Cutting the Cord

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
I'm thinking of just using the internet to view TV.
If I use just over the air antenna for local channels, do I need a digital one or the old UHF type.

In America everything went digital a few years back so you had to buy a digital box or antenna. If was funny because the government gave everyone a year notice and people still screamed they didn't know, so it was pushed back almost another year.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I'm thinking of just using the internet to view TV...............

If you do that will you change your Claro plan to just internet? .......... or internet and phone? Without a landline phone you can't order Pizza Hut or KFC. When I switched apartments it took a couple weeks to get landline installed and PH or KFC would not deliver unless I called from a landline phone, please don't ask me why. So I had to go downstairs and let concierge call from the building landline.

Also check into the cost difference between packages. I am watching the Giants now in HDTV, don't think you can get the same quality picture streaming the game (if the game is available for streaming). I will get rid of HBO and increase my internet speed as soon as I stop being lazy......LOL

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
If you do that will you change your Claro plan to just internet? .......... or internet and phone? Without a landline phone you can't order Pizza Hut or KFC. When I switched apartments it took a couple weeks to get landline installed and PH or KFC would not deliver unless I called from a landline phone, please don't ask me why. So I had to go downstairs and let concierge call from the building landline.

Also check into the cost difference between packages. I am watching the Giants now in HDTV, don't think you can get the same quality picture streaming the game (if the game is available for streaming). I will get rid of HBO and increase my internet speed as soon as I stop being lazy......LOL

Good points. I'm streaming now, and the quality is good. I didn't know about the land line issues. I will have to check the plans.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Good points. I'm streaming now, and the quality is good. I didn't know about the land line issues. I will have to check the plans.

That was last year when it happened. I even had a person who speaks perfect Dominican Spanish call Pizza Hut and they told her she had to place the order from the land line or give them the land line number. Only thing I can think of they can trace the land line to a valid street address.

Next time you call Pizza Hut or KFC try it from your cell and see what happens. Like I said, that was last year and possibly things have changed.

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
I'm thinking of just using the internet to view TV.
If I use just over the air antenna for local channels, do I need a digital one or the old UHF type.

In America everything went digital a few years back so you had to buy a digital box or antenna. If was funny because the government gave everyone a year notice and people still screamed they didn't know, so it was pushed back almost another year.

I cut the cord like 7 month ago, I only pay 1 bill: Internet.
and I still watch all my movies, and tv channels including DRs.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Beat me to it.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about IPTV, even from the FTA guys. Sounds like satellite dishes are about to become obsolete.

IPTV is the future. FTA Satellite is becoming too painful and eventually will disappear.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
ha back in states im having digital ant..installed for house...free...monthly if a tenant wants more they can get for themselves

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014
Beat me to it.

I'm hearing a lot of good things about IPTV, even from the FTA guys. Sounds like satellite dishes are about to become obsolete.

We had satellite in my house, it sucked having to buy new hardware every now and then, while IPTV Client I just need to update the list from now and then, to get new channels or removed outdated ones.