Curfew Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Cristo,
I reply to you on a public forum because I respect you and you are intelligent.
There is value discussion and an exchange of opinions.
One does not have to agree.

Not long ago there was a leader who constantly lied and put out disinformation.
In a participatory democracy it is our duty to point out facts and counter wrong info.

The curfew and corona restrictions are in my view an effort to control covid in the DR.
What possible gain would Abinader and his government have by controlling the population.
He is doing what governments do in a pandemic.

With all the time you spend on the forum you may be sliding from being a self proclaimed confederate redneck,
To being a middle aged, middle class guy in a Ford Bronco.:)
Keep up the independent spirit, best to you!
Thank you.
I appreciate it.
Fair enough.
We can agree to disagree.
I have a strong opinion about injecting substances into my body
for many different reasons. The most notable one being my father's
passing on New Year's Eve 2019 due to his life long love affair with
needles.
This curfew and these restrictions would not bother me nearly as much
as they do if they (DR GOV) would just come up with a reasonable solution to allow
these children to continuing with in-person learning with teachers who
actually know how to teach.
Nothing makes my blood boil more than watching an adult ruin a child's life.

Michael DR

Banned
Jun 7, 2020
Earth
Can't put apps on my phone. It's too old. I did not call about noise. I called about a large number of humans violating curfew.
I wonder if calling about the noise, and having medio ambiente come and stop it would have caused the people to leave....still solving your problem with the other numbers you already have. Just a thought...

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I wonder if calling about the noise, and having medio ambiente come and stop it would have caused the people to leave....still solving your problem with the other numbers you already have. Just a thought...
Medio Ambiente will only come after you file a complaint with the fiscal.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If only we encouraged them to build hospitals like we encourage them to build resorts?
It's a lot easier to make money with resorts than with hospitals.

BTW, the problem isn't hospitals - there's more than enough. It's ICU beds for COVID that are in short supply due to the ignorance of people.

Reactions: drstock

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
It's a lot easier to make money with resorts than with hospitals.

BTW, the problem isn't hospitals - there's more than enough. It's ICU beds for COVID that are in short supply due to the ignorance of people.

Please explain why its to do with ignorance. I completely agree that it's a shortage of ICU beds for Covid that is the problem, but want your thoughts on why you think this has happened.

AlaPlaya

Frequent Flyer
Jan 7, 2021
Texas
There is a new Phenomenon ... some of you are not even aware of yet perhaps ..
I have studied this and see it in person every day .
FULLY VACCINATED PEOPLE ,. STILL WEARING A MASK.... and still afraid of Catching Covid.
I am not talking a small percentage ..
I am literally talking about 80 % + in a specific environment .. just as JOBS.
Not Employer enforced , because of Image or contact with Customer..

This is now bordering on Stockholm Syndrome ..
This is not a joke.. do some research ... its brand new ..
Some abandoned the mask when first allowed to do so .. then went back , stating they are having Concerns and Panic attack like symptoms.
Its only The VACCINATED people this is happening to ..
I wish this were a joke .

The vaccine does not guarantee you won't catch the virus--it severely reduces your risk of catching it, and in the event you catch it, severely reduces your symptoms with the hope you do not require hospitalizations. People (particularly immunocompromised ones) may choose to continue to wear masks if it makes them feel safer. Kudos to them.

Reactions: SKY and SantiagoDR

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
No, a mask is not like the blanket of Linus. It is because I have COPD and have gone for more than year without respiratory problems of any sort.
Good to hear - sounds like a mask could be a permanent item for your future, and we have no problem with that - it's your choice.
But please don't insist it is good for the rest of us, it is not natural or healthy for a person to re-breathe their own CO2

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Please explain why its to do with ignorance. I completely agree that it's a shortage of ICU beds for Covid that is the problem, but want your thoughts on why you think this has happened.
Folks are well aware of the form of transmission of this disease but still engage in irresponsible activities.

Of course, Covid isn't the only one; smoking, drinking, drugs... pick your poison.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
This virus isn't walking around on little legs. If people stay sufficiently distant from others who are infected, they themselves will not be infected and not run the risk of needing medical attention that is hard to come by in parts of the country currently. The ignorance part of the equation is that most know how the virus is spread yet choose to put themselves into situations and circumstances where they can and do become infected thanks to someone else who is making the same sort of choices. How much medical care someone eventually needs is up to the virus and their own body. Becoming infected by a variant seems to skew the likelihood of needing medical attention in the general population more so that the original virus strain.

Reactions: Lobo Tropical
Feb 7, 2007
Who came up with the 70 % number. Why not 65 % or 75 %.
These are meaningless numbers thrown out by Fauci.
Facts don't enter into the equation
75% was a number that made the difference in a Brazilian city which did a trial of mass immunity with Sinovac

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The vaccine does not guarantee you won't catch the virus--it severely reduces your risk of catching it, and in the event you catch it, severely reduces your symptoms with the hope you do not require hospitalizations. People (particularly immunocompromised ones) may choose to continue to wear masks if it makes them feel safer. Kudos to them.
I'm very well aware of the non guarantee.
it does NOT however reduce the RISK of catching it .. maybe you meant the RISK OF DEATH , AFTER catching it ? ..

And I am Not knocking them for wearing a Mask..
that is PERSONAL CHOICE ... Just like My Choice to not get the Vaccine ..

but I am noting that they can not get away from it .. en masse .
Its not a Small Percentage ..... Your Point would be 100% valid if a SMALL percentage DECIDED to continue wearing masks . No ?

Did all these people make a conscious decision ,, thinking it through ?
Or is it something else
what conclusion would you draw from a person continuing to wear the Mask ,, when now told " hey its SAFE, you can take that off now"..

The Dominican people are not falling for it though , not from the get Go ..
Their " Ignorance" to the Bogus Science attached to it may be the Smartest thing they have ever done , imho..

again, not knocking those who wear a mask..

Status
Not open for further replies.