Curfew Tightened Considerably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I did and this is what the pharmacist recommended. And does it work. Let's you sleep with no cough.

1609614920609.png

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I seem to be the only one who knows people who are affected?
You must be kidding.
Beauty parlors are full? (please post a few pics)
Yes indeed.
Rice and beans for thee but not for me (or my family)

Yes in my parts beauty parlours are full ( well at least the ones the ladies deem " good" ).

No pics....
Twice in the past week, wife gave up on salón because of waiting times---- and yes it's Xmas and all that, but still. And you know what it takes for a dominicans to give up on a salón session.

Reactions: TropicalPaul

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That cannot be true. Anyone can go in whenever they want with as many at a time as want to since the Presidential decree has nothing to do with Farmacias.
I posted before
This place has been 'window' serving for weeks.....
Recently, they allowed 2-3 at a time in to buy

Big line today..... maybe some inside.... I was just passing

BTW - there is no law about banks and 10 at a time is there?
The individual store / business decides

Reactions: SKY

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Well because you seem to be the only one that knows people that are affected.......

To my surprise, construction work is up in my campo compared to pre-restrictions, it is harder to find a day worker for a 1 or 2 day job.
Beauty parlours are full and even required an appointment around Xmas and New Year---- unheard of in my parts.

Also, the poor working folks--- which make up a bloody large chunk of the DR population--- are probably BETTER off..... Not only have they not stopped working ( most are day workers, no work, no pay, kind ) but they get a couple thousand pesos each month from the government, compared to before when they got fukc all.
Same here in Cabrera Malko....

Life is bustling..... lots of construction, salons full (discretionary $$).....

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I tried to get a table for lunch at Tipico Bonao the other day, both branches had 14 tables on the waiting list. Definitely plenty of money sloshing around. Hotels are also doing very well at the moment, mainly because it's the only place you can go and have a drink and a meal out.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That cannot be true. Anyone can go in whenever they want with as many at a time as want to since the Presidential decree has nothing to do with Farmacias.
Not true. People had to be off the streets today(and tomorrow) by 12pm regardless of where they wanted to go.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not a good idea to do your grocery shopping on a Saturday or Sunday at the moment.
But yet that's what exactly everyone tried to do today, Massive traffic jams:

I can't wait to see what the supermarket will be like tomorrow morning at 7.

And the pharmacy in front of my house is open until 6 today.

Last edited:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
There seems to be a difference psychologically between choosing not to go out and not being allowed to go out. I'm feeling a bit more bored and trapped than usual. Lots of music again today in the neighborhood, but I don't hear any traffic. The poor dogs don't understand why we are not going out for their afternoon walk. I guess this would be a good time to catch up on some TV shows, if the neighbors would just turn down the music so I could hear the TV.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
There seems to be a difference psychologically between choosing not to go out and not being allowed to go out. I'm feeling a bit more bored and trapped than usual. Lots of music again today in the neighborhood, but I don't hear any traffic. The poor dogs don't understand why we are not going out for their afternoon walk. I guess this would be a good time to catch up on some TV shows, if the neighbors would just turn down the music so I could hear the TV.

I believe this was adressed in another thread line. What is?.......cognitive dissonance.

For the immediate problem at hand, have the dogs write a note addressed to President Luis Abinader, and courtesy copy Vice President Raquel Peña de Antuña, Minister of Public Health Plutarco Arias Arias, and Minister of Interior and Police Jesús Vásquez Martínez asking for permission to take you for a walk.

• Haha
Reactions: twoinsosua

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
quiet here in barrio, so strange, no noise, it’s sat. jan 2 @4:30pm? weird, like the twilight zone

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Have you been through Sabaneta/Veragua lately? It's grown more in the last 9 months than it has in the last 9 years. Soon to be a major choke point on the north coast highway.
Have you driven through Gaspar Hernandez lately....

• Haha
Reactions: PCMike

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
There seems to be a difference psychologically between choosing not to go out and not being allowed to go out.

First case: YOU choose not to go out...
Second case: YOU are not allowed to go out...

We haven't really gotten out that much during weekends during the pandemic as we'd like to avoid crowds and the kids have plenty of space outdoors within our complex, but it does still seem a bit odd... Also the silence after 12pm...

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
1609628362280.png

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Well because you seem to be the only one that knows people that are affected.......

To my surprise, construction work is up in my campo compared to pre-restrictions, it is harder to find a day worker for a 1 or 2 day job.
Beauty parlours are full and even required an appointment around Xmas and New Year---- unheard of in my parts.

Also, the poor working folks--- which make up a bloody large chunk of the DR population--- are probably BETTER off..... Not only have they not stopped working ( most are day workers, no work, no pay, kind ) but they get a couple thousand pesos each month from the government, compared to before when they got fukc all.
I can't remember when I have read a more inane post than yours. Yes everyone here works before 5 in the tarde Mon-Fri or. before noon on weekends. Beauty Parlors , no problems??? tell that to my ex that works 7 days a week and will probably lose her salon when this idiotic shut down finally ends. In what campo ? planet do you live???

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
We always ask who knows people who have had CV19

My House staff had it... a him/her situation...+ 3 children

Them plus one man in The doctor’s office....last week

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I can't remember when I have read a more inane post than yours. Yes everyone here works before 5 in the tarde Mon-Fri or. before noon on weekends. Beauty Parlors , no problems??? tell that to my ex that works 7 days a week and will probably lose her salon when this idiotic shut down finally ends. In what campo ? planet do you live???

A planet where apparently people don't go to beauty parlors during the night ?

Status
Not open for further replies.