Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This as well as other insane contradictions make no sense. It's all about control not a Virus with a low death rate.
Not bad for the bottom lines for the Supermarkets as well as some other large companies. Think about it, you do the same volume in short hours saving ou a fortune on your labor costs, small light bill. I feel so sorry First for the kids, not getting an education and also the people in general, plus all the small business owners, like my ex. She works 7 days a week at her salon, which she bought from the past owners, paying off the note early. I don't see how she and many others will survive these closures.
Most of the people advocating for these draconian measures are living on
A. Pension
B. Retirement
C. Investments from abroad
D. All of the above.

Am I right or am I right?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yes, but we now that Mr Windeguy is a stickler for what he sees written and loves to let us know - just look at his endless posts about the law relating to tourist visa overstays. He seems to forget where he is living!
I know very well where I have lived for the past 17 years.

Just because the government says something, it doesn't mean it will be enforced.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The one farmacia I passed had a HUGE line waiting.... yes - 1 or 2 inside at a time but a window delivery too
That cannot be true. Anyone can go in whenever they want with as many at a time as want to since the Presidential decree has nothing to do with Farmacias.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
The supermercado/pharmacies in Puerto Plata today were a total madhouse zoo around 11am with everyone trying to get their shopping done before noon.

How this was more covid-safe vs having extended hours I don't know. I'm sure I got covid just shopping in the supercrowded aisles today.

Yes, I can imagine, for which reason we're really well prepared... We don't need to go to the supermarket for approx a week... And we won't let our supplies go down too much but rather when there are potentially fewer people on the street, we'll stock up again... I hate wasting time in traffic jams and in queues...

Agreed with your other point, shorter hours do mean that people have simply less time to do the same shopping, as I'd imagine every one of use needs to eat properly, curfew or not...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This as well as other insane contradictions make no sense. It's all about control not a Virus with a low death rate.
Not bad for the bottom lines for the Supermarkets as well as some other large companies. Think about it, you do the same volume in short hours saving ou a fortune on your labor costs, small light bill. I feel so sorry First for the kids, not getting an education and also the people in general, plus all the small business owners, like my ex. She works 7 days a week at her salon, which she bought from the past owners, paying off the note early. I don't see how she and many others will survive these closures.
The amount of damage these draconian restrictions are doing to people's livelihoods
is a conversation these fear mongering freaks are willing to have with us.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Not one person has yet to mention that this new, more stringent curfew went into effect 3 days before Día de Los Reyes.
Día de Los Reyes is still the number 1 day for gift giving here within RD.
While the official date is 6 January, this government moved the celebratory date to this Monday 4 January.
How in the world are adults supposed to acquire regalos for the children, when they are faced with New Years Day, and 2 days of 12pm curfews?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Not one person has yet to mention that this new, more stringent curfew went into effect 3 days before Día de Los Reyes.
Día de Los Reyes is still the number 1 day for gift giving here within RD.
While the official date is 6 January, this government moved the celebratory date to this Monday 4 January.
How in the world are adults supposed to acquire regalos for the children, when they are faced with New Years Day, and 2 days of 12pm curfews?
They are not and the freaks know it.
Rice and beans for thee but not for me (or my family)

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
The amount of damage these draconian restrictions are doing to people's livelihoods
is a conversation these fear mongering freaks are not willing to have with us.
2021 is a New Year. Euthanize the freaks!

Well because you seem to be the only one that knows people that are affected.......

To my surprise, construction work is up in my campo compared to pre-restrictions, it is harder to find a day worker for a 1 or 2 day job.
Beauty parlours are full and even required an appointment around Xmas and New Year---- unheard of in my parts.

Also, the poor working folks--- which make up a bloody large chunk of the DR population--- are probably BETTER off..... Not only have they not stopped working ( most are day workers, no work, no pay, kind ) but they get a couple thousand pesos each month from the government, compared to before when they got fukc all.

Reactions: drstock

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
is a conversation these fear mongering freaks are willing to have with us.
This is when I wish I were a citizen. I would love to be able to tell the government how stupid this is. But as a visitor, I just have to STFU. It's not my place to address the government.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This is when I wish I were a citizen. I would love to be able to tell the government how stupid this is. But as a visitor, I just have to STFU. It's not my place to address the government.
I'm not a citizen.
All of my money comes in from other countries.
CR's financial situation is secure. My Dominican friends are not
as fortunate as I am and I feel the need (after having several
conversations with them about how these draconian measures
are destroying people's livelihoods) to speak up on their
behalf and will continue to do so long as these measures
are in place.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Well because you seem to be the only one that knows people that are affected.......

To my surprise, construction work is up in my campo compared to pre-restrictions, it is harder to find a day worker for a 1 or 2 day job.
Beauty parlours are full and even required an appointment around Xmas and New Year---- unheard of in my parts.

Also, the poor working folks--- which make up a bloody large chunk of the DR population--- are probably BETTER off..... Not only have they not stopped working ( most are day workers, no work, no pay, kind ) but they get a couple thousand pesos each month from the government, compared to before when they got fukc all.
I seem to be the only one who knows people who are affected?
You must be kidding.
Beauty parlors are full? (please post a few pics)
Yes indeed.
Rice and beans for thee but not for me (or my family)

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
you best consult with the medical experts here, they will diagnose you and tell you what to take
I did and this is what the pharmacist recommended. And does it work. Let's you sleep with no cough.

Attachments

• IMG-f0a11175af151d138da935fb2f6d98af-V.jpg
    IMG-f0a11175af151d138da935fb2f6d98af-V.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

This has been the case for most of the country since the first quarter of 2020 in order to limit the number of persons in the establishment.
Sort of like pharmacies.

Status
Not open for further replies.