Curfew Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Sorry now to see Abinader was elected. He has turned out to be a major disappointment
Not to his friends,,,, the owners of Super Mercado Nacional, Grupo Ramos, Banco Popular to name just a few, oh yea and the AI's in Punta Cana to a lesser degree.

Reactions: cavok

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Sorry now to see Abinader was elected. He has turned out to be a major disappointment
They ALL seem to be in SOMEONE'S POCKET ....
No matter their Politics .. or how they Lean ..
They all worship the GREEN. and they are all Bigger Putas than any Spandex queen walking the streets of PC..

my post will probably get deleted, for whatever reason .. but u know its try .
Politicians are by Nature, Dirty dirty , No Moral character people .

Reactions: Big

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
They ALL seem to be in SOMEONE'S POCKET ....
No matter their Politics .. or how they Lean ..
They all worship the GREEN. and they are all Bigger Putas than any Spandex queen walking the streets of PC..

my post will probably get deleted, for whatever reason .. but u know its try .
Politicians are by Nature, Dirty dirty , No Moral character people .
They also Kow-Tow to the IMF and World Bank.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I
I think he is acting responsibly.

The recent tightening of the curfew was caused by a spike in the covid cases. When people don't act responsibly, there should be consequences.

It is likely the big increase in the number of people getting vaccinated the past few days was at least partly due to this tight curfew and recognition that there is no chance of getting back to anything closer to normal unless everyone does his part to stop the spread

The number of posters bragging about being able to drink to their heart's content previously during times that alcohol sales were restricted proves that cooperation by many bar owners is only given when forced

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I know two of those business owners very well.
Sucks but they are both well-aware of how things
move and the changes which have been implemented
in and around town for several years now.
Generally gringos are cut a lot of slack in the DR.
With discretion or in stealth mode a lot can be done.
If people get too obnoxious there will be reactions.

Whoever the President is in the DR at any given time,
He will deploy the military and police when it suits the government, as seen during covid times.

Learn discretion good manners and enjoy the DR.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The curfew is extended, but I don't see anything about alcohol sales?

Shameful.
Even with more than 50% of the population already vaccinated, everyone wearing mask,
everyone social distancing and whatever else these fools can muster up... this is the new normal.

It's a cycle which I expect to continue indefinitely as NONE of these Muppets seem to understand
the long term damage their draconian restrictions are doing to society.

It was recently published in the Dominican press, they are expecting the school drop out rate to
increase by as much as 50% by the end of this year.
Has anyone stopped to think about what this country is going to be like in 10 years?

Easily avoidable yet they are just to damn ignorant to think before they act.
Who's it going to affect the most? THE POOR.

Reactions: Garyexpat

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
The rumor I heard is that the Toque de Queda is going to remain like this until 70% of the population is vaccinated.

I also think that some of the comments in this thread are ignoring the fact that they were running out of intensive care beds in Santo Domingo recently. The government couldn't do nothing, and whether you agree with it or not, closing bars seems to be the strategy that every other country in the world has followed when rates are spiking.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes Maria
Bars were closed almost universally in the US, in Canada - Ontario (largest population) just opend this week
Reduced capacity
Ontario has had 3 'stay at home' lockdowns so far - full 24 hr store closures for weeks

What is happening here is mild by comparison to some other countries - e.g. UK

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
50% of the population vaccinated does not grant herd immunity. 70% or more vaccinated, if the vaccine is effective is the goal from the start.

I said last year that 2021, the entire year, would be the year of vaccination.
I was not wrong, at least so far. That was easy for me to predict.

It Sinovac does not work well with variants of CV19 that enter the DR, the curfews could easily extend into 2022.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes Maria
Bars were closed almost universally in the US, in Canada - Ontario (largest population) just opend this week
Reduced capacity
Ontario has had 3 'stay at home' lockdowns so far - full 24 hr store closures for weeks

What is happening here is mild by comparison to some other countries - e.g. UK
Thanks for the perspective. Yes, there are states in the US that were quite repressed as well. Those of us that live in the DR full time, unless we have contacts in those areas, cannot achieve such a perspective.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Thanks for the perspective. Yes, there are states in the US that were quite repressed as well. Those of us that live in the DR full time, unless we have contacts in those areas, cannot achieve such a perspective.

As you know Windy n- I live here
Go off island for 3 mos a year or so

I read the UK papers - daughter lives there - and the US & Cdn ones too

My knowledge is not first hand.... learned by reading
That's how I have this 'perspective'

As we say - live & learn.....

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I

I think he is acting responsibly.

The recent tightening of the curfew was caused by a spike in the covid cases. When people don't act responsibly, there should be consequences.

It is likely the big increase in the number of people getting vaccinated the past few days was at least partly due to this tight curfew and recognition that there is no chance of getting back to anything closer to normal unless everyone does his part to stop the spread

The number of posters bragging about being able to drink to their heart's content previously during times that alcohol sales were restricted proves that cooperation by many bar owners is only given when forced
How about making a pass for those with vaccine cards - We can have alcohol till 10 PM or heck till 2 PM The rest would have motive to get vaccinated.
This 3 PM Alcohol curfew is a placebo. Virtue-Signaling which has a lot of people duped.
Hurting business owners island wide because knuckleheads in Santo Domingo are coughing all over each other is the dumbest idea yet.
All you who think it is great * justified please stay home after sales get restored to normal - you are too afraid to enjoy your lives any longer.

Reactions: jd426 and CristoRey

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
50% of the population vaccinated does not grant herd immunity. 70% or more vaccinated, if the vaccine is effective is the goal from the start.

I said last year that 2021, the entire year, would be the year of vaccination.
I was not wrong, at least so far. That was easy for me to predict.

It Sinovac does not work well with variants of CV19 that enter the DR, the curfews could easily extend into 2022.
You worry me Windy - you are starting to sound like a Fauci hand puppet

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You worry me Windy - you are starting to sound like a Fauci hand puppet
Not my intent. Just stating FACTS about herd immunity. Nothing to do with being a puppet. It is fact.

If you are not interesting in pandemic facts and how they apply to reality, then there is nothing I can or will do about it. I stated such things at the very beginning of this back in early 2020. Some say herd immunity must even be higher than 70% because of the contagious level of CV19 and its variants.

Reactions: Lobo Tropical
Status
Not open for further replies.