D'Arcy Wright - Phone Records & Interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2007
2. If he had been drugged with say Rophynol, it leaves no trace after 72 hours, no visible evidence of being drugged, but a complete or partial memory loss, and headaches.
Matilda

Actually, Rohypnol much like it's Benzodiazepine "Cousins" can de detected in the human body months after ingestion. Hair sampling and or testing of adipose tissue can show residuals of the drug AND associated compounds from it's metabolism for up to 3 months, depending on person/amount of drug etc.

It would depend on the jurisdiction as to how this "late testing" is viewed and would of course open up serious chain of custody issues if done weeks after the alleged incident

I did "learn" this after being called as a witness (completely different issue) in a Courts Martial and listening to the testimony of Doctors, Lab Techs and Forensic Chemists

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
cell phone aside

D'Arcy had access to the land line at the hotel (which it was stated he utilized)

D'Arcy had access to internet at the hotel (which it was stated he utilized)

He only contacted the people whom he trusted to cover his tracks.

That's a lot of smoke. There must be a fire somewhere.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
So whilst all of this is very interesting, I for the life of me cannot see how it proves that the whole thing was a fake! It is just as likely that Darcy was kidnapped and drugged as he said and for some reason ended up in Boca Chica.

There is no proof it was him using his cell phone, and to my mind the hotel interview proves more that he was trying to get his head together, rather than living it up!!!

But then what do I know??!!!

Matilda

Why go to Boca Chica? Why not head back to Sosua where his friends and support system are? Not only is it closer to Santiago but after surviving such a traumatic event in foreign country would it not make more sense to seek out the people you know? At very least, find the closest law enforcement officer. I know cops in the DR aren't the greatest but if they were able to help me in Santiago when I couldn't find a taxi back into town, I am sure they would have offered some basic assistance.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
The comment on "mongers" being everywhere surely didn't imply that these people were being held up for admiration. I suppose that a middle aged man who wants to relocate to a place where nubile sex partners are almost as free as the rain could well be a stand-up guy. Somehow I have a little trouble with that notion. Call me biased. And, yes, I don't put much credence in fellow mongers vouching for that person. Call me judgmental.

And if there is alcohol/substance abuse included (for which I have no knowledge although plenty of posters have alluded to that and suggested that true friends would find help for D'Arcy), then I suggest that that fact could have been unearthed fairly easily before the transaction took place.

nevertheless, I will just restate that there appears to be "shared liability" here and also restate that most of the liability appears NOT to be C and S's.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Shades of O.J. Simpson

The Prosecution will now give their closing arguments:

Just a minute your Honor the shoe phone is ringing,
It must be Dominoes

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Defense will now give their closing arguments:

This case is all about money your Honor,
If the
$hoe fits, you must acquit

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
(Far fetched Political Satire)

Don

Reactions: samanasuenos

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
He did not have a suitcase, but a small bag

Did the kidnappers pack this for him before they left the house, put the dogs away and locked the gate?

When he finally went back to Rockys, he was so sick he couldn't give an interview, needed help etc. Yet staff from both hotels in Boca Chica never said he looked sick.

Did he get sick on the journey back to Sosua? Did the hotel staff lie?

In an interview with The Hamilton Spectator D'Arcy said.

He figures his memory is foggy because they drugged him during the 18 days they held him.

TheSpec.com - Local - Wright will stay in DR despite ordeal

Didn't he go back to Santiago at one point? Wasn't he drugged?

Who was using his iPhone?

Who was the girl that visited him?
Hooker, ex-girlfriend? If it was an ex, how did D'Arcy contact her?

He paid for the hotel room daily (RD$700).
Why daily and why 8 days? Did he run out of money from his shoes?

Is your head hurting yet? It goes on and on...

We may never know what really happened to D'Arcy or why he did what he did. But one thing is for sure, it was not the series of events some people wanted everyone to believe.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I think everyone has had the opportunity to say what they think and feel, so it's time to close this down.

It's been an interesting 3-4 weeks and one I'm sure will live in the memory of some people for a long time.

If anything new comes across my desk, I'll post it into this thread.

CLOSED!

Reactions: JD Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.