Current cost of A/Cs and Invertors please.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
They are advertizing solar hot water heaters in the papers these days. Makes a lot of sense if electricity is a problem.

this is a very good thread with a lot of good information....pass it on..

HB

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Any electrical device that turns a motor (pumps, A/C, fridge) or is made to create heat (water heater, elec. stove, microwave) consumes a lot of power.

chadverizon

Apr 2, 2005
If it's a genuine Trace/Xantrex inverter (like DR3624) I think it's a good price and wouldn't mind having the supplier's address.

m'frog

For sure it is a real Trace/Xantrex. This is the third Trace I have owned since living here, three different houses. I'll get the exact info about the supplier and pass it on. I was very pleased with the price!

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Battery Klinic

Battery Klinic in Sosua could install the DR3624 Trace inverter with 8 batteries for about the same price . $1825 on the North Coast. So your price is very reasonable.

There is a WAVE inverter which is built of the exact same components as a Trace. I mean the SAME Guts with the same performances . With all the Trace secrets covered. Which is substantially less. It has all the same features and will perform exactly like the Trace. Even the assembly components are all the same brands as the Trace ! With 8 Batteries and installed the 3.6 KW sells for $1595.00 . (RD$ 53,000)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
They are advertizing solar hot water heaters in the papers these days. Makes a lot of sense if electricity is a problem.

this is a very good thread with a lot of good information....pass it on..

HB
Don't they require a pump?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is a WAVE inverter which is built of the exact same components as a Trace. I mean the SAME Guts with the same performances . With all the Trace secrets covered. Which is substantially less. It has all the same features and will perform exactly like the Trace. Even the assembly components are all the same brands as the Trace ! With 8 Batteries and installed the 3.6 KW sells for $1595.00 . (RD$ 53,000)
I have heard that sales pitch more times than I have socks in my drawers, from local inverter builders.
It's always as good as a Trace, same as a Trace, same components as a Trace, etc.
I don't believe it for a minute.
I've seen the "supposed" Traces in action, and they are NOT the same.
Figure it out.
For it to be the same, they would have to build it from original Trace components.
Everybody knows it cost more to build something from parts, than to buy it ready built.
Why in the world would Trace sell the parts cheaper than the completed device?
They would be creating their own competition.
And if you believe that the locally built internal transformer is the same, it's not.
It's a sales pitch that's existed as long as the sky has been blue.
We're already lucky that Trace/Xantrex inverters are as cheap or cheaper here than in the US, so why take a chance?
Why do you think the local inverter builders push their imitation Traces so much?
Because they are built with cheaper components and they make more profit.
Otherwise, why would they bother?