Curfew Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That sure was a quick change of mind. It was just posted earlier that the toque de queda would stay the same:

Reactions: Africaida

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I heard there is a rumor they might change the curfew to 1pm instead of 9pm but only for 15 days. If this is true, how it will impact DR and the tourism? I wonder

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
1pm? There's never been a curfew that early and things are getting better. And the curfew now starts at 10pm. Sounds like another barrio Fayboo rumor to me.

Reactions: Africaida

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
No offence, but if your kid heard it, you can be sure it's a bogus rumor. Last week the rumor in the barrio was the curfew was going to be dropped completely.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I heard there is a rumor they might change the curfew to 1pm instead of 9pm but only for 15 days. If this is true, how it will impact DR and the tourism? I wonder
I have a good source for information here in Santiago and the only thing I've heard recently is they will be keeping the curfew in place until they can implement the police reform. I'm not saying they can't change it should they choose too but I've been told it's more about preventing crime than saving lives at this point.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
My kid heard the same thing here in BC. No announcement yet.
FWIW, I just found out that the same rumor is going around in the Callejon and other barrios in Cabarete, also. I sure hope this one is false like all the others I've heard so far. Doing this for 15 days will accomplish nothing,.

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
When you hear the rumor, always try to find where it comes from.

In this case, it's the article in Listin Diario, here's the link: https://listindiario.com/la-republi...ue-de-queda-desde-100-de-la-tarde-por-15-dias

This is just a suggestion by some epidemiologist, but you know, these days any idiot can email his thoughts to newspapers and they print it.

Reactions: Buzzard and cavok

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
I've heard recently is they will be keeping the curfew in place until they can implement the police reform.
There's a difference between that they might want to implement the police reform and that they actually can do it. Police reform will never happen in DR, unless they import the whole police force from another country.

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
When you hear the rumor, always try to find where it comes from.

In this case, it's the article in Listin Diario, here's the link: https://listindiario.com/la-republi...ue-de-queda-desde-100-de-la-tarde-por-15-dias

This is just a suggestion by some epidemiologist, but you know, these days any idiot can email his thoughts to newspapers and they print it.
I hope someone checks Mr.Feliz Cuello real soon and tells him to zip it.

Reactions: cavok

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
There's a difference between that they might want to implement the police reform and that they actually can do it. Police reform will never happen in DR, unless they import the whole police force from another country.
Makes sense. The fear mongers are only saying the same things they always say... yawn.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

Besides, these children deserve a future and have a right to a proper education regardless of who dies in the process.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well, then let them shut down Santo Domingo and leave the rest of us alone.
Yes -
They need to concentrate their efforts there..... where it does the most good

The 1pm curfew idea (above) is b/c of the hospital congestion in greater SD
Not the whole country

Eugene_A

Banned
Feb 12, 2021
Santo Domingo
Besides, these children deserve a future and have a right to a proper education regardless of who dies in the process.
What children, what education, what future, man, what are you talking about? After these children spend so much time in the sun and in their crappy houses without a/c, they already have some kind of porridge instead of the brain in their heads. Education won't help them. There's no future for them. Anyway, we go off topic here.

I hope someone checks Mr.Feliz Cuello real soon and tells him to zip it.

I agree on this one. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.