william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I see the critical care patients as a direct function of the number of cases

Less cases= less critical care..... more, not so good

william webster said:

We should know by next weekend - Friday or so - if the case numbers drop
whether the curfew is working
You make a good point but the real concern should be the lessening of critical care patients. That's the only justification for any restriction at all. The number infected is only valid for those keeping score at home.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
NY City will have to start curfews like the DR.
well, they had all the restrictions except the curfew... restaurants, gyms etc

Shows the curfew is the most effective restriction.... shows me at least
their infection rate is waaay past RD's

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My take on everything is that the virus is out of control here....... and they are not telling us for fear of damaging the tourist industry more....

DONT BE FOOLED READ BETWEEN THE LINES..... IF IT WASN'T BAD THEY WOULD NEVER PUT THE NEW CURFEWS IN AFFECT.....

EARTH TO THE WORLD WAKE UP..
I have always expected the virus to run through the barrios here like "xxxx" through a goose, but none of the conversations my wife has with her friends in Cabarete or Santo Domingo indicate there is a rampant plague anywhere near where they live.

This is how I read it:

The government is focused on recovering AI tourism. The restrictions , insurance plans for AI tourists, etc, are window dressing to attract those AI tourists.
That is my take on the actions being taken in the DR. It is all about getting AI tourism back.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Sounds like a perfect example of the farmacia owners lack of comprehension of the new regulations from today until January 10.
Not surprised.

I wonder who will report their violation of delivery only requirement?
No one because there is no violation. You have misinterpreted the official rules. Here are the pertinent articles from the Presidential Decree. Read them again. Nowhere does it say farmacias are restricted to delivery only:

ARTÍCULO 5. Se establece que los empleados o contratistas de restaurantes, farmacias o colmados que brinden servicios a domicilio de alimentos cocidos, crudos o medicamentos, tendrán permiso para circular hasta las 11:00 p. m., exclusivamente durante el ejercicio de sus funciones laborales.

ARTÍCULO 6. Se establece que desde el 1 de enero de 2021 hasta el 10 de enero de 2021, los bares, restaurantes y colmadones no podrán recibir clientes que consuman en sus instalaciones.

Reactions: SKY

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No one because there is no violation. You have misinterpreted the official rules. Here are the pertinent articles from the Presidential Decree. Read them again. Nowhere does it say farmacias are restricted to delivery only:

ARTÍCULO 5. Se establece que los empleados o contratistas de restaurantes, farmacias o colmados que brinden servicios a domicilio de alimentos cocidos, crudos o medicamentos, tendrán permiso para circular hasta las 11:00 p. m., exclusivamente durante el ejercicio de sus funciones laborales.

ARTÍCULO 6. Se establece que desde el 1 de enero de 2021 hasta el 10 de enero de 2021, los bares, restaurantes y colmadones no podrán recibir clientes que consuman en sus instalaciones.
And the Vice President of the DR also mis-interpreted them when she had the poster made about delivery only from Colmladones, Restaurantes, y Farmacias.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Attachments

• 1609529097334.png
    1609529097334.png
    865.7 KB · Views: 120

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You should know better than anyone that the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing:

Farmacias are not included.
Sadly, I do know better. I was fooled once before by a woman. But will still wait and see if Farmacia owners are arrested or not over the next several days for letting people in.

I just saw an unconfirmed post on FB that all events inside AI resorts are "cancelled' until January 10th.
Can anyone confirm that nugget of information?

Reactions: campesinadeatl

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have been out this afternoon...

Saw very little observance of the new rules

Lots of fiestas at colamdos
People sitting outside the supermarket drinking
Restaurants w/ people seated & eating..... local type joints.... not restaurant restaurant type

All sorts of social activity.....

Admittedly, these were pueblitos.... not larger populated areas

Reactions: NanSanPedro
Feb 7, 2007
Thanks for asking those questions. So, these farmacias don't care what the government regulations are, they will do what they want.
Interesting. Let us see how that goes over the next couple of days.
There are NO regulations from government about pharmacies. How many times do you need to be told this? Have you read the decree? It was published so read it and stop spreading information that pharmacies are supposed to be closed !!! Jeez.

• Love
Reactions: Africaida

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
There are NO regulations from government about pharmacies. How many times do you need to be told this? Have you read the decree? It was published so read it and stop spreading information that pharmacies are supposed to be closed !!! Jeez.

The real problem is that the nice drawing with lots of colours that the government put out is misleading........

How many people are actually going to read the decree vs look at the nice colours on the schematic.
hint : proportionate to the number who can spell their name correctly, twice, under pressure

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The real problem is that the nice drawing with lots of colours that the government put out is misleading........

How many people are actually going to read the decree vs look at the nice colours on the schematic.
hint : proportionate to the number who can spell their name correctly, twice, under pressure
...but it's so shiny! :eek:

Reactions: Gadfly

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
9 days to go. I will be walking the beach tomorrow. If nobody hears from me in the next few days I was probably arrested lol

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Sadly, I do know better. I was fooled once before by a woman. But will still wait and see if Farmacia owners are arrested or not over the next several days for letting people in.

I just saw an unconfirmed post on FB that all events inside AI resorts are "cancelled' until January 10th.
Can anyone confirm that nugget of information?
Just got back from a quick run to Supermercado La Rosa. I went past no less than 5 colmados, a cafeteria, and two liquor stores. These were all on the main highway and open with people inside. Some patrons were out on the sidewalk drinking.

I also passed by two farmacias - Mirabel at Hotel Kaoba and the one in Ocean Dream Plaza. Both were open with people inside.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have been out this afternoon...

Saw very little observance of the new rules

Lots of fiestas at colamdos
People sitting outside the supermarket drinking
Restaurants w/ people seated & eating..... local type joints.... not restaurant restaurant type

All sorts of social activity.....

Admittedly, these were pueblitos.... not larger populated areas
There was a huge party at one of the big hotels in Punta Cana last night. Made all the daily papers today. I bet tourism is going to get involved in that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.