D.R. A Common Wealth?????

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Poor kitty cat

Delusions of grandeur quickly come to mind.

Kitty, would you like me to send you a spell check program, your gibberish is hard enough to understand if it were properly written, impossible with your 4th grade writing skills

Janice

tiger

Endangered Species!
Jan 26, 2002
Boring Janice

I've seen everybody mispelling words on this forum including your self, english teacher?..another cheap shot! people like you always break in to cause disorder and distract the subject. Go knit some sweaters and buy 50,000 cats.

Tiger rules!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Go Pedro Martinez!

Aren,t those Dominican ball players great!? Really talented. Did you know that 26 American baseball teams have schools in the Dominican Republic to develope Dominican "Talent"? The young Dominicans are taught baseball,and English!Then the Dominican ball-players come to the US to play baseball.They are paid Millions of American dollars.The American team Owners also make millions of American dollars.A Dominican-American Partnership!Long Live The Dominican Republic,Long Live the Dominican Ball Players,and long live BaseBall!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

SROD

Dec 22, 2004
Reply to D.R A Common Weath

First I am surprised that Puerto Rico would be bashed for being a commonwealth when the highest number of legal and illegal immigrants entering the island are from the Dominican Republic. Secondly as for the Dominican Republic becoming the next common wealth...this is not going to happen. You are under the assumption Puerto Rico went up to the U.S. government and requested to become a common wealth. The U.S. came and took it and did not stop to ask anyones opinion. By the way this relationship has cost Puerto Ricans blood and money. Do you forget who fought side by side with the U.S. as U.S. soldiers during WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam and every other war afterwards. While most Latin Americans have the luxury of sending their sons back home to dodge the draft...Puerto Ricans don't. I think we need to be a little more knowledgeable before we make statements going forward.
Thank you

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Yes, AND we're back---

To the subject at hand.................

As to Tiger????????

Well,

Never has so much been said that has no meaning nor future, when all is said and done!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen many diatribes on these forums over the past 3 years, but the ones by Tiger really take the dessert!!

Such visions of the 60's when being different was the mode...Could it be that he is stuck there??? Methinks perhaps so.

Such diatribes as the ones written are definately passe; and the attribution to the PR vs DR status relative to Venezuela is really out in "left" field (did I make a funny??)!

As to the DR ever becoming a commonwealth status to the US, ireally don't think so. Puerto Rico costs enough in taxpayer's money as it is and I personally don't think the US is capable of taking on another sinkhole for those tax dollars. Maybe as a state, if Congress will approve such a move. You have to bear in mind the necessary transition in the political arena first.

Texas Bill

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
El jefe de mierda...

El Jefe said:
I agree with Hillbilly...won't happen...no way. The real blessing, for the US would be for Puerto Pobre, I mean Rico to vote itself out of the commonwealth status or, and I 'm sure they don't want to do this, become a State...at least then we could tax them and get back some of the welfare money

I am sick of this Puerto Rico bashing. Pick up a book(if you know how to read) and brush up on your history. There is a reason why the latin american countries in this hemisphere are economically underdeveloped. It is because of US intervention and their destabilization tactics to keep political and social chaos as a rule of thumb so that economic interests of US corporations remain untouched. The Dominican Republic is no exception. This country will never thrive because rest assured the U.S. does not want another independant democracy in this hemisphere that is not getting its resources sucked dry and its wealth re-allocated back to the states. The book is called "Bitter Fruit" and it tells the sad tale of how Guatemala went from burgeoning democracy to corrupt dictatorship because of U.S. intervention and economic undermining. The same thing happened in Puerto Rico. How do you expect a country to stand up for itself when the people do not own any of the main money-making businesses like the hotels?

The DR will remain what it is, despite all of the pathetic attempts on this forum to paint it otherwise with talk of its middle and upper classes-a sad, corrupt little third world country of which 70% of its population want to get the hell AWAY from. The fourth poorest country in the western hemisphere.

One thing you will not find in Puerto Rico are grown men(many of them police officers!)devoid of any pride begging tourists for money as soon as they see them getting off the plane. And that's just for starters. So leave this topic alone, already.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Hussein hasnt done anything to the US, but he was a Hitler in the making and I'm glad the US took him out despite the missions high cost and risks.

If the US hadnt done it, and Hussein was ruling the middle east, then you would probably cry about those 'coward' americans wouldnt you? I am not American, so save your breath.

What was the original post about again?

tiger said:
I have a question for you. What has Saddam Hussien done Sooo..terrible to the people of the United States! out side of the fact that those chemicals that he used against the Kurds were directly supplied by the U.S. and to be also used against their neighbor Iranians. Who punched the U.S. in eye for spying on them in their homeland. Then seduced Saddam into attacking his Iranian brothers., They love to have nation fight against each other, especially if their is a tremendous amount oil$$$. while they sit in Washingon and laugh at millions dieing... freaking disgusting. And just in case! Kuwait (was formed by the axis powers after world war one) is Iraqs 49th Province! if you did'nt know that? The Iraqies had a right in claiming their territory. You see, it's a big part of the U.S. gov'nt to use psychological tactic in making propaganda foes..soon they're be picking on Hugo Chavez in Venezuela but, Hugo has a great adviser whom the U.S. hasn't been able to touch! even their evil tactics have failed for more then fourty yrs.! I like him, his cool, he sees Venezualas future in their own hands, not in the hands of foreign economic powers ...you see, it is blind justice that American institutions teach! they desparetely need to deceive!!.... It has been a great part of this system from it's inception.That's how it works, to keep you totally under their control, so that whatever U.S.gov'nt says.. you believe like a fool! And there are millions of you out there.

Do me a favor Sweety.. don't throw names at me cause I can handle you just like I've handled the others...PEACE TO YOU the best from Tiger.

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
DR , a commomwealth?, thats a serious first . I dont see it happenin , ever!!! .For the simple fact that not only will it be a burden for the USA(which they dont exactly need right now) , but the population wouldnt go for it.Certain things like nationalism dont die out .PR is pretty well off now but thats the price they pay for it(no independance), Dominicans are gettin closer to achieving the same status as PR without having anyone else govern us.