Current state of Toque de Queda/ shutdowns/ curfews

CristoRey

Welcome to Wonderland!
Apr 1, 2014
I think that if the government would pass in the media...TV...News...ect people in the hospital fighting to breed to stay alive. Also maybe interviews with people that survived thru a difficult time with covid 19. This might help certain people take this seriously.

People that do not know family member or close friends that had a bad time with covid-19 just go on their life as all is normal but once a family member gets infected and struggles to live then the people realize it could be them.
Nonsense.
Influenza killed thousands down here last year and nada blip.

CristoRey

Welcome to Wonderland!
Apr 1, 2014
Here's a nice one.
Watch the PN fight with people minding their business.
At one point they even beat up a pregnant girl. All in the
name of keeping you from getting sick.

CristoRey

Welcome to Wonderland!
Apr 1, 2014
Chasing people thru the streets where they live like rats.
What better way for the PN to gain the trust and respect from the
people who live in those communities.

CristoRey

Welcome to Wonderland!
Apr 1, 2014
Poor folks taking the brunt of the punishment.
Notice how we don't see the PN going into any
of the upscale areas of the big cities and harassing
the havitos having pool parties.

CristoRey

Welcome to Wonderland!
Apr 1, 2014
Talk about a professional response from a well trained police force.
Who do you think threw more bottles. The residents or the police?
I'd be willing to bet half of these muppets couldn't pass a drug test.

CristoRey

Welcome to Wonderland!
Apr 1, 2014
In this one it appears the camera man
got attacked by a feral cat. It happens.

CristoRey

Welcome to Wonderland!
Apr 1, 2014
Looks like all of the bad press after 8 is finally starting
to have an impact on how they interact with people
during this nonsense.

JDJones

Moderator - Covid 19 in DR & North Coast
Jan 7, 2016
Dude, I think you made your point. No need to post every video you find.

Reactions: CristoRey

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I think that if the government would pass in the media...TV...News...ect people in the hospital fighting to breed to stay alive. Also maybe interviews with people that survived thru a difficult time with covid 19. This might help certain people take this seriously.

People that do not know family member or close friends that had a bad time with covid-19 just go on their life as all is normal but once a family member gets infected and struggles to live then the people realize it could be them.
I think as people see with their own eyes (not BS from the GOV) the very small numbers of people dying from this virus they will be MORE reluctant to accept the Gov BS. I ask everyone I talk to how many people they personally know who died of the virus and so far out of MANY questioned I had 2 say that they did actually know someone personally. As months pass and this continues I expect Dominicans to respond more strongly against these lock downs, plus they are idiotic, virus spreads only at night? I saw 7 people in a few conchos yesterday while have a few beers, I guess that is ok because it was before curfew . THOUSANDS of Dominicans use conchos and busses filled past capacity every day but I guess as long as it is before curfew, no problem. Question - How do you social distance with driver and 2 passengers in the front and 4 people in the back of a 1989 Toyota Corolla???

Reactions: CristoRey

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Nonsense.
Influenza killed thousands down here last year and nada blip.
Yes, and they didn't shut down the country and take people's livelihoods away from them. The longer this goes on the more, prior peaceful citizens will revert to crime, some of it violent. This, the shut downs not the virus is the real travesty. and before some of you want to tell me about the people that have died from the virus or suffered, I am well aware that it has effected some people and I feel for them, just as I feel for those that die of cancer, heart attacks, or car/motor accidents (especially when they are innocent passengers and not drunken idiot drivers)