cubans only (always) publishes positive (pro-Cuba) things.
They must always be taken with a grain of salt (or a cup of salt).

Cuba has no money (has been completely starved of money) and has to look for economies.
They choose to (were forced to) make their own Vaccine.
It may not be a “top notch” vaccine.... but it is one they can afford.

I can remember early CoViD days, when news articles made fun of Cubans for making their own Face Masks from used clothing. Now, Face Masks from used clothing are trendy.

Do I want to get the Cuban Vaccine... No
Am I happy that my friends in Cuba can get Free Cuban Vaccines... YES

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I’ve heard good things about the cuban health care system, so… maybe…
did you hear that from the Cuban people or the government? Where do they get their materials from? Venezuela? Should one try and complain about his medical treatment he will end up worse off than before treatment. A Communist country under an embargo, guess they have to get most of their med equipment on ebay

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I am VERY PRO Cuba.
I have been in Cuba over 2 years over the last 10 years.

I do agree with you.
Cubans only (always) publishes positive (pro-Cuba) things.
They must always be taken with a grain of salt (or a cup of salt).

Cuba has no money (has been completely starved of money) and has to look for economies.
They choose to (were forced to) make their own Vaccine.
It may not be a “top notch” vaccine.... but it is one they can afford.

I can remember early CoViD days, when news articles made fun of Cubans for making their own Face Masks from used clothing. Now, Face Masks from used clothing are trendy.

Do I want to get the Cuban Vaccine... No
Am I happy that my friends in Cuba can get Free Cuban Vaccines... YES

When I was in Haiti, met many good Cuban docs and nurses. They were first rate in my unmedical opinion. However, they were adamant about not being photographed. I never knew why.

Reactions: mountainannie

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
This is the only report that I have found that has compiled the number of cases/deaths in the DR/Cuba/Haiti/Jamaica
Certainly the Haitian figures are merely speculative
Haiti has not met the requirements for the distribution of vaccines under the UN program for poor countries "COVAX"
But will most likely be the first country that will receive the Cuban doses
All top Haitian officials (those who do not go to Miami) go to Cuba for medical care
(Those who have less money go to the DR - and the poorest stay in Haiti)

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
This is the only report that I have found that has compiled the number of cases/deaths in the DR/Cuba/Haiti/Jamaica
Certainly the Haitian figures are merely speculative
Haiti has not met the requirements for the distribution of vaccines under the UN program for poor countries "COVAX"
But will most likely be the first country that will receive the Cuban doses
All top Haitian officials (those who do not go to Miami) go to Cuba for medical care
(Those who have less money go to the DR - and the poorest stay in Haiti)

Not true.

Covax is for low income country, and Haiti certainly qualify.

Haiti initially rejected the doses of Aztra-Zeneca offered , then with India's vaccine production slowed for obvious reasons, and as fears from AztraZeneca lowered and cases surged the Haitian government changed their minds.

Haiti is set to receive doses.

PS: The Dashboard with data you posted was last updated 6 months ago.

Reactions: mountainannie

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Thanks, Aida - I was listening to a report on CNN international just yesterday and some "international person" - said that Haiti had "not filled out the requisite paper work to qualify for the COVAX program" -- And I was just left shaking my head since I suspect that filling out "requisite paper work" in the middle of a pandemic, particularly in Haiti, which lost 20% of her civil servants in the earthquake and is now under "gang rule" would not be easy.

Reactions: Africaida

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I have a number of Cuban friends - one couple -- residing in Santo Domingo - the wife was the daughter of Cuba's ambassador to Moscow - and their comment was - There are three things that work in Cuba: Education. Sports. and Medicine. And there are three things that do not work: Breakfast Lunch and Dinner
madam! The thing that works best in Communist Cuba are human rights violations. They still have political prisoners in jail from that idiot Fidel Castro's days. Its true there is great health care in Cuba, its on the U.S side!

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
News is now coming out from CNN international that it is expected that the vaccine will receive approval from the World Health Organization... Do not know if that increases your confidence. The report said that tourists into Cuba are buying it... Which vaccines are available in the DR now?
Yes the tourists will buy it because...you are required to buy medical travel insurance before you get to cuba...been there done that, and the nurses and so called doctors are waiting for the tourists at the airport.......