Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Travel Advisory downgraded to Level 3:

----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021, 3:32:50 PM CDT
Subject: Dominican Republic Travel Advisory: Change from Level 4 to Level 3

Dominican Republic – Level 3: Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to the Dominican Republic due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Health Notice for the Dominican Republic due to COVID-19, indicating a high level of COVID-19 in the country.
Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in the Dominican Republic.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the Dominican Republic:
  • See the U.S. Embassy's web page regarding COVID-19.
  • Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
  • Be aware of your surroundings.
  • Do not physically resist any robbery attempt.
  • Do not display signs of wealth, such as wearing expensive watches or jewelry.
  • Follow the advice of resort and tour operators regarding local safety and security concerns
  • Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
  • Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
  • Review the Crime and Safety Report for the Dominican Republic.
  • U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Anybody that pays attention to this crap posted from the US Embassy only has to know that 600,000 people are DEAD in the US from Covid..........................................

Reactions: Michael DR

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Is the 3PM liquor quarantine coming off on the 16th or will Abinader make another bone-head extension ?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Is the 3PM liquor quarantine coming off on the 16th or will Abinader make another bone-head extension ?
the 3pm liquor ban has saved more lives then penicillin, condoms, smoking cessation ,motorcycle helmets and almighty himself. Get woke man !

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
the 3pm liquor ban has saved more lives then penicillin, condoms, smoking cessation ,motorcycle helmets and almighty himself. Get woke man !
It's been in effect for 12 days ! It has likely saved no lives. I am sure you are being facetious, so we will forgive a little tongue in cheek

And the last thing I will ever be is WOKE. I prefer COVID.
WOKE is a 100% fatal disease.
My pronouns are he & him

As a side note - How serious is the helmet law when a used baseball helmet with no chin strap qualifies.
Saw one just yesterday that had been previously split all the way down and then epoxied together. That's some real protection right there

Reactions: Big

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
It's been in effect for 12 days ! It has likely saved no lives. I am sure you are being facetious, so we will forgive a little tongue in cheek

My pronouns are he & him

As a side note - How serious is the helmet law when a used baseball helmet with no chin strap qualifies.
Saw one just yesterday that had been previously split all the way down and then epoxied together. That's some real protection right there
I agree with you on the woke BS. But I would never dignify it with stating what "my pronouns" are. I'll spare you my opinion of that.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
the resorts and all-inclusives are going 24/7

I was just thinking about this ,, having incorrectly assumed some of you were being Sarcastic or what have you with the comments .. myself included , piling on.

but you know , you right..

THEY ( the powers that be) really dont have a CLUE how to SPIKE Tourism.
So they are FORCING all the Tourists to CONSIDER staying at an AI.... where they wont be hassled .
Sort of like a STIMULIS for AI Tourism , or Priming the Pump if you will..

It kind of makes sense ... because looking at it any other way its just beyond Stupid ..
Unless they are mandating wearing Masks at the AI's as well ? ( in which case it would make sense then)
and , Obviously the DISCO at the AI is open .. and so are the Buffet Lines . People packed tight ... yeagh thats a great plan , while the rest of the Country is locked down on a Curfew ..

so its makes zero sense , from a Health point of View .

Always follow the money.. these people could give 2 ishts about your Health ,or their Peoples Health .
As some have stated earlier ... HOW much time do they need to add ICU Rooms at Hospitals, they only had a FULL YEAR to do it .
They dont care about saving Lives .

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Anybody that pays attention to this crap posted from the US Embassy only has to know that 600,000 people are DEAD in the US from Covid..........................................
And your point is?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was just thinking about this ,, having incorrectly assumed some of you were being Sarcastic or what have you with the comments .. myself included , piling on.

but you know , you right..

THEY ( the powers that be) really dont have a CLUE how to SPIKE Tourism.
So they are FORCING all the Tourists to CONSIDER staying at an AI.... where they wont be hassled .
Sort of like a STIMULIS for AI Tourism , or Priming the Pump if you will..

It kind of makes sense ... because looking at it any other way its just beyond Stupid ..
Unless they are mandating wearing Masks at the AI's as well ? ( in which case it would make sense then)
and , Obviously the DISCO at the AI is open .. and so are the Buffet Lines . People packed tight ... yeagh thats a great plan , while the rest of the Country is locked down on a Curfew ..

so its makes zero sense , from a Health point of View .

Always follow the money.. these people could give 2 ishts about your Health ,or their Peoples Health .
As some have stated earlier ... HOW much time do they need to add ICU Rooms at Hospitals, they only had a FULL YEAR to do it .
They dont care about saving Lives .
Since 90% of tourists stay at AI hotels, it makes perfect sense that from the very beginning the focus has been on AI tourism. It has always been about restoring AI tourism.

Big

Apr 24, 2019

My pronouns are he & him

comical for sure!

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Since 90% of tourists stay at AI hotels, it makes perfect sense that from the very beginning the focus has been on AI tourism. It has always been about restoring AI tourism.
Not having any facts to dispute your numbers on percentages - but 90% does seem high. For sure Santo Domingo & the North Coast, as well as Jarabacoa and Santiago should make up at least 40% of all visits and very few going to those areas stay in AIs in these locals

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Great so now, in most places, bars can open until 6pm every day, but only serve alcohol until 3pm. How's that going to work?

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Not having any facts to dispute your numbers on percentages - but 90% does seem high. For sure Santo Domingo & the North Coast, as well as Jarabacoa and Santiago should make up at least 40% of all visits and very few going to those areas stay in AIs in these locals
In your admittedly uninformed opinion that you cannot backup. Awesome LOL

• Haha
Reactions: jd426

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Great so now, in most places, bars can open until 6pm every day, but only serve alcohol until 3pm. How's that going to work?
I've heard the bars in Sosua on the beach and in town are open well past 3pm and serving alcohol in styrofoam cups. Not sure what difference that makes(?). The liquor stores in Cabarete were open today after 4pm.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I've heard the bars in Sosua on the beach and in town are open well past 3pm and serving alcohol in styrofoam cups. Not sure what difference that makes(?). The liquor stores in Cabarete were open today after 4pm.

It is a national law that nobody can serve alcohol after 3 pm except for takeaway. So serving in a styrofoam cup is how they work around. Businesses have to close by 6pm in most areas.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It is a national law that nobody can serve alcohol after 3 pm except for takeaway. So serving in a styrofoam cup is how they work around. Businesses have to close by 6pm in most areas.
Oh, ok. As far as I know, up here on the north coast the curfew is 10pm weekdays and 9pm on weekends.

Status
Not open for further replies.