Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomiiiii

Dec 30, 2020
Seattle
Do folks think that the weekend noon curfew will actually really be followed? Like the shops might be closed but I can't imagine the entire country will simply stay inside on a nice day and not decide to take a little walk outside?

For folks who experienced the previous month of curfew, what do they think the compliance will be for this one.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Do folks think that the weekend noon curfew will actually really be followed? Like the shops might be closed but I can't imagine the entire country will simply stay inside on a nice day and not decide to take a little walk outside?

For folks who experienced the previous month of curfew, what do they think the compliance will be for this one.
Judging from the response here on DR1 most don't even understand the infographic to begin with. Easy answer... compliance=low

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Those who transit after 7:00 at night will wait for New Years imprisoned in indoor clubs

The National Police warned that it will enforce the new measure
Indoor centers and clubs will help detainees wait for the New Year

https://www.diariolibre.com/portada/qui … EH23530325

At 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 31, the curfew will begin without the grace of free transit, which was eliminated by decree 740-20 issued yesterday Wednesday and that limits the movement of people with the intention of stop the spread of COVID-19.

The director of the National Police, Edward Ramón Sánchez González, warned citizens who want to violate the curfew that detention centers have been established, where offenders will be taken.

Sánchez González said that the National Police have identified, throughout the country, the indoor centers and clubs to which the detainees who violate the provision will take.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
All the adjustments like this new curfew, could be considered window dressing... when the real problem is to get back the tourists... the reason the DR has a level 3 travel warning from the USA was stated by the state department as 2 problems..Covid increase, and a increase in crime.... cant remember them talking about lowering crime...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is that what you want ?
For yourself... or thinking of others....
Others.

How much longer should the government continue this curfew
along with these draconian restrictions?

Does your income come from pension? retirement or investments?

If you had to get up every morning and go to work like 90% of my
Dominican friends do every single day down here, I'd will be willing
to bet you'd be singing a much different tune.

CLUE: Lost hours equals less money earned while at the same time prices
for most staple goods/ household products have doubled.

Your thoughts?
Is it rice and beans for thee but not for me?
I certainly hope not William.
Happy New Year.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I am going with farmacias won't be letting people inside starting tomorrow until at least January 10. Delivery to your home for sure and perhaps "curbside" pickup is allowed, you are just no going inside. That is my final answer.
I had to go to Wecare Pharmacy today, so I asked. They will be open for customers as usual next week. Next I went to Super Pola and stopped by CarolRx and asked. They are going to be open next week for customers as usual, also.

Reactions: CristoRey

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Yea, no drinking at the grocery stores, no eating or drinking at bars and restaurants. That is what the above sentence says.

It doesn't say "grocery stores". The decree says Colmadones. There is a big difference between Supermercado Nacional and a colmado. It's basically saying that restaurants, bars and colmados cannot have anyone drinking or eating inside, these will be take-away and delivery only. Supermarkets and proper grocery stores open as normal.

Would help if a few people learnt a bit of Spanish before going into panic.

Reactions: JD Jones and cavok

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
Yea, no drinking at the grocery stores, no eating or drinking at bars and restaurants. That is what the above sentence says.

It doesn't say "grocery stores". It says Colmadones. There is a big difference between Supermercado Nacional and a colmado. It's basically saying that restaurants, bars and colmados cannot have anyone drinking or eating inside, these will be take-away and delivery only. Supermarkets and proper grocery stores open as normal.

Reactions: windeguy

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It doesn't say "grocery stores". It says Colmadones. There is a big difference between Supermercado Nacional and a colmado. It's basically saying that restaurants, bars and colmados cannot have anyone drinking or eating inside, these will be take-away and delivery only. Supermarkets and proper grocery stores open as normal.

5. It is established that from January 1, 2021, bars, restaurants and grocery stores will not be able to receive customers who consume at their facilities until January 10.

Grocery stores are clearly listed here. No eating at Grocery stores according to this.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014

No form of entertainment shall be permitted.
Dominicans are being punished for misbehaving.
Some of our fellow DR1 members seem to think the
restrictions are due to the North Americans not wearing
mask and wanting to drink in "pubs". Not so. Plutarco Arias
is another Fauci and will continue with these draconian measures
until the peasants obey.

Plutarco Arias warns there will be more restrictive measures in Christmas and New Year before the advance of COVID-19
December 14, 2020 | 2:36 pm

The Dominican population and foreigners in the Dominican Republic could spend Christmas and New Year locked up at home because mobility restrictions could be tightened due to the increase in coronavirus cases.

Health Minister Plutarco Arias said that as the population continues to violate all policies of distancing and use of masks established by the authorities, to the same extent, more restrictions will be placed.

“People are in the streets not complying, and as they continue not complying with the measures, the restrictive measures are going to be much tougher,” said the minister, pleading with the population to please take sheltering a little more seriously.

After noting that the decision to make the measures more flexible or not will depend on what the President of the Republic and the Health Cabinet decide, Arias, emphasized: “If people do not behave well, we will have to take more rigid, more restrictive measures.”

After the act, the minister spoke where the President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, delivered the accreditation to the affiliate number two million to the National Health Insurance (Senasa) as part of the program started in his administration.

The President of the Republic promised to refer tomorrow to the issue of the increase in COVID-19 infections. Like every Tuesday, the Health Cabinet will meet in the National Palace.

Today the hospital occupation rose.
The COVID-19 bulletin number 270, published this Monday, December 14, indicates the report of 492 cases with a daily positivity that is around 17.42%.

The bulletin also highlights the death of about three people, while Public Health warns of an increase in hospital occupancy in the last 24 hours.

In this sense, the occupancy is around 31%, with a total of 863 people hospitalized. Similarly, there are 234 patients in intensive care units (ICU), which occupy 50% of ICUs.

Source: DominicanToday

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
No form of entertainment shall be permitted.
Dominicans are being punished for misbehaving.
Some of our fellow DR1 members seem to think the
restrictions are due to the North Americans not wearing
mask and wanting to drink in "pubs". Not so. Plutarco Arias
is another Fauci and will continue with these draconian measures
until the peasants obey.

Plutarco Arias warns there will be more restrictive measures in Christmas and New Year before the advance of COVID-19
December 14, 2020 | 2:36 pm

The Dominican population and foreigners in the Dominican Republic could spend Christmas and New Year locked up at home because mobility restrictions could be tightened due to the increase in coronavirus cases.

Health Minister Plutarco Arias said that as the population continues to violate all policies of distancing and use of masks established by the authorities, to the same extent, more restrictions will be placed.

“People are in the streets not complying, and as they continue not complying with the measures, the restrictive measures are going to be much tougher,” said the minister, pleading with the population to please take sheltering a little more seriously.

After noting that the decision to make the measures more flexible or not will depend on what the President of the Republic and the Health Cabinet decide, Arias, emphasized: “If people do not behave well, we will have to take more rigid, more restrictive measures.”

After the act, the minister spoke where the President of the Republic, Luis Abinader, delivered the accreditation to the affiliate number two million to the National Health Insurance (Senasa) as part of the program started in his administration.

The President of the Republic promised to refer tomorrow to the issue of the increase in COVID-19 infections. Like every Tuesday, the Health Cabinet will meet in the National Palace.

Today the hospital occupation rose.
The COVID-19 bulletin number 270, published this Monday, December 14, indicates the report of 492 cases with a daily positivity that is around 17.42%.

The bulletin also highlights the death of about three people, while Public Health warns of an increase in hospital occupancy in the last 24 hours.

In this sense, the occupancy is around 31%, with a total of 863 people hospitalized. Similarly, there are 234 patients in intensive care units (ICU), which occupy 50% of ICUs.

Source: DominicanToday

FTA

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
5. It is established that from January 1, 2021, bars, restaurants and grocery stores will not be able to receive customers who consume at their facilities until January 10.

Grocery stores are clearly listed here. No eating at Grocery stores according to this.
One shouldn't rely on English translations. Like TP said, it's helpful if you understand a little Spanish. Here's the official version:

ARTÍCULO 6. Se establece que desde el 1 de enero de 2021 hasta el 10 de enero de 2021, los bares, restaurantes y colmadones no podrán recibir clientes que consuman en sus instalaciones.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It doesn't say "grocery stores". The decree says Colmadones. There is a big difference between Supermercado Nacional and a colmado. It's basically saying that restaurants, bars and colmados cannot have anyone drinking or eating inside, these will be take-away and delivery only. Supermarkets and proper grocery stores open as normal.

I didn't translate, I just responded to WW post that was in English, Chill.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I was in playa boca chica today. It was comforting to see very few people on the beach. The restaurants were begging people to come inside. Some beach restaurants were almost full and others empty. Water was very clear and i spent a very relaxing afternoon on the beach.
I spoke to tourist police and i was informed that tomorrow, the curfew will be till 5pm but beach will be open to public except no one could enter bars and restaurants. I wonder if they will bring your food and drinks to the beach, where you will be sitting.
So seems like beach will stay open to public during the hours we are allowed to stay outside.
Now i walked the main avenue in boca chica and didn't see a single person with mask or doing social distancing. Bars were full and even sidewalk chairs and tables were full of clients. Johns and hookers going about their daily business. No masks or social distancing anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.