D'Arcy Wright - Phone Records & Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
According to Codetel not all the activity shown is billed.
What your looking at is an activity log, not what they necessarily bill the client.

Yes, that is what I was trying to say. Only once the company do a bill run based on the activity logs, a bill will be produced based on the subscription plan the customer has. That is normally also the time the accounting of the duration gets converted from seconds into minutes(only on the bill, not on the activity logs). I still think what we are seeing here are seconds, not minutes.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Now I know why the Cell phone bills are so high in this country. The phones dial numbers on their own. No human is even necessary to run up a bill here.

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
sounds like it was suck on re-dial if it was phoning the same number every few seconds
so broken??

It's just the phone itself checking for new data such as email, RSS feeds, the weather report, whatever he had set up in his phone.

curtandsandi

Nov 26, 2006
www.curtandsandi.net
Now that D?Arcy has come back, we would like to address some of the questions people have asked since our initial post.

Can you restore the company (Sosua Property)?

The company is not ours to restore. As we had plans to move to another country, we were advised that our best option was to sell the company and transfer all of the shares therefore releasing ourselves from any future liability.

Was a non-compete clause included in the contract?

Yes, there was a 2 year non-compete clause which is still in effect, as D?Arcy purchased the company outright.

Have we received the full amount owed for the company?

No, as the ?sales contract? stated that the company was paid for in full, there was a second contract signed that included a payment plan for the amount of money we loaned to D?Arcy for the purchase of the company. According to the ?loan? contract, the first payment was due on January 1, 2010. Although this contract is now in default, it does not affect the original ?sales? contract, and only gives us the option to target his assets. As the company is no longer an asset, as all of the clients have left, this leaves us the option to go after some desks and office equipment as well as our car (97 Toyota Rav 4) that was included in the contract (although it is currently sitting in the repair shop with a $43,000rd invoice owing for the accident D?Arcy had). After paying the attorney fees for this, there certainly wouldn?t be much left over.

Have the ex-employees been paid?

There was not enough money in the office to pay the employees their payroll for December 1 ? 15 and their Navidad (13th month), however thanks to some very generous people from a couple of the associations, we came pretty close. The employees did not however receive their liquidation (including one employee on maternity leave) and their health insurance expires this month as the premiums were not paid (including the employees new baby).

Have trashed reputations been vindicated?

No, although it is now obvious that we did not murder D?Arcy, the finger pointing has not stopped. Now it has turned to us being responsible because the ?kidnappers? were actually looking for Curt (all of this is comes from Rocky?s). In addition, we are still being accused of ?cooking the books? and selling D?Arcy a ?Lemon?.

Is it true that the ?kidnappers? were looking for Curt?

No, no phone calls or ransom demands were made for the safe return of Curt. In addition, we never received a phone call from anyone actively at "Ground Zero" upon D?Arcy?s return warning us that since the ?kidnappers? now knew that they had the wrong guy, Curt might be in danger.

Were the employees liquidated upon the sale of the company?

No, there was no need to liquidate the employees for a couple of reasons. They actually had been working for the corporation that was sold, and since they were continuing to work for that corporation, there was no need to liquidate them. If an employee quits, or is fired ?with cause?, severance pay/unemployment is not owed to that employee if all of the correct legal steps are taken, therefore again, there was no reason to liquidate the employees due to a sale.

Did Todd ever repay the money to open the safe?

No, not only did he not pay the $3,500rd for opening the safe, our expenses have continued in association with D?Arcy?s disappearance.

In addition to the $34,478rd stated in our original post, we have since paid and additional $5,400rd to cancel the telephone contracts as the name transfer was never completed, we will also be responsible for the December invoice.

Have you spoken to D?Arcy?

No, we have not heard one word from D?Arcy, his family, nor anyone at ?Ground Zero? since his return.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions that we have:

According to the phone records, Marco from Rocky's called D'Arcy on December 7th & 8th, and then not again (D'Arcy went "missing" on the 9th)... If your best friend was "missing", why would you not call and leave him a message? In addition, we did not see any phone calls from family members, the only 2 international calls came from NY.

Why was it so important to pick up D'Arcy's belongings on Christmas Eve?

How did his brother know to specifically look and ask for a 23" Samsung monitor and "other" little digital camera (at the house) and his IPhone charger (at the office) when he was picking up all of D'Arcy's personal belongings?

Why didn't we ever hear from D'Arcy upon his return to thank us for contacting the Canadian Consular Office, posting fliers all around town, fielding phone calls, paying his company bills, taking care of his employees (to the best of our ability), etc...?

Why didn't we get any response from Marco or Todd on December 15th when we notified them that D'Arcy had logged into his Facebook account (we have screenshots of D'Arcy being logged in and screen shots of Marco being notified (and not responding)?

This is it, as far as facts go - we have tried very hard to keep our opinions out of this and will not get tied up in the back/forth. If you have a legitimate question that we can answer, feel free to send us a PM.

Curt Erickson & Sandi Stutesman

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
If I ever get kidnapped, i am going to make sure it is in the Dominican Republic.The hell with Colombia, those DR kidnappers are true gentleman.
First they will lock up and feed the dogs, then those nice guys will even lock the place up. They are so considerate that they risk getting caught by letting you check your messages and send some texts. Then they allow you to keep that worthless little gold ring, and don't take your bank card or youe pesos.And those guys even go through the trouble of putting you up in a nice beach hotel in Boca Chica..Those guys sound more like tour guides then kidnappers.
Does anyone have the kidnappers number? I would like to take a nice 18 day vacation with them.
AS THE FAMOUS DENNIS DEYOUNG SAID, THE JIG IS UP, THE NEWS IS OUT!!!

So D'Arcy and family, please no more god filled post filled with BS, you have insulted our intellegence for long enough. You have played with our emotions long enough. D'Arcy, you have ruined many friendships with your cowardly actions. You have ruined a thriving business that Curt and Sandi built, and sold to you in good faith, for a fair price. Not to mention all the supposed friends wo were so sure they were behind your dissapearance. As your blacksheep brother todd also thought. D'Arcy, you have caused all these problems because you bought a business to live your dream in Sosua, but soon found out that it was not just easy money and cruising for chicas all day. So you took the cowardly way out.
So for everyone who says it is nobodys business, it is when you see how much damage this I.S.O.C. member, has caused so many innocent people.
I Am personally upset with D'Arcy, for the countless hours that i spent praying for him.Time that could have been used for people who really needed it..
I couldn't have said it better.
I also feel like a pendejo. I also spend days thinking of what a horrible way this poor man must have been killed and buried somewhere in a field. I also prayed for his safe return but the long time had seriously made me believe the worst outcome among all the possibilities. Once I had learned he was alive and found. i was very happy and relieved but after reading the story printed on dr1, I began to see a different picture altogether. Now I am actually disgusted to see how good people like curt and sandy have been robbed out of money, the business going to hell and people losing jobs; not to mention, all of us so greatly disturbed by this saga.
Oh well, I am still glad he is alive but I also believe he should man up and admit to his crime and undo the damage he has caused to so many people.

AZB
AZB

May 12, 2005
I knew along that D'Arcy's story.............

bull****.jpg

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
The phone never "slept" from 12/10 at 13:00 until 12/13 at 22:32. Did all of this activity require someone to push a button on the phone? If so, it indicates the user(s) did not sleep for over 72 hours, and then took an 8 and a half hour break.

I'm sorry, but this phone log creates more questions than answers in my mind.

But lets assume that on its face Mr. Wright was there the entire time, on hiatus, and the personal interview is true. I believe this to be a cowardly act.

On the other side of this, the sellers of the business are equally at fault by allowing Mr. Wright to buy the property.

I believe there are character flaws on both sides of this mystery, and the composition of this thread alone solidifies my opinion. I would do business with neither party.

Prodical

Apr 14, 2007
Thank you for taking the time to post these things Robert. It is obvious that you too are really going the extra mile to support your friends, and that is a good thing. I do not think that you were involved in the disappearance of D'Arcy, and those that said anything of the sort are wrong. I do however feel that the related threads were moderated with a heavy and unfair hand. That is your call though and NOT MINE.

For me, this evidence does nothing for me. Just as the evidence given by the inner circle has been accused of as possibly being doctored or paid for, so too can this evidence. Honestly, I do not think that this will be over for me until I can look D'Arcy in the eyes and hear out of his own mouth that what he says happened, did truly happen.

When that time comes (and it will), if I feel what he is saying is untrue.. I will come back and apologize.

I really believe this can go back and forth forever and really not accomplish anything. I too feel sorry for the innocent employees and such who were affected. I have given all I can to this and now will bow out. I pray that the truth comes out someday no matter what it actually is.

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
The phone never "slept" from 12/10 at 13:00 until 12/13 at 22:32. Did all of this activity require someone to push a button on the phone? If so, it indicates the user(s) did not sleep for over 72 hours, and then took an 8 and a half hour break.

No, the latest generations of 'smart phones' have what is called push technology. This means the phone initiates action on his own to retrieve data such as emails, RSS feeds, checking an Outlook server, etc.

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
Ok, so since the phone was on this entire time, how many phone calls were actually made, and who made them, and to whom?

More unanswered questions, but my overall opinion of all parties remains solidly unchanged.

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I was going to post a note to D'arcy on here and after I started typing it I figured it wasn't appropriate for the board. So, I sent it to his message inbox. Not sure if he will ever logon to this site though. Thanks for sending me his personal email.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
How did you come up with that?

Your logic eludes me. :ermm:

It is true that you cannot save someone from themselves. When money transactions are involved, like the purchase of a business, it is possible that good judgment gets clouded.

Good judgment was not used on either side of this transaction, and continues to elude all of is in the form of defensive posturing, innuendo, and half truths.

The lesson in all of this is to choose business partners, sellers, buyers, whoever, very carefully, and when the ink is on the paper that closes the transaction, one should never give a hoot about the other in any form or fashion.

A deal is a deal. The failed business is of no concern to the sellers. A failed loan is. Anything beyond this, like all of this character assassination, which is still continuing from both sides, is all I needed to read to convince myself that I could never do business with either party based on judgment, pre, during and post "hiatus".

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
..... On the other side of this, the sellers of the business are equally at fault by allowing Mr. Wright to buy the property.

Wow, I hope none of my friends ever have to go before a jury that you are on...

What an absolutely ridiculous statement!

Don

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Yes, it could be there were no kidnappers. It also could be that we don't have all the facts yet, so it might be better to wait until all the facts are known before reaching a conclusion. At least that is the way I see it.

What other facts do you need to reach a conclusion!

The bottom line here is D'arcy Was Not Kidnapped and he knew people were looking for him including family and friends and he chose to ignore these people for self importance.

I have reached a verdict

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
To big dan:

May I please have some of whatever it is you are smoking/inhaling/drinking?

Seriously...come on!!!

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Easy... the statements were paid for by those who had a vested interest in seeing the events go their way.. that is how they can be explained.

I am NOT saying that is the case, I am only saying that is possible... just as the others say the PI or Colonel's statements could have been bought.

Real fact is that we all know that colonels in the D.R. are easy to buy

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I do however feel that the related threads were moderated with a heavy and unfair hand. That is your call though and NOT MINE.

Let me say what actually happened. There was absolutely no conspiracy to moderate any of the D'Arcy threads to reflect one point of view or another.

We were given instructions to let people speak their minds. I personally deleted a couple of comments due to off-topic bashing in the threads that were in my section.

Those posters received explanations as to why their posts were deleted.

THAT WAS IT.

So the tide turned from concern to skepticism to what we now have here-righteous indignation and flat-out outrage.

This collective about-face was not due to the svengali-like moderating we are accused of engaging in. We cannot control what people feel about any particular subject, nor are we allowed to swing the tide by engaging in biased editing and the deleting of posts.

This happened because the majority of posters looked at what was being presented, had doubts and voiced them.

Prodigal, in protecting a friend out of blind loyalty, you are casting aspersions at people who have absolutely nothing to gain from taking a side one way or another. There was no collectively pre-set agenda on the part of the DR1 moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.