Customer Service and Sales job

John_E

Aug 21, 2020
Atlanta, GA
Job title: Customer Service and Sales

Job requirement: the candidate must speak English and Spanish, must have basic computer skills and internet use, must have call center experience or experience selling products to customer

The candidate must be self-starter, reliable with good work ethic and willing to learn new stuff

Work days/hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, 25,000 pesos per month plus one time 20% commissions on each sale then 5% on other IT project.

Pay on the 15th and on the 30th each month

Job location: work in our call center in Sosua, DR

Product selling: Software as service www.wmoneytransfer.com

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
With a base salary of $2.75 USD per hour, good luck finding anybody. I think the sugar cane pickers make more than that.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
With a base salary of $2.75 USD per hour, good luck finding anybody. I think the sugar cane pickers make more than that.

Yea but caners don't work year round. $2.75/hour equates to over 25k DOP which is not horrible, given the low cost of living. The problem though is it really isn't enough to build up a savings account.

CristoRey

Silver
Apr 1, 2014
joesidda,

I've been working in the call center industry down here for several years
and I know it well.
Unless you have a Dominican cedula you will have a hard time finding a
job in a halfway decent call center. The informal (and there are hundreds
of them) call centers will gladly hire an English only speaking person.
Be advised they will also be quick to screw you out of your salary/ commissions
a hundred different ways without you having a proper contract for any legal
recourse.

Call center wages are better than most entry level jobs in this country but are
absolute sh*t if you compare them to what you'd make doing the same exact job
in the states.

If you want to earn a decent wage working remote while living down here and you
don't have any specific qualifications, I highly recommend you register with LiveOps
or one of the dozen other reputable companies hiring for remote work from home
while you are still in the USA. Once you're working, you can pick/ create/ commit to
your own hours with a lot of flexibility and all of them pay more than any local call
center down here is going to shell out, I guarantee you.

The reason I say register while still in the states is when they first hire you, they will
check to make sure you are not using a VPN working from outside the country but
once you are working for about a month you can purchase a static IP address from a company
like NordVPN and continue working from anywhere on the planet for a livable wage.
I know several Dominicans who have recently been taking the exact same steps (with
the help of a family member or relative with access to a computer in the USA) and
are earning two or three times what they've been making the during last 2 or 3 years
while at the same time working less hours.