Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What does being open yesterday have to do with the new regulations that run from today, January 1 until January 10?
Please pay attention to the regulations and dates upon which they apply.

NOTHING EVER SAID FARMACIAS WOULD BE CLOSED!!! JUST THAT THEY WOULD BE DELVERY ONLY> people to have a tough time with understanding the concept of "delivery only".

Now if if tell me you can walk in to your farmacia today, I would suggest they are violating the new regulations, but I guess that is just me.
Just got back from a Farmacia. Open as usual. Go out of your cave and check for yourself. OPEN to walk in and get whatever you need. I asked about not letting people in and she looked at me like I was from Mars.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Judging from the response here on DR1 most don't even understand the infographic to begin with. Easy answer... compliance=low
Boy do you have that right. Comprehension is very low on that as demonstrated by the responses here.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
All the adjustments like this new curfew, could be considered window dressing... when the real problem is to get back the tourists... the reason the DR has a level 3 travel warning from the USA was stated by the state department as 2 problems..Covid increase, and a increase in crime.... cant remember them talking about lowering crime...
Getting back AI tourists. AI tourists are the focus. The DR government is all about AI tourism at this time.

The curfews cut back on crime without talking about crime.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just got back from a Farmacia. Open as usual. Go out of your cave and check for yourself. OPEN to walk in and get whatever you need. I asked about not letting people in and she looked at me like I was from Mars.
Sounds like a perfect example of the farmacia owners lack of comprehension of the new regulations from today until January 10.
Not surprised.

I wonder who will report their violation of delivery only requirement?

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Getting back AI tourists. AI tourists are the focus. The DR government is all about AI tourism at this time.

The curfews cut back on crime without talking about crime.

Understand and agree on the crime thing. But noon on weekends? It makes so little sense. My only guess is that they say noon and are hoping for 5PM compliance. That's strictly a guess.

Reactions: twoinsosua

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I had to go to Wecare Pharmacy today, so I asked. They will be open for customers as usual next week. Next I went to Super Pola and stopped by CarolRx and asked. They are going to be open next week for customers as usual, also.
Thanks for asking those questions. So, these farmacias don't care what the government regulations are, they will do what they want.
Interesting. Let us see how that goes over the next couple of days.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Understand and agree on the crime thing. But noon on weekends? It makes so little sense. My only guess is that they say noon and are hoping for 5PM compliance. That's strictly a guess.
Let us see how many are arrested starting at one minute after noon onward for the next two weekends.
I do expect a significant number of arrests.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
When you say "as usual" does that mean with usual hours, or as usual but reduced curfew hours.

Because I think a big concern is that if you need grocery or pharmacy after noon on weekends (a completely reasonable expectation), then you'll have trouble.
If you can prove it is an emergency trip to the farmacia, ($500RD) should cover it.

Reactions: CristoRey

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do you think that these more strict rules of the curfew might be prolonged after 10.1. ? Or is it more like something "special" related to the New Year celebrations ?

Bought flights from Europe on 14.1. and currently wondering if to cancel or not to cancel... Under such circumstances (curfew from 12:00 & 17:00), the trip does not make much sense.
The government has threatened the curfews will be even worse if people don't obey over the next 10 days.

Predict the future? Hard to do.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It’s quite the curfew...
It is, You and Andrea have a safe trip back to and for living back in Canada after your stay in the DR ends.

Do you need to get PCR within 3 days of leaving the DR to enter Canada?
That is quite the restriction for entering Canada from the DR if it is true. Is it even possible to do so?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do they have any evidence period that closing at noon helps anything? In NY, we would call this evidence, 70% of spread comes from being confined with someone who has it. 2% for bars and restaurants
The curfew is about crime reduction (and giving the appearance that something is being done about CV19).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It hurts their ego just as it hurts the feeling of a someone. Good news is that the shift change is coming, after which hopefully this forum, will swerve towards proven scientific findings discussing the DR issues, rather than opinion engendered by tweeter storms.
Why would a forum change course like that? I see no reason.

People that cannot read Spanish are the chief reason for the misunderstandings about the curfew changes.

Reactions: TropicalPaul

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
We should know by next weekend - Friday or so - if the case numbers drop
whether the curfew is working

You make a good point but the real concern should be the lessening of critical care patients. That's the only justification for any restriction at all. The number infected is only valid for those keeping score at home.

Reactions: twoinsosua
Status
Not open for further replies.