Current state of Toque de Queda/ shutdowns/ curfews

Status
Not open for further replies.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Can some please tell me what the current state of shutdowns and curfews are in the country?
It's a mess, a complete mess
and it will remain in effect until
we have a vaccine or all the covid
freaks die off...
Which ever happens first.
Be careful walking around without
a mask on especially in Rio San Juan.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
I expect the curfew to be scaled back or eliminated by the first week of December. There are tourism sector and other businesses hanging on by their fingernails until then. I hope I'm not wrong. I was at the Parque Colon yesterday afternoon during the height of Carolina's pedestrian zone event. Thousands of people passed through and lingered in that space packed like sardines and very few wearing masks. I'm not a scientist but I don't see that an 8 hour overnight curfew will mitigate that sort of thing unless you can only be infected at night.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Everyone would be happy with 2 more hours added to the curfew
It would still provide the government cover and give tourism a slight shot in the arm, albeit too late to save the season.

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete
Where I live, people have started to visit the river's, and the curfew is less respected than before.

So what the effect of curfew will be, in December, remains to be seen.

As a gringo, I feel more secure locked down in my house during curfew.

Not a big deal for me (the curfew) but I hope the beaches and maybe river's could stay open.

Reactions: PCMike

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Don't think you can hide your party calling it a church.

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
In Maimon Bonao. All seems pretty back to normal except for Sundays when the Accion Rapida comes to town. Locals and local police pretty much tired of the lockdown. Face masks not required.

Reactions: DonDimi

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
In Maimon Bonao. All seems pretty back to normal except for Sundays when the Accion Rapida comes to town. Locals and local police pretty much tired of the lockdown. Face masks not required.

No curfew in Azua and 9ther localities

Reactions: DonDimi

CDNBear

Banned
Sep 29, 2020
Cabarete

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
With any luck they'll start dying off soon and things will get back to normal.
With cases "surging" around the world, more restrictions, curfews and protests are happening. Winter weather in the cold countries will make that even worse.
New highs in those amazingly well governed countries as well.

CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. I see no reason the curfews won't be extended in the DR over and over and over again.

Reactions: Mcinbrass

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
With cases "surging" around the world, more restrictions, curfews and protests are happening. Winter weather in the cold countries will make that even worse.
New highs in those amazingly well governed countries as well.

CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay. I see no reason the curfews won't be extended in the DR over and over and over again.
I agree. The freaks are definitely in full control. I'm (cautiously) optimistic at some point in our life time that will change but not holding my breath.

dingolay

Aug 28, 2014
Puerto Plata
I expect the curfew to be scaled back or eliminated by the first week of December. There are tourism sector and other businesses hanging on by their fingernails until then. I hope I'm not wrong. I was at the Parque Colon yesterday afternoon during the height of Carolina's pedestrian zone event. Thousands of people passed through and lingered in that space packed like sardines and very few wearing masks. I'm not a scientist but I don't see that an 8 hour overnight curfew will mitigate that sort of thing unless you can only be infected at night.
Any removal of the curfew will lead to chaos and misery. It's crowds and spike up or less crowds and spike down. We have to make smart choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.