Current state of Toque de Queda/ shutdowns/ curfews

Status
Not open for further replies.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
there is no curfew on any of the private resort grounds, like casa de Campo, Cap Cana or any of the AI Resort grounds.
Curfew is outside for public roads/places.
Very true but Casa De Campo is 10 square miles of area...with no curfew.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Very true but Casa De Campo is 10 square miles of area...with no curfew.
yeah, like the 33.000 acres of Cap Cana and 15.000 acres for Punta Cana Resort &Club.
also large here on the East is the Barcelo Beach Resort with 8.5 squarekilometers
Casa de Campo is also big, yes, it covers around 6.400 acres.

Last edited:
Reactions: GusFring

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
On the positive side of things, I spent the past two days driving around the capital looking for a car to buy. I was impressed on the amount of masks being used. Just about everyone! Social distancing still seems to be a bit of problem but quite frankly I saw no difference on this and the manner in which it is done in the states. We had a bite to eat in a lunch area of a supermarket and again well run. Clean-up guy walking around cleaning table tops, sweeping floor, and in general trying to find seating for the crowd. Saw that we didn't have a table, and didn't want to share, he took care of it and got a table, wiped it clean and I was glad to give him 50 pesos. Car dealer, all in masks, and in fact ,handed us hand cleaner in the office without us asking. Things like this seem to becoming the norm.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Gus, With 10 sq. miles of area, social distancing is almost a given.
With enough available space physical distancing is possible, that alone does not mean people will keep their distance. People like mosquitoes tend to bunch up around places of interest to them. The fact that someone else is already standing/sitting there hasn't yet become a consideration for some.

Reactions: JD Jones

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
the figures are buried somewhere in the reports.... but they're running at +/-20%
while the country is 10% or less these days

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Reactions: PCMike

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I was out on Sunday and the streets/sidewalks of Sosua were extremely busy. Lousy aggressive drivers and pedestrians everywhere. Grocery stores were doing a steady business as was the pharmacy. Prices seem to be rising regularly and inventory of some items is severely lacking and not being restock as quickly as it was in the past. What really struck me was the number of people moving about, jostling with each other for space in the shops and comadores (sp?). Basically people everywhere you turned. Most wearing masks but not all and not a lot of distance being kept by the majority of people. It was a free for all at most service counters. If the business wasn't managing the customers, then there was no physical distancing being observed.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
I was out on Sunday and the streets/sidewalks of Sosua were extremely busy. Lousy aggressive drivers and pedestrians everywhere. Grocery stores were doing a steady business as was the pharmacy. Prices seem to be rising regularly and inventory of some items is severely lacking and not being restock as quickly as it was in the past. What really struck me was the number of people moving about, jostling with each other for space in the shops and comadores (sp?). Basically people everywhere you turned. Most wearing masks but not all and not a lot of distance being kept by the majority of people. It was a free for all at most service counters. If the business wasn't managing the customers, then there was no physical distancing being observed.
..the prices rising regularly..is the thing I have noticed most..every trip to the grocery store things are more expensive..yesterday at nacional Baileys Irish cream that was $800 pesos is now $1096 pesos, a good bottle of rum had the same increase...In this economy thats a sign of inflation.. the peso is worth less, on a more positive note Presidente beer is coming out with a new flavor GOLDEN LIGHT..I am holding my breath for that one...........

Status
Not open for further replies.