Customs broker shipping car

Status
Not open for further replies.

WMT

Oct 29, 2007
Hi.

The last thread I found on this dated from 2009 and the broker suggested has disappeared.

I have found two cars I want to import from South Carolina. My first question is: Does anyone know an honest customs agent/broker who can help me clear these?

Second question: Right now I am looking to ship from Jaxport (Jacksonville), but they only ship to POP which I understand is the worst port to ship to (and also the furthest for me to get to). I live near Punta Cana. Also, it would be easier to ship from SC to here. So, does anyone know of a good shipper for cars (rolling stock, or I could put them both in a container) from SC to Haina or somewhere south (maybe La Romana?)? Cars are 2 Prius, 2010.

Thanks,
WMT

beekaynz

Aug 12, 2011
i have used Encargo in Miami to ship two cars in the past. Very good service.
They do everything - matricula, plate etc and will deliver to your door on on a truck.
Prices are reasonable.

WMT

Oct 29, 2007
I assume that you mean EncargoPaq. I looked them up and have written to them. Thank you for the lead.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Is a "Prius" an "Electric Vehicle"????????
If it is, don't buy them, OR ship them here.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I just looked it up.
It is a "Hybred Electric".
That is not a choice for the DR.
They can't fix a "Regular" vehicle here.
There are no parts available.
"No Way"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WMT

Oct 29, 2007
Thank you for the heads-up. I'm a mechanic, so not a huge issue. And I have seen them here already. Having two allows to be a little patient while waiting for parts from the US, if necessary. I have a RAV4 now and most of my parts come from the US already. But thank you for your concern.

WMT

Oct 29, 2007
Actually a quick check on the Web shows several 2007 and 2008 on offer in the country. There is supposedly a club started, but I don't have the contact information.

WMT

Oct 29, 2007
Import completed

Another option I used for brokerage to Canada is W2C. Give them a look when in need. ;)

I went the easy route. I have a friend whose husband owns a car dealership. She made the arrangements through her broker. Even with giving her a $650 paperwork bonus, it still worked out to be $1,500 cheaper than if I had done it on my own.

Since buying and importing four years ago, I have had to change the ECU Inverter. Toyota gave me a new one because there was a recall, but the wait was about 4-5 months. So I bought a used one on line for a good price and put in myself. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJodIlkBngQ). After Toyota swapped out my used one for their new one, I gave them the old, burned out one (as I should) and put my used one back in. I now have a new one for sale. =D

Hope this helps someone.
WMT

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Good to see the OP replying to his four year old thread.  Looks like Marius didn't see the date stamp on the original post.

Glad it worked out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.