Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
My take on everything is that the virus is out of control here....... and they are not telling us for fear of damaging the tourist industry more....

DONT BE FOOLED READ BETWEEN THE LINES..... IF IT WASN'T BAD THEY WOULD NEVER PUT THE NEW CURFEWS IN AFFECT.....

EARTH TO THE WORLD WAKE UP..

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
I don't understand them closing pharmacies. Do they have any evidence of a spread from pharmacies?
Do they have any evidence period that closing at noon helps anything? In NY, we would call this evidence, 70% of spread comes from being confined with someone who has it. 2% for bars and restaurants

• Sad
Reactions: Michael DR

Tonchi

Nov 17, 2015
I went to the pharmacy today instead of waiting. I asked and my pharmacy will not be letting people inside and they will not be open 24 hours anymore. You can go and get medication apparently but it is curbside pickup or delivery by motoconcho.
Oh ya,,, I want the guy on the moto responsible for delivering my medicine. I am sure he wont mix anything up

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Oh ya,,, I want the guy on the moto responsible for delivering my medicine. I am sure he wont mix anything up
But has he been tested for Covid ? And I'm sure he can give dosage advice as well

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Farmacias can and do make their own rules. But the DR government has not closed them to the public.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Patience. With a more infectious strain of Covid spreading, caution is always the best route in an epidemic.

The vaccines are starting to flow. I have two daughters in medical school and they just had their first rounds. It's going to take a few months to satiate demand and by then, the northern hemisphere will be out of the winter season. We'll be a much better place in a few months.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
... No masks or social distancing anywhere.
And it is for this very reason that the hardliners in the Govt will probably succeed in promoting even harsher restrictions on the population in the days to come. Without the cooperation of the population the infection numbers will not improve and that will be justification enough for Govt. to crack the whip even more. Cause and effect.

• Haha

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Has anyone noticed the regular gripe is rampant. I have it and it is not enjoyable, and I know dozens of others who have it now or just finished with it.
This the season.

Maybe they can lock us down every year for every sniffle ?

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Has anyone noticed the regular gripe is rampant. I have it and it is not enjoyable, and I know dozens of others who have it now or just finished with it.
This the season.

Maybe they can lock us down every year for every sniffle ?
you best consult with the medical experts here, they will diagnose you and tell you what to take

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Patience. With a more infectious strain of Covid spreading, caution is always the best route in an epidemic.

The vaccines are starting to flow. I have two daughters in medical school and they just had their first rounds. It's going to take a few months to satiate demand and by then, the northern hemisphere will be out of the winter season. We'll be a much better place in a few months.
I have a brother and a brother in law that are stock brokers, their only concern is when their next commission check is coming and when their fav. Manhattan restaurant/bar is opening

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
5. It is established that from January 1, 2021, bars, restaurants and grocery stores will not be able to receive customers who consume at their facilities until January 10.

Does this answer the grocery store question !!??
I think the translation of "colmadones" to "grocery stores" does not provide clarity.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
God forbid you go out on the street on weekends after noon, however, private parties at the pool of your AirBnB condo is just fine, right?
Private parties at an Airbnb condo are just fine according to the current restrictions.

Reactions: CristoRey

tempo

Aug 5, 2020
US
How can people be expected to wear masks if sitting at a table eating and drinking?
Good question. They were seated at the table, for at least a good 30 minutes, without any food ( and generally socializing, presumably the NY-Chicago way) likely after having eaten their meals. They also had their women hanging around in nice lycra, who were generally much quieter, presumably because of language barrier.
I was there only for my after dinner espresso, a grappa and cigar, which is how I came across the group. Fortunately, the restaurant is outdoors. By the way, during my Jetblue flight back, the stewardess, walking across the aisle, asked me to put my mask back on as soon as she saw me not drinking the measly cup of soda I had. So yes, it can be done. Besides, certainly a tourist group does not need to holler maskless- which in addition to the Dominican tendency to scream streetside, rather than talking (often without masks) adds to the burden of keeping the virus under control for the Government.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Farmacias OPEN. Just left one that is not only open for customers but open 24/7 for customers. Located in Bavaro next to Plaza Lama in the gas station. And for supermarkets, they are also open. You just cannot eat there in the dining section if they have one.

DR1 is great for information, but there is a lot of "Fake News" here also...........................
What does being open yesterday have to do with the new regulations that run from today, January 1 until January 10?
Please pay attention to the regulations and dates upon which they apply.

NOTHING EVER SAID FARMACIAS WOULD BE CLOSED!!! JUST THAT THEY WOULD BE DELVERY ONLY> people to have a tough time with understanding the concept of "delivery only".

Now if if tell me you can walk in to your farmacia today, I would suggest they are violating the new regulations, but I guess that is just me.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Read post 90. Then read it a few times more......................
Post 90 was not about the regulations which start today. I suggest you read the regulations again, and again and yet one more time.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Do you honestly think that the only negative effect for the people by these draconian mesures is that they can's drink beer at their favorite pubs? Do you not realize how devastating this will be and if I were to bet, I'd be betting on extensions to these new curfews. I think not being able to work and put food on the table just might be a bit more important to everyone.
I don't see why the new curfews in the DR won't be continued until the government decides enough people have been vaccinated.
2021 is going to be the second very long year in a row. As for push back from the people, I am surprised they did not push back in April 2020.

tempo

Aug 5, 2020
US
There is an incredible amount of mis-information here on DR1 that is supported by people that just can't say they are wrong. They will "stick with their opinion" even when it is proven right in fromt of their eyes they are wrong.
It hurts their ego just as it hurts the feeling of a someone. Good news is that the shift change is coming, after which hopefully this forum, will swerve towards proven scientific findings discussing the DR issues, rather than opinion engendered by tweeter storms.

Status
Not open for further replies.